Structures (Features) no longer work in the latest update [RESOLVED]

Fihae's Avatar Fihae9/25/23 9:01 pm history
5 emeralds 799 5
9/28/2023 9:56 pm
LieutSavg99's Avatar LieutSavg99
Hello Anyone,

I'm currently attempting to create an add-on for Minecraft Bedrock Edition, but I'm having an issue with my structures/features not generating. As of the latest update for Bedrock (1.20.30.1), Features are now considered internal and cannot be used in the current engine version, I've read the log for the update and discovered that most feature placement rules have been "Exposed from behind the data driven biome experimental toggle." I don't know what this means nor do I know how to fix it, I've checked most sources (yes even Microsoft documentation) and can't seem to find any changes to how the json files should be formatted. Feedback on how to fix this or what's causing this would be appreciated, if this happened to be a known bug, please let me know, I am extremely bored and just want to work on add-on/mods.

Thanks,
- FuriNokFihae

Thank you LieutSavg99 for informing me about how to fix this issue, "set the 'min_engine_version' in the manifest .json file to [​1, 20, 30]."
Fihae
Level 12 : Journeyman Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

LieutSavg99
09/28/2023 9:56 pm
Level 21 : Expert Procrastinator
I had a similar issue a couple of days ago. The latest official update (1.20.30) caused errors for many of the items/features in my add-on. I was able to resolve this issue by setting the "min_engine_version" in the manifest .json file to [1, 20, 30]. Unfortunately, I had to resort to making any biome-related features a seperate .mcpack file as altering the "min_engine_version" broke alot of the custom items in my add-on.

Hopefully this resolves your issue. :)
DinoWattz
09/26/2023 6:37 am
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Painter Engineer
Are you getting any content error logs while using the addon?
Fihae
09/26/2023 7:24 am
Yes I am,

[FeatureRegistry][error]-My World | tst:testingpre_feature | The feature uses the feature type 'minecraft:structure_template_feature', which is considered internal and thus not compatible with this engine version of the game.

[FeatureRegistry][error]-My World | No definition found for feature 'tst:testingore_feature'
DinoWattz
09/26/2023 9:09 am
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Painter Engineer
history
Just tested an old addon here and yep, it's broken, same error, someone already reported it on the bug tracker MCPE-175092 (you can vote for it)

guess we'll have to wait them to fix it
Fihae
09/26/2023 12:23 pm
Thank you for letting me know
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome