Texture pack section filter - 100% complete

Saburo's Avatar Saburo3/21/11 12:21 pm
1 emeralds 324 7
3/21/2011 3:10 pm
dadnkjfsdsdf's Avatar dadnkjfsdsdf
I was just browsing the texture pack section and noticed that the first page was full of texture packs that weren't completed. So I tried to find a filter to set it so it only showed 100% completed ones. I couldn't find one. I think it would be a very useful addition. Please and thanks. ^_^
Saburo
Level 50 : Grandmaster Wizard

Create an account or sign in to comment.

dadnkjfsdsdf
03/21/2011 3:10 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Zombie
Gotcha! (to all points)

I'll adjust mine when I next update (so as not to have a fake update ). Make sense to have this filter IMO. The individual creator can have a description telling what all was included after all.
Zaralith
03/21/2011 2:36 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Ya, I think that would solve the problem. This pack includes everything for version X (with version X being a minecraft client version or something) That would get rid of problems like people never updating their packs or waiting a long time to do so (like the one I have).
Saburo
03/21/2011 2:33 pm
I think the simplest explanation of this problem is, if you have plans, and are working towards getting them done, leave it at less then 100%. If it is complete finished product, or you are lazy and scraped your plans, make it 100%.

Add a question "is it fully functional with current version ###" and a filter. That would solve a lot of confusion too! I just want to know if it has all working textures really.
Cyprezz
03/21/2011 2:11 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Very good question and I'm not sure of the best solution. My own pack is this way. I've finished the terrain but have plans to eventually update the item.png so it's set to 70%. I think the majority of texture packs that are not 100% finished are in fact very usable. In fact, you can't publish a texture pack on the site without including a downloadable file.

I think there is still value in having a way to filter by % complete but it is likely to be misinterpreted a lot. I don't like the idea of multiple % complete bars simply because it will make things overly complex for everyone.

Hmm.
dadnkjfsdsdf
03/21/2011 1:53 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Zombie
My only question here, would be (as a tex pack maker) what should i put as the % then? Both packs are technically 100% done from the original in the terrain, but not in the other areas. But then I might not do anything but the terrain in Stankepack (beyond a few things extra). Mythos will be as far as I can go with it.

This is more of a "what should I do" than a complaint, to be clear. Just wanna know what you guys think the 100% will extend to. Or can there be categories for the %?
Saburo
03/21/2011 2:15 pm
Mostly I want it to see the packs that are actually fully functional. I've used a few with missing textures.

It's really up to you where you want to put your %. If you are all done with it, then obviously put it at 100%. If you did all of the terrain and don't know if you are going to edit the rest of the stuff, I'd still put it at 100% and maybe add a note saying your intentions. If you plan on adding more, then I suggest putting it at less then 100%.
Cyprezz
03/21/2011 12:39 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
I agree, will do for all sections.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome