[ISSUE] I was punished a bit too harshly. any help?

failtolawl's Avatar failtolawl10/14/12 2:40 am
1 emeralds 249 9
10/14/2012 3:52 am
the_soup's Avatar the_soup
So a little bit ago, all of my submissions were removed, and my level was knocked down to 0. All of this was due to one of my submissions, a skin with some skin (like, the actual skin) resembling a skincraft skin. so it was removed for being unoriginal, yadada. So the generic punishment (so I have seen) is to just remove it. that is all.

But, this moderator "the_soup" brought it upon herself to remove everything that I have done, including my server. Not only that, but I can't upload it back for 24 hours. So the right thing to do was to repeal, so I did, I was very mature with my reply. But she has ignored me even though she is online. the only replies I have received are copy-pasted rules. But no reasoning behind everything being reseted.

Can anybody explain the unnecessary harsh punishment?
failtolawl
Level 41 : Master Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

the_soup
10/14/2012 3:52 am
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
*rubs temples*
1. Not immediately responding to your PM does not mean I am ignoring you. I responded to your PM in less than two hours. God forbid I had gone to sleep, or you might have had to wait an entire night.
2. Your skin did not 'resemble the skincraft base', it WAS the skincraft base. It clearly says in the site rules not to use parts from websites like Skincraft, Novaskin, etc.
3. You received a 1 day ban. This is completely normal for people's first offense. You're lucky Trilo did not find your skin first, or he would have given you a week ban. Members are expected to read and understand the rules before uploading submissions, you clearly did not.
4. I did not delete your server. As I explained to you in a PM, it was deleted due to MOTD verification. Before accusing me of acting completely irrationally, you should have at least discussed this with me.
Paril
10/14/2012 3:47 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
The server removal wasn't related. The server was removed by either you, or via MOTD verification, which basically means that somebody who has access to your MOTD was able to verify the server and post it under their account.

Trust me, clearing a profile of non-related submissions for a different "crime" isn't standard, and I don't expect Soup would ever reduce to that. It is standard practice for us to ban for 1 day on first removal, 3 days for second, 1 week for third, etc up until you reach Permanent.

-P
Vrezh
10/14/2012 3:46 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Nether Knight
Locked.
Do not create threads for the sole purpose of complaining about a moderator's actions.
If you believe you were treated unfairly, PM the moderator responsible or another moderator.
+Sheena+
10/14/2012 3:43 am
Level 40 : Master Mage
Uh oh.
PrinterPlayer
10/14/2012 2:53 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Mods in a nutshell.
failtolawl
10/14/2012 2:55 am
I'm not going to go all viva la revolution, I really want to. But honestly everything about this is pissing me off. I just want my server back up is all.
KaiSupremo
10/14/2012 2:48 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
I don't know man, I know the_soup but that has happened to me aswell, they say oh your submission will come back, but it doesn't, I am on failtolawls side of the case.
failtolawl
10/14/2012 2:44 am
can you read a bit more, I did, she is ignoring me. SO I am posting this to get attention from somebody higher up, because the member list is down.

here is what I put after she said the not allowed to put a skin with skincraft stuff
"Fair enough, but how does that submission have to do with my server? Why would that be removed for a skin?"
nothing for 20 minutes, even though she was online.
so I put something more descriptive.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I am paying money for this server to be up, and it was removed on PMC for a reason I still am trying to figure out. I looked at the punishments and all it say is that the SKIN submission will be removed, it goes onto saying if I were to continue doing this, then my upload rights will be revoked. But for some reason, my punishment skipped the "submission will be removed" and moved onto the upload rights removed because of a vague resemblance to default (not added part) hands and cheeks on skincraft. If I could get an answer a bit more personal then copy and pasting rules, then I would understand the reasoning.
Thanks."
Hawkeye Graphics
10/14/2012 2:42 am
Level 28 : Expert Dragonborn
There was obviously something you did that made her delete it. Please PM the_soup and ask for reasons. Do not make a thread to get attention.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome