Redstoners are OPPRESSED on serversmy_location

amateurpainter32's Avatar amateurpainter32 • 10/22/23 5:24 am
5 emeralds 188 2
10/27/2023 6:12 am
ammrweoi's Avatar ammrweoi

So this just makes me mad

Literally, servers have so little support for redstone and technical minecraft in general.

Say, FreshSMP, for example —

They installed some annoying plugin that puts extreme limitations on pulses. Redstone clocks would emit a smoke particle and break down.

Basically, they applied the redstone torch mechanic to every component, which is absolutely sickening and infuriating.

A common problem with servers is dupe prevention.

And I’m not talking about the reasonable fixes — like banning item dupes. They ban TNT duping which was announced by Mojang to be part of the game until a good alternative could be found. I couldn’t make a cobblestone generator after (real life) days of preparation and hours of scavenging for resources on the damn server. I also could not make a trap that I had been designing in single player; it relied on arrow mechanics and the fact that arrows can store velocity of a TNT explosion while they are in a trapdoor. The anti-TNT dupe plugin made it extremely inefficient.

What’s really annoying is how servers focus on PVP and minigames while completely ignoring the technical players. They try to “optimize” the game by running the server on PaperMC or Spigot at the cost of functionality. Both paper and spigot mess up the game mechanics (for example, mobs despawning in midair which breaks mob farms or skipping ticks instead of delaying them which makes piston extenders impossible), they are proven to do more harm than good to the server. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEr1Ebxa7J8&t=179s explanation)

The purpose of redstone is to make useful contraptions that enhance the gameplay, allowing you to farm items in industrial quantities, build superweapons, intricate machinery and overall inspiring creations.

Many servers completely strip redstone of its functionality because their only focus are average players who need nothing more than pvp to enjoy the game.
amateurpainter32
Level 3 : Apprentice Architect