[PMC Documentary - Research C] Influencefavorite_border

Adrestio's Avatar Adrestio6/8/23 10:59 am scheduled history
31 emeralds 652 16
6/10/2023 12:24 am
Adrestio's Avatar Adrestio
-----
CONTEXT:
I am starting the long pre-production research process for a documentary I want to make farther into the future (I have too many projects right now but researching will take a while). I want the PMC Documentary to focus on the culture, impact and community over the years on the site. This research focuses on the whole.
-----

This SHOULD be fairly quick, but if you want to help the production of the possible PMC Documentary just answer the question honestly.
I have hid the answers so that you can answer honestly for the research.

Let me know what you thought interested you the most. Personal anecdotes of what assured you into this community or what kept you interested or is best fitting here.

__RESEARCH QUESTION__
What compels you most when being on the site (submitting, posting wallposts, joining Jams)?
I'm purposely leaving this question vague to see simply what you prioritize more. There is a pattern I have uncovered and want to try and prove my theory.

Admiration/Exposure - The diamonds, networking, and fanbase created around you and your work. Also includes the affirmation that comes with interacting.
Comfort/Assurance - The platform as a familiar territory. LOYALTY to the whole community's open-arms, acceptance, and positive outlook to each other.
Pride & Compassion - The acceptance as a Human, Friend, and Member. The compassion to look out for each other (even if this is 'just a site for MC').
Social Aspects & Friends - The memes, fun, and other interactions you get usually housed in Wallposts and other jams. The friends you make via PMC.
Minecraft/Mutual Fanbase - The agreed collective that Minecraft is a freeing and enjoyable game we can discuss and use as a Medium for creativity.
Fun/Entertainment - Contests and Jams and the friendly competitive nature (the GAME of it all). Also the memes and other quips found here.

Edit: I realize Comfort/Assurance and Pride & Compassion seem similar.
Comfort/Assurance I was thinking more so community while Pride/Compassion is the personal interactions.
Become a member to vote!
Adrestio
Site Moderator
Level 47 : Master Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/10/2023 12:15 am
Level 48 : Master Button Pusher
GlitchWraith
Where's the "I can't draw so I make Minecraft skins instead" option
06/10/2023 12:19 am
Adrestio
It's still a form of art!
(also shoutout to your skins. pop off those are sick)
06/09/2023 9:54 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Procrastinator
Funiverse Minnesota
I mainly was in it for uploading and sharing the things I make as even when I was more active I did not find myself fitting into the community much
06/10/2023 12:24 amhistory
Adrestio
I understand ya. There seems to be a niche that a section of the site is apart of (Even I am not in familiar with that niche). This was what this poll was about actually. To see how much of a majority depends on the site for social reasons.
06/09/2023 6:55 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Witch
Karaoke
A mix between exposure/minecraft fanbase/pride for sure. I love sharing my projects with everyone
06/09/2023 1:38 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Princess
Arianwyn
Social ! Meeting new friends and having fun with them !
06/08/2023 10:44 pm
Level 43 : Master Lemon
CrownDeluxe
wit da crew
06/08/2023 10:06 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2558251
[deleted]
06/08/2023 9:43 pmhistory
Level 58 : Grandmaster Mountaineer
TheMountaineer
Mostly the social part. One of the main reasons I love pmc so much. In my opinion that it what is one of the best things about this site.
06/08/2023 9:25 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
Kind of hard to pick one for me. It is a blend of Comfort/Assurance, Pride & Compassion, and Social Aspects & Friends.

I am compelled to be on the site because I want to give back to the community that has given so much to me over the years.
I am also still on the site due to loyalty to one of the best communities out there, and one of the best moderator teams I have ever seen.

If there was a Loyalty/History option, that would be it for me. Too many good memories and history with the site to let it go lol.
06/08/2023 7:19 pmhistory
Level 51 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
GracieMockingjay
i love my friends, the social part of the site is really important to me
wow hello inner extrovert
06/08/2023 6:37 pm
Level 47 : Master Kitten
cloudkitty
the social community is what I really love about this site
06/08/2023 6:10 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Imposter
_-Zuimba Wields a Blackhole-_
Tbh, I am split even between Admiration, Pride, and Social Aspect.
06/08/2023 4:34 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Loremaster
IGEBM
When I'm on PMC, I don't give a crap how many likes, diamonds, or hearts I get. I just want to have fun with the friends I've made. I never knew this site had a such a great community when I first joined, and then I started interacting with people in October or so and began to meet so many amazing people.
06/08/2023 3:43 pmhistory
Level 53 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Angelonasher
I definitely look forward to/enjoy "admiration/exposure" but if thats all i came for i would have left a long time ago

"comfort/assurance" and "pride & compassion" seem oddly similar in definition, but different aspects of a similar thing, if that makes sense?

"minecraft/mutual fanbase" i didn't have minecraft for a year in this site so couldn't be that

"fun/entertainment" used to do contests for a similar reason but never was really in it for the win

"social aspects & friends" i think is mainly why, at least currently, (especially considering i dont get much outside of my friendgroup otherwise-), because i feel that over my time here the reasons i've stayed/posted have changed. once i was here just to make skins, and posted them because why not. now i think i have somewhat have a place in the community? definitely more than before my break
06/08/2023 1:08 pmhistory
Level 56 : Grandmaster Ranger
PsioPsia001
I can't decide, all are important
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome