Need Suggestions for Improvement Pleaseshop

Guts N Pixels's Avatar Guts N Pixels12/13/23 3:27 pm
12/21/2023 2:47 pm
Guts N Pixels's Avatar Guts N Pixels
Hey PMC, as some of you know I make videos on YouTube, mainly let's plays and animations, but my analytics state that my average view durations are less than a minute! That tells me, that I'm not entertaining enough to keep people watching for more than a minute when my videos range for a decent amount of time up to 15 minutes.

I please need your assistance in identifying what makes you intrigued or not to watch the video, and if you could explain as to why you have the reaction you do!

Poll ended 12/20/2023 3:27 pm.

Guts N Pixels
Level 56 : Grandmaster Collective

Create an account or sign in to comment.

jb1
12/21/2023 10:39 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
Hey
Guts N Pixels
12/21/2023 2:47 pm
Hello...
12/21/2023 9:51 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
Guts N Pixels
12/21/2023 2:46 pm
You are fine, and you could be right. I can't please everyone, it may just not be someone's cup of tea or the right audience hasn't found it yet.

Someone told me I should have fun with it and not worry about much else, so I should probably do that.
BlueBoyBuilds
12/13/2023 10:20 pm
He/Him • Level 50 : Grandmaster Blueberry Architect
Now, for the very first part of the video, it feels a bit too far drawn out, it’s understandable, wanting to have a hook to see what goes on later in the video, but by having that you already reveal what the game is like, therefore the audience looses a bit of interest. The climatic footage of the building with commentary was already enough to gain my attention and want to see what happens next.

Although the moment at 2:10 is meant to be a bit more goofy and lighthearted, the music feels a bit out of place, and continues for a bit too long, and with a sudden cut makes it awkward (the same thing happens in later parts of the video). Once you set the tone, keep the tone, although the changes in energy were nice, the sudden meme sound effects were jarring made it sound forced, overshadowing your funny moments. Your reactions were what made me laugh, not the sounds.

Your commentary was nice, but it felt a little too centered around the game, mostly talking about the vast majority of enemies, talk about what makes you dislike the enemies, do they do anything special? What specifically don’t you like about them? Don’t making it complaining, make it analyzing. Don’t be afraid to branch off of the game as well! Feel free to follow the train of thought that goes through your mind as you play the game. What does this remind you of? What does that remind you of? It adds a layer of authenticity to it.

For the outro, it felt a bit too sudden, try to overcome a task (like the cave of spiders) completely, leaving a satisfying ending for the viewer. They’ll feel more rewarded, and want to watch more of your videos.
If you want to try and play it off as a “to-be-continued” style ending, cut it off at the peak of stress, a moment where you yourself aren’ certain what will happen next. The spider room was a good moment, I feel like you choice the wrong moment. Now that we know what the threat is, we aren’t as curious, bringing it back full circle to the intro.
For the intro we didn’t know what was happening, but knew the threat. And for the end we knew what was happening, and knew the threat. Try to keep it one or the other, and by swapping the scenarios it adds a nice contrast from beginning to end. I know that this kind of stuff is difficult to do unscripted, but try and find those good moments in between gameplay.

Overall a nice video dude! Good luck for future videos, and I hope this helps!
Guts N Pixels
12/13/2023 11:18 pm
Wooh that's a lot to take in, I'll try my best to follow through with these! Thank you!
ScotsMiser
12/13/2023 9:38 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
Firstly, you're doing a specialty map; anyone unfamiliar with the franchise id likely to be lost (assuming they don't bail as soon as this is evident).
[If these are the videos you want to make, that's fine… but you will be limiting yourself to a smaller audience.]
While the 'life choices' crack is assumed to be intended as humor, broader indications of this in your voice would be a good idea…

these points are [largely] specific to the genre video you seem to make and may be ignored if you write me off as not your target demographic [which appears to be very much the case].

these points are generic to MC videos. While they may also be somewhat idiosyncratic [and I expect I am far from alone in holding such opinions], they would apply to any MC video.

Much of the video is too dark to see clearly what is happening. This may be consistent with the mood of the map, but makes watching a chore.

There are also far too many jump cuts, to the point where I have no sense of continuity of your movement through the environment.

Swears are not censored (at least not all of them) case in point ~3m40-3m45.
Not an issue for me, but may well be for others (and i can certainly see blocking the channel for youngsters).
Guts N Pixels
12/13/2023 11:23 pm
Thanks for responding, I plan to branch out from just horror maps alone at some point, more so to set a base.

I'll work on the excessive clipping, work on my vocal tones, probably just eliminate swears in general along with sound effects, I'll see if I can't make it brighter despite the maps requirement settings.
Panda Gocarts3
12/13/2023 5:16 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Pyro
Censoring swear words would allow a broader audience like 10+ rather than 13+ and people who dislike swearing (like me.) Your videos are fantastic though and while the content is gory I think gore is better than swearing (WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??)
Guts N Pixels
12/13/2023 5:17 pm
I do censor them, I use the beeps. Where are you still hearing swears, sound effects?
Panda Gocarts3
12/13/2023 5:24 pm
Ah thats great! back when you did swear I did stop watching your videos because I listened to enough bad language as is and wanted to only listen as necessary
Casvegas
12/13/2023 5:12 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Chef
Ok I watched the video, here is what I think you could improve:

-Talk louder, you sound like you are in trying instead of being confident y'know ?

-You edit too much, if you want your viewers to enjoy the map you have to enjoy It too. No need for editing every moment.

-Talk about you, or for anything ,other than focusing your words on the map all the time, to make It easier for us to engage with your content, you have to sound like you are playing and we are friends at your house watching you playing.

-Make the introduction no more than 10 seconds, but becareful on the introduction. The first 10 seconds are the most imporotant part of your video.

-In your thumbnails, you could use a little more vibrant colors, because your current format makes your videos to drown at the sea of content, make them stand outl

-Lastly, I would suggest you to study your competition, specifically the successful youtubers that are doing what you do or trying to do.

Best wishes!
Guts N Pixels
12/13/2023 5:18 pm
Thanks for responding with actual supportive suggestions! I'll see what I can do.
ZY7
12/13/2023 4:57 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Ranger
I think the intro should be a bit shorter, viewers tend to prefer 30 seconds of a intro rather than a minute long one.

other than that I think your video is very enjoyable. :D
Guts N Pixels
12/13/2023 5:11 pm
Thanks, for the feedback, I'll take care of that. 👍
Team UNNAMED
12/13/2023 4:45 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Creeper
history
nobody caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares

I know, just do epic challenges and do s***ty cringe kids content like Cocomelon and Babybus
Guts N Pixels
12/13/2023 5:14 pm
Then why comment if you don't care?

Speak before you answer and be careful who you speak to, I did not ask for your negativity, I asked for your suggestion on improvement.

If you don't have one, then move on. Simple. 👍
Team UNNAMED
12/13/2023 5:20 pm
I did, do epic challenges and funny kids content like Cocomelon and stuff
Guts N Pixels
12/13/2023 5:31 pm
Not the criteria I work with, why I posted a video for evaluation that way people such as yourself can bash on it as much as you want, long as it is productive and tells me where I need to improve.

I'm assuming you're the one who voted everything so I will take that as productive advice. Thanks.
Panda Gocarts3
12/13/2023 5:14 pm
that is only the stupidest opinion I have ever heard.

sees who posted it*

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight its you...
Team UNNAMED
12/13/2023 5:19 pm
YOUUUUU...
Panda Gocarts3
12/13/2023 5:24 pm
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com