Is this allowed? (A PMC Submission guideline question)

Frillard's Avatar Frillard1/28/14 10:12 am
1 emeralds 251 6
1/30/2014 2:20 pm
Palaeos's Avatar Palaeos
I really hope this is in the right section, but anyways I have a general question about the PMC submission guidelines for resource packs.
I am in the process of creating an Animal Crossing themed resource pack and I was hoping to modify the disc songs. The songs I wanted to use are electronic tunes (no real lyrics) that the character K.K. Slider "sings". These would take me a while to implement so before I wasted my time I wanted to know if this falls under fair use. The rules uses an example of "popular music" so I just wasn't sure if the PMC guidelines would allow this type of content.

Thanks for the help!
Frillard
Level 26 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Palaeos
01/30/2014 2:20 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
The question is, did you make these songs, or are you simply importing/editing them. If you did not make the song you cannot use it and based on how you described it I would assume you are simply wishing to import/modify them.
GreenTitanLP
01/28/2014 11:16 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
Well, I could tell you for sure but for some reason opening the detailed submission guidelines just redirects me to the PMC home page.
DustyDesigns
01/28/2014 10:58 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Architect
It depends on what kind of license is on the music. If it is Creative Commons or Free to Use and/or modify you CAN use it but you have to credit the original creator.

If it is licenced under another way, it is now allowed and therefor also not allowed to post here.

I think I'm right, correct me if wrong.
Frillard
01/28/2014 10:50 am
Level 26 : Expert Artist
I have seen other packs that used music from videogames in the past, which makes me question whether or not it is allowed. I think the pack will be just as good without the music if I can't use it, but it would make a great atmosphere if I could. Any mods who might be able to give a definative answer?
ASF
01/28/2014 10:22 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
I don't think you can, since you didn't create the music.
minthus
01/28/2014 10:18 am
Level 31 : Artisan Blockhead
i think to be able to do that you must give credit and link to where you are taking the song
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome