Creative Social community project - We need your pledge!

Rolofolo's Avatar Rolofolo2/14/14 2:09 am
1 emeralds 900 6
2/19/2014 5:06 am
Rolofolo's Avatar Rolofolo
Hello fellow Planet Minecrafters,

Maybe some of you know me from the project list and popreel creative projects. Or through Angel Block Society formed from the foundations of PMC.
If not, please check my profile if you like to see a bit more about me and my work.

This topic is about a discussion, but also to encurrage your pledge to a new 'Creative Soacial Community'.
I started a crowdfunding page on Patreon (http://www.patreon.com/RoloFolo) this week to start this project.

http://www.patreon.com/RoloFolo

So what is this about?
I'm a Minecraft Fan first class. Minecraft is a great inspiration design tool wich gives you alot of freedom in a super easy to use way.
I soly build creative and pleged myself to build only the most creative, inspirational an just awsome builds you can find troughout the internet.

To stay true to this plegde I'm starting this project.
Patreons and that means you! will give me the recources to not just keep building all that cool stuff, but become even better and reach more!
I have a coulpe of dreams to get realised and that will not be able without your help.

My dreams/goals for this community
To give you a concrete idea about this social community these are the basic goals to reach.

First stop! A server
Setup a profesional and reliable community server.
Server will host multiple Worldmaps that can be openly build upon. We will host themed maps, like Medieval, Fantasy, Steampunk, Modern, Asain and more sorts of styles.
We will also host special pledgers maps that can only be build upon by the people investing into this community. And who knows what we want more in time.
Server is free to access (guests), and we will find a way to get just the nice people instead of the griefers. One of my main points would be to get all pledging patreons the right tools to build and grow there skills. Like WorldEdit, a way to get your schematics etc etc. Will depend on the technical side of things because I understand not everything is possible. Just you know the goal.

This is the main goal; Come toghter, be social and learn of eachother and grow the Creative community skills a notch.
My personal goal would be to build openly for the whole community to see and use. So I want to give back my skills to the community. I want to teach others and want others to be teaching aswell.
Thinking of a system to encurrage people doing this. Like points/ranks and extra's when you do help out.

Some ideas of what we could attive with this community;
  • Better skills for all of us
  • Quality/Proffessional envoirment for Creative builders (also in tools etc)
  • Create open source builds for the public to use
  • Common social improvement (Make the community more friendly )

One more thing that is bugging me is the legal stuff behind you beeing creative on a server I will be hosting. I want that all pledgers stuff will not become mine in a legal way. I need to sort that out someway so your save at this server.

Second; Grow and become more awsome!
When we grow in size, we will invest all that into even more hardware, more tools for everybody that pledges and get ourselfs more know.

Third; Make more quality content
Instead of just watching people makeing cinametics to inspire or worship. Or just see live action gaming of others players we will create inspirational, but also learing content for the rest of the community to see.
I myself want to become this YouTuber and host funny stuff like build battles, but mostly tutorials for better the skills of the community. Offcourse I won't be alone on this and we all will profit trough oure social community.
Also YouTube is one form of channel to use, we can think up more then just that offcourse

Fourth; Academy/Events be the Elite!
We even grow further, at this time we're well known trought the entire community. We start a real academy. Not just to teach, I want to get a social part on this too.
So programms like BlockbyBlock or Minecraftedu should become aware of us. The goal would be to have a positive impact on the entire community. Atleast on the social and creative part.

My rewards for you
Offource all above sounds great, but sometimes still a bit vague. I understand that, but all needs to grow from a small awesomeness to epic proportions.

To start-off this community I feel like I have to start giving back rewards to the pledgers.
Here are some of the rewards I will give back to you in person. Probly more will be added on the way. Here is a collection of things, please read the Patreon page to see more information about these rewards.

• When the server is up you get a special Patreon rank, Patreon worldmap and community vote! And If possible (technical) WorldEdit and other cool options!
  • Access to the patron-only stream on Patreon! I will make all of my announcements on a private envoirment for Patreons about what's going on with my work and progress of the project. You will have a vote in what's going on.
  • Will build a monthly special trough the thoughts of you Patreons! So you can tell me what to build in the next special!
  • I do build consults on your stuff. Also we Skype so we have direct contact about creative minecraft related subjects. You can even sponser someone else for this!
  • I will do a one-on-one Minecraft creative workshop with you for one evening per month on oure own personal secret worldmap! Contact me at rolofolo@gmail.com before selecting this.
  • I will do a one-on-one or group Minecraft creative workshop on multiple evenings per month on oure own secret map! Contact me at rolofolo@gmail.com before selecting this. So we can do a complete build toghter

So now what?
I truely believe this is a good form on setting up a social community. True getting people inspired, pledge to the community and giving something in retrun. I also truely believe we can grow in creative skill and as a social community.

If you get this, if you want to be part of this, and be one of the very first to join this cause. Please become a pledger on my Patreon page so we start this awsomeness ASAP!

To start the first goal please read the Patreon page.

Thanks for reading this. If you have any other comments on this story/idea please discusse. I want to learn of everybody there opinions.

Greetings, RoloFolo

Rolofolo
Level 73 : Legendary Architect