Is Minecraft Dying?

DeluxeLimey's Avatar DeluxeLimey8/10/22 8:30 am
3 emeralds 167 4
10/7/2022 10:24 pm
FooFooBunny2's Avatar FooFooBunny2
Is Minecraft Dying?? Cast Your Votes, Poll Ending Next Week!

Poll ended 08/17/2022 8:30 am.

DeluxeLimey
Level 42 : Master Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

lizking10152011
10/07/2022 7:17 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
history
I don't feel the game is per-se dying, I do feel however that some bad decisions have been made over time that hurts the game in it's current state (And note I am referencing this as a Bedrock Player). Things such as
  • Removal of Console Legacy Limited World Size feature (Of Classic, Small, Medium, and Large Worlds Sizes)
  • Removal of the Old World Type (Of 256 X 128 X 256)
  • Removal of the Console Legacy 'Reset the Nether' and 'Reset the End' features
  • Removal of the Console Legacy feature to have Blazes drop Glowstone Dust
  • Removal of the Console Legacy Feature to be able to breed Chickens with Nether Wart
  • Removal of the Minecart with Furnace (It's still doable with Command Blocks, but players shouldn't have to have Cheats enabled to access it)
  • Removal of the Netherite Hoe from Piglin Bartering as of Bedrock update 1.16.100
  • Removal of the ability to fish Soul Speed Books out of the water as well as trade Librarians for them as of Bedrock Update 1.16.100
  • Removal of Gold Ingot Drops for Drowned to be replaced with Copper Ingots as of Bedrock Update 1.17.0
  • Removal of the ability to place Large Dripleafs on any block as of Bedrock Update 1.18. This could've been used as a Delay system in Redstone Contraptions, but they nerfed the Large Dripleaf instead.
  • Deepslate Emerald Ore being borderline impossible to find as of Bedrock Update 1.18 (It was more abundant in 1.17)
  • Biomes being too big as of Bedrock Update 1.18
Things like these hurt the game, and reimplementing the features in some direct or indirect way can help the game.
FooFooBunny2
10/07/2022 10:24 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Is Legacy Edition the one on Xbox One? If that is the one I can play it on Xbox X/S because we still own the game and can download it.
Stubbs1
08/10/2022 10:31 am
They/Them • Level 67 : High Grandmaster Artist Senpai
Nah :p
It's alive and well, especially with the younger generation that I know of
Mindthemoods
08/10/2022 8:41 am
Level 40 : Master Scribe
Uh, No. Yes, there will come a day when Minecraft recieves its last update; but even then, this is a game that has endured far longer than most, thanks, in my mind, to the following things:
  • An intelligent group of developers who have, (especially in recent years), focused on updating existing parts of the game as a means of adding new content, thus toeing the line by keeping existing players engaged, and attracting new players with a continuous process of free updates.
  • A devoted community of casual players, modders, content creators, and, almost as importantly:
  • A 'game' whose very nature allows for limitless possibilities for that community to play around with.
Yes, the game may have highs and lows of popularity, but at this point I think it's doubtful to say that Minecraft will ever truly 'die.' I can think of very few scenarios in which the game would simply cease to be, short of, say, the downfall of humanity. The most likely scenario in my mind is that at some point in the distant future, Mojang declares the game complete, and any subsequent updates will focus less on new features and more on optimization and expanding the game to new platforms. There will almost certainly come along flashier games more attractive than it; but even still, there's something to be said for the game that defined the genre.

...Apologies for the lengthy defense of Minecraft, but that's just my speculation on the matter.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome