Thedanyman's 3rd Pixel art contest

PixelFury's Avatar PixelFury9/19/13 5:34 pm
1 emeralds 126 2
9/20/2013 4:59 pm
PixelFury's Avatar PixelFury
Hello everyone! Welcome to my 3rd pixel are contest, this contest will be entirely different from the last two I hosted. For starters there will be NO template and NO color palettes that are demanded for use. Instead this time it is your job to create your own color palette. Yup the theme of the contest this time is to "Create your own color palette!"

Your color palette will be judged accordingly by-

-Saturation (light, dark, etc)
-Amount of colors that can make other colors
-How well I can make a sprite using your color palette
-Theme (Retro, scifi, etc)
-How well I can make a tile using your color palette (stone, grass, water, road tiles)
-How well I can make misc sprites I can make

-That is how your color palette will be judged. The rules as of followed below-

RULES:
1. Do not steal or use any other color palette you find on the web! I will count it as stealing!
2. You may only have a max of 30 colors and min of 15
3. You may create a sprite using your own palette to show off an example, however I still have to use your color palette when judging
4. You may (backuped by number 1) may use own color palettes from any video game sprite sheets! I consider that stealing in this contest as well!
5. Have fun!

-Now in terms of prizes...well take a look below!-

Prizes:
1st: 1st place trophy and entire game sprite sheet using you color palette! And diamonds on your work plus a sub and a personal skin using once again your own color palette from me
2nd: 2nd place trophy, some diamonds on your work (about like 5), a sub and a skin from me using your own color palette
3rd: 3rd place trophy, sub and a skin using your own color palette
4th and below: A nice purrty ribbion :3

-I can't wait to see how people do! This contest will last for 3 weeks ending on of course a Thursday. Good luck everyone!
PixelFury
Level 43 : Master Pixel Painter