Coming Eventually: Cilerion

TheNewTK421's Avatar TheNewTK4211/19/23 9:47 am history
3 emeralds 159 2
2/16/2023 12:12 pm
TheNewTK421's Avatar TheNewTK421

Premise

Sometime in the distant future, after many things have passed on, a small station offering refuge, research, recreation, relaxation, refreshment, and other resources floats somewhere several units above any known surface. You decide to land your vehicle here, needing a place to stay at least for a bit. As you look around, you find that this station has really done a lot to appeal to visitors. With so many right ideas, what could possibly be wrong?

Development Details

World Version and Development History:

Cilerion has been in development since 2019. For a while, the world was being developed in version 1.14.4, and I intended to keep it that way for a while because I didn't how the world would be affected by newer versions. However, I eventually tried out the world in 1.19.4 and it worked fine, so thus this futuristic world is no longer stuck in the past.

The first screenshot shows one of the areas as being within a glass dome of sorts. This was how it was sometime earlier in development, but due to certain issues I scrapped that plan. The new ceiling and wall plan is shown in the background of the third screenshot. The first screenshot is included here both as historical reference and because it gives a good look inside an area.

Resource Pack:

There will be a resource pack for this world. A part of it is showcased in the second screenshot. That screenshot is actually not taken within the Cilerion world, but I used it here because it gives some good insight without giving away too much about what happens in Cilerion. Also, the Cilerion resource pack will probably be made available for people to use in their own worlds, so this screenshot also sort of serves to represent that fact.

One Thing to Note

The final world and the final resource pack, although they are currently well-represented within the screenshots, may very well look somewhat different in their final forms. I don't necessarily think that they will deviate too much from how they are currently shown, but sometimes creative visions change for either one reason, another, or multiple, so these screenshots cannot necessarily account for any future decisions.

Responding to Some Questions and Comments Before Anyone Thinks Them

Q = Question A = Answer C = Comment R = Reply

Q. When will this be released?
A. It gets released when it does.

C. I see you've made much use of the sea lanterns.
R. They look good in a science fiction setting, so yes. Also, they just look cool in general.

Q. What exactly is going on in the third screenshot with the horse-riding penguin?
A. The third screenshot features a penguin on a horse probably because sometimes I get sort of bored and mess around. The penguin skin is an alternative skin I sometimes have used. I forget if I made it or if my brother made it. It doesn't really have anything to do with Cilerion, by the way. But I mean, Cilerion's not really complete yet, so...

C. i like firetrucks and moster trucks
R. walter

Q. What was the story of this again?
A. The station is designed to suit visitors' needs and wants, and it seems quite nice, but perhaps not everything is what it seems. Things will hopefully make more sense when the world is actually complete. I'm actually still trying to figure out some things storywise, so at the time of this thread not even I know entirely where everything is going. I still have enough knowledge to outline a sort of basic summary, though. Maybe particular parts of the lore will just be left up to subjective interpretation.

C. I earn $5,000 a week thanks to working with [​REDACTED]...
R. Shut up.

Updates

I might update this thread when need be.

Feedback

If you so choose, you can give me feedback. It would be wise to check if I have already addressed something you have said, however.
TheNewTK421
Level 28 : Expert Miner