Rules: Reuploading dead content?

Wertologist's Avatar Wertologist1/29/21 9:07 pm history
2/1/2021 2:30 pm
Xener_D's Avatar Xener_D
There was a texture pack I used way back before Minecraft even changed it's texture format to be individual files, but the author hasn't been seen since 2014. They haven't posted anywhere I can see and I've even googled their username to try to find them to contact them. I've even managed to find an email associated with them, but I got a reply from Gmail telling me that the address doesn't exist anymore. I really want to see this pack again and I still have the files and I'd like to see if I can work on it myself, but the original author just seems to have vanished for half a decade without a word.

So I'm wondering what PMC's rules are regarding someone picking up an old project that the original author seemingly abandoned without a word. I've tried very hard to contact the author, but all leads were dead ends. Am I allowed to just upload it and start working on it?

Here is the project and the user:
https://www.planetminecraft.com/texture-pack/-16x-32x-64x-128x181---wind-waker-/
https://www.planetminecraft.com/member/blaziken584/activity/

So 7 years without a word and no way to contact them. Am I allowed to pick the project back up? There's also another different user's project I'd like to also take a look at who also hasn't been seen or heard of in years. Are dead projects ok to pick up?
Wertologist
Level 44 : Master Architect