🌍 The PMC Weekly October 24th, 2020chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC10/25/20 1:00 pm history
49 emeralds 833 13
10/30/2020 2:32 pm
jv1ien's Avatar jv1ien

We're less than a week away from HALLOWEEN! Who's trick-or-treating? Who's staying in and playing Minecraft? Whichever the case, we hope everyone has a spooktacular time!

We're also coming closer and closer to announcing the 10 Year Anniversary celebration events. Keep your eyes peeled this week for information!

Several of the spooptober prompt lists are coming to an end as well as most of the October Contests. We're also covering a cool skin, some epic terrain and an interview!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

PROJECT CONTEST
There are 2 DAYS left in this one chunk challenge contest!

The goal is simple:
Create a structure that fits within the dimensions of one chunk (16x16 blocks). It can be as tall as 3 blocks, or as gigantic as 255 blocks, but it must be contained within one chunk. Nothing can extrude beyond these dimensions--looking at you, trees!

Download the starter map here!

2 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER!

PLAYER SKIN CONTEST

As miners spend countless hours gathering precious and semi-precious resources from underground, they find themselves suiting up for or even evolving to their cave surroundings. Let's create skins that feel appropriate underground. Maybe the next time you're mining you'll find yourself dressing for the occasion or never seeing the light of day again! Use this description as inspiration or search for some on/offline to create a skin for the Miners and Cave Dwellers Player Skin Contest!

Deadline: October 26
2 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER!

COMMUNITY EVENT

Spooooopy dooopy do! In this official non-competitive community event, you can submit up to 5 Halloween Themed creations! Non-competitive means no competition! Purely for fun. Read all of the Event rules here and if you have any questions, visit this forum thread!

NOTE: If you change your profile to be Halloween/Autumn themed, tag PMC or comment in this forum thread. We will add you to a list!

Deadline: November 1

https://i.imgur.com/WzIUL77.png

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
Amalthxa is hosting their first skin contest ever, called Midnight! Your task in this contest is to create a skin that fits the theme midnight. Some examples are night, moon and stars.

Deadline: November 10

🎃 HALLOWEEN In-Game Trick-or-Treating and Competitions
🎃

Fang28's server is hosting a public in-game trick-or-treating event on October 31st!c All are welcome to attend. You do not need to be giving away treats in order to participate in trick-or-treating yourself, although it is welcomed! You are also welcome to host your own in game informal Halloween parties/events on one of their survival servers.

Required game version: Java 1.16.3

Discord (Get more info, sign up for trick or treating, or ask questions): https://discord.gg/UpFwky4
Server IP: MaximumMC.net

CONTESTS AND EVENT ENDING SOON:
🏠 (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Build EventProjectober!EndPlayzOctober 2020
Build Event
Buildtober
LordBreakerX
Ocotber 2020
Terraforming
Autumn Terraforming Contest 🗻
DeltaResearch
October 31
Terraforming
Zhyrr's Terraforming Contest
Zhyrr
November 1
📰 (Writing) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Story Event
Storytober 2020 🎃
pharaohbean
October 2020
Story Event
Storytober! 🎃
PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft
October 2020
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed EventLuna's Skintober Prompt 2020 🎃LxnacornOctober 2020
EventSpooky Month Costume Party 🎃KirigiriOctober 2020
Themed EventSpongie's Skintober 🎃SpongieOctober 2020
Themed EventSkintober 2020 Prompt List 🎃MellieOctober 2020
Themed Event
OC-Tober
Kaos_Kitten
October 2020
Themed Event
Screams of Halloween
PuppyDogs124
October 2020
Themed ContestStalker Outfit Skin ContestHipercreativeOctober 25
Palette ContestPumpkin Patch Spooks 🎃LogMaidenOctober 28
Themed Event
Hallow's Eve-entPrince Ren
October 30
Themed ContestWinter/Autumn Skin Contestr a i n b o wOctober 31
Themed ContestThe Screams of Halloween 🎃PuppyDogs124October 31
Reshade Contest
Reshade Contest
r a i n b o w
October 31
Themed Contest
Fantasy OC Player Skin Contest
PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft
November 1
Themed Contest
Soo Many Subs Spooktacular
Tacoshet
November 1
🐷 (Mobskins) Type

Themed Event OneCord's Mob skins Skintober 👻OneCordOctober 2020
🎨 (Art) Type

Themed EventMinecraft Drawtober 2020 🎃DinowCookieOctober 2020
👽 (Other) Type

Event
PMC Wedding
Spongie
November 7

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

BUG BOY
One of our favorite skin submissions this week was this one by vonk. This skin is titled "one with the bees, one in the trees" and appears to be a bug boy called Bichael. The submission description states that he "was abandoned in the forest as a child, loved bugs at a young age, and is a happy boy."

If you click on the skin, you can read a little more about it and who he learned all of his survival and life skills from!

.;* one with the bees, one in the trees *;. Minecraft Skin

TRENDING TERRAIN
This week we say a total of __ terrain map submissions on PMC! We're always so amazed by how realistic some of the terrain submissions are and how unique each one is. Take for instance, Asalia seen below. The map consists of islands, but not just any islands. Very "peaked" sandy islands that have an end portal located in the middle of them. These multi-biomed maps are so fun to explore because each biome is like a different experience. Below were some of our favorite and each of them have a download!

Mesa biome in Asalia

End Islands with the End Portal in the middle in Asalia

Sandur og fjöll by Threen29

The Sinora by 0x024e726f71e

INTERVIEW!

This week's interview is with....
Aspirin60! We're personal fans of Aspirins work; from her unique skins her beep box beats and chip tunes, to her psychedelic art, and her funny crazy comics. She currently has over 800 submissions, has given nearly and nearly 20,000 diamonds! She's intrigued us from the beginning, and we were eager to learn more about her. We hope you enjoy reading this interview as much as we did!

How did your Minecraft experience begin?

At first, i will say;English is not my language and i can not write or speak it perfect, okay? My Minecraft experience started as my younger brother introduced me to the game;I think beta 1.3.6. That was 8 years ago? I buy a Laptop, learned to use it, and played regularly with him...

Do you still play Minecraft?

I like to play the game all weeks, sometimes every day if I build something bigger in creativity. And the week-end my brother,two friends and me like to play pvp and survival in self-made medieval worlds(realms).You never see me in a server, I think, because the language barrier...

What inspired you to start making skins? How did you learn (through tutorials or self-taught)? Are there any tips or tricks you'd like to share for someone that's just starting out with skinning?

I wanted to have my own skin and searched a skin editor. I made my first four skins in Nova skin and put my first one in-game and i was so proud of my first (horrible) skin! It was a coincidence that i landing on Planet Minecraft...And,wow, so much gooood works was there,a lot of quality uploads from really good artists; i felt very small with my four noob-skins...For someone who starting I just saying that; -Do what you enjoy, do it well and only for you; if you like it, others like it too.

You’re talented across various mediums; you’re a true artist! From your paintings and drawings, to your music and skins. You have such a unique style. Where does your inspiration come from?

Where comes my inspiration? Uuh, not easy to give answer...I've been drawing since I could hold a pen in my fingers and painted what i saw, and gave my fantasy in it...I learned by watching how the masters did it and took the criticism seriously. At school i had the best grades in drawing and music, my teachers always said: -You can't make a living from it, look for a job. And I did so...

We love your comics! Can we expect more of them?

Do you like my comics? lol ...I'm sure,I'll be doing more comics, lately, I've focused more on learning to make music with beep box(chiptunes) and less on drawing, that'll come back...

How did you choose your PMC Username?

How I choose my username? O boy that was a weird thing... I was sick for a long time and had to take a lot of medication... I tried different names, they were occupied and when I took aspirin as the last option, it worked!! It's easy to remember this!

What PMC submission are you most proud of? Why?

What submission makes me the proudest? That's easy, my first 1place in a PMC contest; This one! And I'm proud of this skin because it's the first really good work I made 3 years ago, in the first time in PMC.

What is your favorite skin that another member has made?

My first favorite skin from another member is viking from Kefka

I love This much; the fun police Althestane

and this one from Aximili

This too; bat signal from taterman88

An this is nice; eeyore fromPurrfectionist

and a lot of other great skins....

What do you enjoy most about Planet Minecraft?

I enjoy most in Planet Minecraft the whibbit-frog on my profile...Hahaha...Thanks Cyprezz! Seriously; I like this site because it is designed with a lot of love! So many wonderful details and diversity in all areas... And there come always something new! For me is this site one of the best in the web! Thanks to the leaders and all who support PMC with real work!

Do you have any goals on the site (subscriber goal, perhaps win a contest, etc).

At the time I enjoy the possibility to made 3D-skins and mob skins with the new PMC skin 3D, a quality skin editor.

If i have any goals on the site? I won twice a PMC skin contest, I'm level 72, have over 1000 subscribers, what more could I want as goal? I only know one thing, I still enjoy posting funny artwork and I feel good here...

Is there a specific member that inspires you or you look up to? Who/Why?

Two members fascinated me from the beginning; both have done an extraordinary job in the matter. with a lot of imagination and skill , they have influenced a whole generation of skinners I'm talking about Kefka and Lantosyt . i like much Halucid , Althestane , Nimnot , Dragonsdungeon , Creepinatmydoor , Wldscarlet, and a lot of other good skinners...

Do you have any other hobbies alongside Minecraft?

My other hobbies are music; I've been play guitar for a long time and composing music on my PC...I have a Soundcloud page.

I like to paint with watercolors and ride in the country with my motor bike...I'm a night bird and sleep today, if I can,lol...

Do you have any pets? (perhaps include a picture?!)

My dog Whisky is going for a long time and today I keep two sugar-cane toads and 3 leopard-geckos in two big terrariums...

Leopard-gecko Willy, the male, and his girls; Flip and Flap.

A couple of Sugar cane toads. The name of those two is not possible to translate...

This was whiskey (and me) xxx year ago ...

We know you’re an amphibian lover. Tell us why you like them so much and what your favorite species is!

I always liked animals that people hate; spiders,scorpions,insects,snakes,lizards and frogs. In above cane toads because they are hated so much. When my dog died i started with my first 4 Leopard-geckos and a bit later 2 cane toads where added...I have two big self made terrariums for my little pets...

Describe yourself in 3 words!

3 words? -Huge metal fan

Favorite quote or words of wisdom for the community? OR Do you have any advice for new members of PMC?

At the last I would say this to all new members; make your thing, stay true by yourself,do not curse and never copy a pixel because this is tabo0! Planet Minecraft is a great fan-site and i wish all a good time here!

Anything you'd like to add?

one of my favorite digital painting:

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake