Skin Popular Reel's New Algorithm... broken?

Cipher_Punk's Avatar Cipher_Punk7/25/11 1:44 pm
1 emeralds 414 4
9/1/2011 11:02 pm
Cipher_Punk's Avatar Cipher_Punk
As much as I enjoy my skins making the popular reel recently, I noticed just now that one of my skins that definitely does NOT deserve to be up there, is up there.

The skin I'm talking about this this one:
The Guy (Disturbed Mascot)

At the time I wrote this, that skin had 20 views and 6 downloads. That is NOT enough that it should have made the reel. It seems even more incredulous that the above skin would make the reel when compared, to this skin, which I completed and posted only a few hours before the one above:

Oblivion Knight in Daedric Armor

At the time of writing this, the Daedric skin has 46 views, 23 downloads, and a favorite. That is more than TWICE the activity of "The Guy" and a time difference in posting of only a few hours.

This disparaging difference is just within my own gallery! Something in the script that determines which skins make the reel is off, and I'm concerned that nice skins are being pushed out through this glitch by less-nice ones (Yes, I am calling my own skin in the reel right now less nice than others). I understand that very few people actually work on this site's coding, but I would like to draw some attention to this issue.
Cipher_Punk
Retired Moderator
Level 80 : Elite Grump