Dont want minecraft to use 4gb ram? try this

star_weaver's Avatar star_weaver7/6/21 3:10 am
7/7/2021 1:45 am
HoboMaggot's Avatar HoboMaggot
https://adoptopenjdk.net/?variant=openjdk8&jvmVariant=openj9

tell minecraft to use this, set the max ram to like 1gb or so, been able to start 1.16.5 with about 120 mods on 1.5gb (not with ram reducing mods)

--
poll. did this help?
star_weaver
Forum Moderator
Level 26 : Expert Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

HoboMaggot
07/06/2021 5:03 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
history
How does one use a JDK for Java arguments?
Not to mention you havent provided an actual guide nor why adoptjdk is useful for minecraft.

Here is an actual guide from some mc server on how switching the Oracle Java version that minecraft uses, to the open source version of Java, "Open JDK" and the specific build mentioned by you, maximises minecraft performance.
Papa Enny
07/06/2021 4:13 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
Do you really want to risk with getting a warning for posting 3rd party advertisment?
HoboMaggot
07/06/2021 5:05 am
history
They're telling the truth (refer to the guide link I found from above) but the post is worded really horribly and vaguely
star_weaver
07/06/2021 7:12 am
can you explain how it is vague?
my goal here was to say, "hey theres a different java verison you can use that lowers the amount of ram needed for java- heres where to get it"
not every one uses the default launcher, but maybe short, sharp and to the point is not the right way you like your posts
HoboMaggot
07/06/2021 10:58 pm
history
Your post is to the point, however, by vague I mean it leaves us with virtually no information other than "use this jdk for minecraft"

Nearly no one, including the 3rd party launchers, use something other than the official Oracle Java JDK/JRE. And nearly no one knows how to change the JDK minecraft or a program uses.
star_weaver
07/06/2021 11:04 pm
the point was to state that theres an option for people that dont want to deal with minecraft using a lot of ram that doesnt need any mods or launch option changes
HoboMaggot
07/06/2021 11:09 pm
history
Yes thats what I mean to the point. But by vague I meant that ~90% of people would just shrug and say "How do I use this jdk to make minecraft better"
HuoKnight
07/06/2021 11:27 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Mlem Mlem Bat
It would be better to show the super easy method that doesn't require other software.
HoboMaggot
07/06/2021 11:02 pm
history
The super easy methods are external mods such as optifine. However im pretty sure they're all limited by JDK methods/functions that minecraft uses.
The adoptjdk Java build which star_weaver and the guide I found recommends basically does those JDK methods/functions a lot better and efficiently for minecraft, which allows for more fps, and can potentially stack with the external optimisation mods
HuoKnight
07/07/2021 1:04 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Mlem Mlem Bat
This thread was about limiting the ram, not performance. In the minecraft launcher you can specify the ram consumption limit for each profile.
Papa Enny
07/06/2021 5:48 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
Right

They should take care of the writing style(it seems to be an advert)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome