Allow me to introduce my smelf

Bleyd's Avatar Bleyd6/8/13 7:14 pm
1 emeralds 146 3
6/8/2013 7:43 pm
Da_M1N3CRAFTA's Avatar Da_M1N3CRAFTA
I joined this site over two years ago, but since nobody I know from back then is still on here and I have been gone for a while myself, a new introduction seems appropriate.

My name is Bleyd, and I am a pirate. I got Minecraft nearly three years ago and have been addicted ever since, spreading the word to my few real-life friends and getting a few copies for them to play as well. The subtle combination of unlimited creative potential and a relatively significant handicap to the shape and design of projects made the game irresistible. Many a night in the weeks after registering my account, I would have lucid dreams about the real world in cubist form.

I was directed to PMC from the site of a server I frequented, shortly before being banned therefrom for removing a dirt block to see how far from a new spawn one needed to be to build, or "massive griefing" as the eleven year old server moderator called it. My rage was quelled by how amazing this site was (and arguably still is). Distinct sections for various Minecraft-related work, a friendly and mature staff, expertly designed forums, and a growing community of brilliant builders and artists.

Amidst the swirling torrent of creativity, I was unable to contribute much. My old craptop was barely able to run Minecraft for more than a few minutes without bluescreening due to a factory defect that no one at the manufacturer had bothered to inform their clients about. The old thing held on as long as it could, but finally gave out a few months ago. Since then I have only been able to log on every so often from public computer stations and the absolutely existent PMC app (read: bookmark shortcut).

Having finally paid off my debts and built up enough funds to fall back on, I now await the delivery of god-tier components for the construction of my new dream rig. After years of dealing with defective products, I will at last be able to game with stability and join back up with the Minecraft community with more submissions and a new gaming channel in the works.

Times have changed and PMC has taken a few hits, but this place is as strong as ever. With a team of nails-tough mods and hundreds of great writers and skinners, it remains one of my favorite sites of all time. Coming back is likely to be the highlight of my year. Look to the skies, for my ship approaches soon.

Until then, I bid you all a very fond hello.
Bleyd
Level 20 : Expert Pirate