Support Stampsthumb_up

Larry the Hamster's Avatar Larry the Hamster4/15/24 12:25 am
4/15/2024 5:41 pm
GalaxyCat24's Avatar GalaxyCat24
I've asked this before, but I still don't understand:

WHAT THE HECK IS A SUPPORT STAMP? HOW ARE THEY USED? WHAT ARE THEY FOR? WHERE DO THEY COME FROM?
Larry the Hamster
Level 24 : Expert Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

GalaxyCat24
04/15/2024 5:41 pm
Level 43 : Master Kitten
Literally just an image that says "I support [​user]!" in some way.

People will put support stamps on their own profiles, wall posts, or in blogs. Then, anyone who likes said person can download the pic, and put it on their profile.
Putting another's support stamp on your profile is kinda a fancy way of saying you appreciate them and their content. It's a way of showing you support them.

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, just ask!
ScotsMiser
04/15/2024 2:25 am
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
My understandin [which may not be definitive]:

A support stamp is a graphic that can be added to show ones support for the 'thing' (generally the prerson/PMC member or some more general thing [there are cat support stamps circulating]).
Perhaps as analogy may be drawn to bumperstickers that support various groups or positions. (Although personal support bumperstickers are rare, in my experiance.)

I mostly see support stamps used as part of members' 'home' pages [i.e. h^^ps://mmm.planetminecraft.com/member/<NAME>].

I'm unclear on how frequently support stamps are produced by the actual member (vs. found or 'commissioned'). [Mechanically, nost graphic programs will do the job with GIMP, PS, and Paintnet seeming common choices. ]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome