Updated Comment System

Cyprezz's Avatar Cyprezz2/26/11 12:25 pm history
3/1/2011 6:35 am
eLGassi's Avatar eLGassi
Hey did you know that you can now edit and delete your own comments? Of course not, the option was added 5 minutes ago. You can also moderate comments made on your own submissions. Someone post seriously nonconstructive feedback? Deleted! Comment no longer valid or you want to keep a clean page? Deleted!

Also on the main site, not the forums yet, a handy unread comment notification will appear in your user bar when someone comments on your submissions or responds to a comment you made somewhere on the site. Yah conversation! Click the "envelope" icon on your userbar to go to your inbox. Comments are automatically marked as read when you do this so you don't have to micro manage.

Note: I marked all current messages as read rather than the other way around. You might want to check your inbox.

Seed section next, then subscription system.
Cyprezz
Admin / Lead Developer
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg

Create an account or sign in to comment.

eLGassi
03/01/2011 6:35 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Pirate
Really liking the new Feature. When submitting skins it can get hard to keep track of new comments and such.
x1Gambler1x
02/26/2011 7:05 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
Cyprezz
02/26/2011 6:39 pm
Okay, now it's fixed and deleted comments should be cleared from the inbox too.

Mailing system? That is the next step isn't it.
x1Gambler1x
02/26/2011 6:15 pm
So Cyprezzz, planning on making a mailing system, similar to Youtube?
kacboy
02/26/2011 6:09 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Taco
They still don't disappear! D: I went to the inbox from 2 different pages and it didn't work.
Zaralith
02/26/2011 5:18 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Noticed that deleted comments still show up at the notification section.
BrokenTactics
02/26/2011 5:08 pm
Level 47 : Master Steve
Cyprezz ...You can also moderate comments made on your own submissions. Someone post seriously nonconstructive feedback? Deleted!...

I can see this backfire. People may start deleting any negative comments.
Cyprezz
02/26/2011 4:06 pm
Did you go into your inbox? It should mark them all as read after visiting your inbox once.

Nevermind, found the bug. fixed. Visit it and when you leave it should be all set.
kacboy
02/26/2011 3:54 pm
Um, how do you remove the notifier? I've seen all the comments and it still has the flags. D:

EDIT:
Yeah it's fixed thx.
Cyprezz
02/26/2011 1:47 pm
Yah, I forget to check all the time. I almost never check if someone replied to my feedback. Before you wouldn't even know if you checked your messages. Now you'll get a flag and it will show up in your inbox Only direct responses though. So if someone responds to a response to your comment... it won't show up in your box. I think that makes sense.
kacboy
02/26/2011 1:09 pm
Thanks Cyprezz! Saves me the time of going to My Profile>About kacboy to find new comments on my stuff.
x1Gambler1x
02/26/2011 12:39 pm
Cyprezz, let's just say you are a god :p I've had loads of haters and trolls comment on my creations; being buttwipes and everything. I wanted to erase those comments because they make me look bad, thanks for the update on this and the message notification up top

Not meaning to rain on the parade, or the fun; but I would like to report a little bug. When erasing certain comments, the top where it states how many comments there are; it doesn't update.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome