If you could do anything else with ender pearls, what would you do?

slntbobkillrjay's Avatar slntbobkillrjay1/1/24 11:55 am
1/4/2024 10:23 pm
KnockbackNemo's Avatar KnockbackNemo
hi everyone! i'm learning to code data packs & the first thing i want to ~try~ & tackle is to make different uses for the ender pearls! so i have come to the community to ask you all, if there was something else you could to with ender pearls, what would it be? i find them pretty useless since we have elytra to fly & you only need to active the end maybe 2 times if you find more than one stronghold. all ideas are appreciated & accepted & if i choose your idea, i will credit you!!
slntbobkillrjay
Level 19 : Journeyman Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

KnockbackNemo
01/04/2024 10:23 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Fish
if you throw one at/within 10 blocks of a tropical fish you computer crashes and your world gets deleted
ScotsMiser
01/02/2024 12:30 am
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
End dimension direction finder (works only in The End) :

Compass in center, Ender pearls in teh corners, End rods in the sides crafts a Mounted End Compass

Place the device on any solid surface (same rules as for item frames) and one can romove the compass [Unmounted End Compass] which will point to the End Compass Base from which it was taken so long as that base remains in place.
If the End Compass Base is removed from its place without first restoring the associated Unmounted End Compass is poofs out of existence.
The same happens if the block to which it is affixed is destroyed etc.

Essentially this behaves like a compass and an item frame except that the two are linked (i.e. Unmounted Compass 'A' only point sto and can only be placed into End Compass Base 'A').
slntbobkillrjay
01/03/2024 8:32 am
i really like this idea!! esp if folks are like me & just explore to build but then get lost haha
PufferJackets
01/01/2024 2:55 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Princess
I think ender arrows would be interesting!

I'm not too certain on the limitations in place for this type of thing, but I think it could be cool!

The way I think they'd work is that you must craft arrows and enderpearls together, then when you fire it, it will bring the enemy to you!
This could be useful for far away mobs that you want to hit with a sword without having to walk over to them!
slntbobkillrjay
01/03/2024 8:32 am
currently working on this now!!
PufferJackets
01/04/2024 10:18 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Princess
oh wow! awesome! I'm so glad you like it enough to dedicate your time to it, I wish you so much luck!
Weirdness
01/01/2024 2:38 pm
Level 24 : Expert Waffle
Either make it so you ride on them when you throw one (so you can have like a lookout for biomes or enemies) or make it so it can have a specified time delay for when it hits the ground and you teleport there
garlicbreathinator
01/01/2024 1:15 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
I've toyed around with the idea of an item that combines echo shards with an ender pearl as an alternative to using /home on a server. The crafting recipe would look something like this and would form an orb set on top of a gilded, flowery base kinda styled after a lotus. Similar to shulker boxes, they can be dyed to differentiate them in your inventory but like fireworks or leather armor you can make any combination of colors.

Shard
Ender Pearl
Shard
Gold
Obsidian
Gold

When newly crafted, the orb is in an an unattuned state. Holding down right-click for a couple seconds will attune the orb to wherever you are standing, causing it to glow a bright white (or whatever color you dyed it) and gain an enchantment glint. Using a grindstone on the orb will unattune it so you can store a new location, but will not give any experience. Crafting an unattuned orb with an attuned one will copy the stored location, just like maps and banners.

Using an attuned orb requires warp charges as ammo, which can be crafted with 1 ender pearl and 3 lapis. Each use also expends 1 experience level.
When you hold right-click with the orb, while having a warp charge in your inventory and at least 1 exp level, it slows you down and plays an animation just like eating or drawing a bow. Unlike those actions, taking any damage will disable and restart the animation like an axe disables shields. Getting hit, however, does not consume your resources. After a couple seconds as the sound builds and particles converge on you, the orb begins flashing. Releasing right-click at this moment consumes the resource cost and teleports you to the stored location. If you change your mind, you can switch slot to cancel the animation with no penalty just like canceling a bow charge.

A possible upgrade involves combining the orb with a nether star in a smithing table to remove the resource cost with each use. There could also be some kind of altar platform it could be placed in, allowing players to use it like a stationary warp pad.
ThatOneIdiotNamedGhoul
01/01/2024 12:27 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Sus
What if you alsooooo

Could take ghast tears, put it in the middle of crafting table, ender pearls all around, and you get 8 Attack Pearl's which do great damage on the ender dragon
01/01/2024 12:05 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
slntbobkillrjay
01/01/2024 12:16 pm
facts only! definitely plan to make this first priority!
sweaterduck
01/01/2024 12:05 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Nerd
I use ended pearls as teleporters the wrong way sometimes
throw one into water with soul soil at the bottom 1 block hole 4 down withw a target block and trapdoorwoor
hit the target, the trapdoor closes and u to there
it’s safer way bc no fall damage and u won’t unexpectably die
i would eat wonder pearls or craft them with oak logs/planks to make ender wood
slntbobkillrjay
01/01/2024 12:19 pm
i absolutely love the idea of ender pearl recipes! i could definitely think of a few way to make a wood variant too!
sweaterduck
01/01/2024 12:25 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Nerd
maybe like a ender cake but instead of eggs ender pearls

:o maybe ender eggs
make enderman drop enderman heads
do they do that already? idk
maybe a enderpearl like zoom in? you know those sniper games they zoom in on the target? maybe like a aireal vieww of wher it will land and the damage you'll take from fall or just whatever would be cool too :D
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome