Moving a structure forwards

romowodajo's Avatar romowodajo7/8/16 5:39 am
1 emeralds 332 4
7/8/2016 6:27 am
Nedyar10's Avatar Nedyar10
Hello fellow blockheads, i am in need of your help.

i have created a ship in vanilkla minecraft, and now im trying to get it to move forward one block everytime i press a button. i also want it to be able to turn. how do i do this? because the ''forward'' button must still be ''forward'' after i turned 90 degrees.

also, i need the area behind me, where the ship used to be, to fill up with water again

please help me?
romowodajo
Level 36 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Nedyar10
07/08/2016 6:27 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Lumberjack
awesomecronin
Nedyar10
Hope this helps
*wow Someone posted first on a similar idea =(

Muhahahaha

I was literally about to post my post when you did it first lol XD
awesomecronin
07/08/2016 6:23 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Engineer
Nedyar10
Hope this helps

Muhahahaha
Nedyar10
07/08/2016 6:18 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Lumberjack
Moving forward is possible but turning... is actually not that hard but takes time

In /clone there is a little feature where you can use move what you have selected in any direction.
/clone ~-1 ~-1 ~1 ~1 ~1 ~-1 ~ ~ ~ replace move
If you don't know what ~ means, it's basically x y z but starting on where the command block is (if you really don't know what it means, unlock the spoiler)
Click to reveal
~ is a way to do a command based on where the player or command block is. Each of the ~ represents the x y z coordinates (if you don't know what that is, than watch some youtube tutorials) Like for example if I do...
/setblock ~ ~-1 ~ stone
This will put a block right below me (or the command block) since it is negative and it is in the y coordinate

"Replace move" makes it so instead of cloning the structure, it replaces it and moves the entire ship. First you have to make sure that the command block is in the ship. Select the entire ship (NOT too much and NOT too little of the ship) then experiment on where you need it to go. I don't know if this is just me but every time I try to use this, it confuses me because I have to enter ~-1 ~2 ~-1 to make it go down

The ship however will move without you so you need to tp the player forward as well

Turning, well... actually this is hard. First you would have to have a copy of the ship in 4 different directions and put it somewhere in the world (use structure blocks to save your time). Then I guess every time you press the button, it will clone a different direction and clone it right where you are. This of course is difficult but that's the solution I can think of

Hope this helps
awesomecronin
07/08/2016 6:17 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Engineer
I would use an invisible armor stand. Just constantly clone the ship to the armor stand, and you can teleport the armor stand forward by one block using a button or similar. I would also include one block of air around the front of the copy ship, and the back as well. To turn, just increase a dummy objective by one, starting at 0 forward, 1 at 90 degrees, 2 at 180 degrees, 3 at 270 degrees, and when the system detects a score of four, it will reset it back to zero. For each score, just clone a different copy of the ship in a different direction, and you can also modify the teleporting depending on the score. If you aren't fond of command blocks, I can make a small demo for you to download.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome