Should I put all my builds back into a world?

DreamWanderer's Avatar DreamWanderer7/20/23 7:00 pm
5 emeralds 245 6
7/22/2023 4:53 am
KrissieFox1's Avatar KrissieFox1
As the titles says. After I had a problem with my PC and had to wipe everything on my computer back to default. Which meant I lost my original build world. Which had every single vehicle build for that I had done since the past 3 years

My question. Is in moving forward, and starting new. Should I try to download as many of my vehicle schematics as I can, and use worldedit to paste each individual one back into a world?. Or should I just start fresh, and not look back? Or somewhere in between?

Help me decide :)

Poll ended 07/23/2023 7:00 pm.

DreamWanderer
Level 85 : Elite Pegasus

Create an account or sign in to comment.

KrissieFox1
07/22/2023 4:53 am
She/Her • Level 47 : Master Nerd Fox
history
I'd recommend putting them into a world! A couple years ago I took all my old builds form past worlds and imported them to my current server world, and it feels nice, it's like a museum of old creations and it can be fun to try incorporating old builds into new places and biomes, too. Plus I find it fun to tidy up and further decorate the areas after importing stuff, too.

Edit: Also, I'm sorry you lost your old world, I know how much it sucks when that happens. I'm glad you still have your old vehicles, atleast!
TheCrackedSkulls
07/22/2023 4:44 am
Level 1 : New Miner
yes
DiggerMcGee
07/21/2023 12:43 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Engineer
I think you should do both. At least restore (as best you can) the old build world, then start a brand new one. After a time, compare the two and you will see how your style, technique, and creativity evolve.

Oh yeah. backups to a different drive may help going forward.

Good luck,

Digger
Stubbs1
07/21/2023 12:37 pm
They/Them • Level 67 : High Grandmaster Artist Senpai
Anything that's used for reference, or a favorite :D
TheKingOEmeralds
07/21/2023 5:12 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
I voted for somewhere in between. I think it can be fun, exciting and fresh to start a new. Could help with your creativity. But it is always nice to be able to look back. Create a world to hold the builds so you can always look back. Save a .zip of it somewhere else so it is safe.

And then create a new world. Enjoy starting again and creating new and exciting things!
YumyWafflz
07/20/2023 7:10 pm
He/Him • Level 31 : Artisan Waffle Waffle
Bring Your favorite ones back, and start again.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome