Can someone help me build or find a build that's early medieval please?

PepperSalami's Avatar PepperSalami11/7/23 8:08 pm
2 emeralds 132 3
11/8/2023 2:48 am
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
Hi, I'm looking for more builds of the early medieval era, like smaller "rough" , thatch roofed buildings, houses, wooden castles, and small early medieval villages, but it's super hard to find such builds at all , so i'm looking for someone to help me build them, or to find such builds online (even just pics/tutorials would be cool)

Thanks
PepperSalami
Level 22 : Expert Pig

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ScotsMiser
11/08/2023 2:48 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
history
Searching "early medieval village" and checking images showed a few from the moat & bailey era (even a number of these featured stone castles/dungeons/keeps).

['moat and bailey' may be another useful search as may be 'broch'.]

Given that brochs or duns date to the 1st or 2nd century BC, there aren't likely to be actual pictures of the wooden walls and outbuildings (other than ruins from archaeological sites) but there do seem to be quite a few artists conceptions available.

Adding 'minecraft' to any of the above searches also shows a plethora of hits — including some here:
e.g. https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/motte-and-bailey-castle-4078261/ [​not reviewed, just the 1st hit ]

Good hunting

EDIT:
One bit that may help with getting the look you want:
Chimneys were exceedingly rare [​in Europe] from the fall of the Roman empire until the late 12th century (and were usually confined to industrial builds like forges etc even then).
OrderWithoutBorders
11/07/2023 9:40 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
Why not look up pictures of the real thing and try to make something off that?
PepperSalami
11/07/2023 11:25 pm
Level 22 : Expert Pig
There's not too many images of that too, especially one which shows the whole village, or an early medieval castle (like a wooden one).m, but good idea.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome