Iron Ore Rarity?

chiefhank's Avatar chiefhank4/30/24 3:18 pm
4/30/2024 3:41 pm
GalaxyCat24's Avatar GalaxyCat24
Hello, everyone,

I'd like to point out something that I think Mojang needs to address.

I have been playing MInecraft since it first came out, and have loved it ever since. I play it for at least 2 hours every day on my PS5.

Near the end of last year, I had a sudden power outage here while playing the game. For some reason or other, it caused my game to be corrupted, destroying 3 long years of hard work. I was brokenhearted and did not want to start a new game, so Minecraft got shelved. Just after the new year, I found myself really missing the game, so I created a new world to conquer in Survival mode, on the easy side.

It started off fine and I got my initial resources okay. However, I found it very difficult to find iron ore, one of the most important blocks in the game. I did some YouTube research, and after watching several videos about iron ore in the game, I discovered that you are most likely to find iron ore blocks at Y coordinate 15. Soooo, I dug my way down from level 64 to level 15 and started mining away. I found some iron ore in dribs and drabs, but I was drowning in copper!! Jeez! As far as I'm concerned, copper is one of the most useless blocks in Minecraft! You can't do anything with it! Last night, I took notes as I was playing the game to show that Mojang needs to either increase the frequency or iron ore, or switch the algorithms for iron and copper

I was mining Y coordinate 15 through 18, and from X coordinate 122 to 130. That's 36 blocks per row. I mined from Z coordinate 5 through 51, thereby mining a total of 1,692 blocks, using 3 iron pick axes and 6 stone pick axes. I can't use all iron pickaxes because I don't have enough iron to use only metal tools. And forget diamonds! I've had no luck at all finding them!

Here's what I ended up acquiring: 33 copper, 22 coal, 15 iron, 11 Lapis Lazuli, and 10 gold. Only 15 iron??? Less than HALF of the useless copper that is laying all over the place at every level in the game! And the coal I found strictly by accident.

Mojang really needs to do something about the iron ore frequency. It is one of THE most important blocks in the game. Please?
chiefhank
Level 1 : New Miner