Mobile site version?

xJesterJoex's Avatar xJesterJoex10/30/11 8:21 pm
11/1/2011 4:16 pm
Slub77's Avatar Slub77
Ok...ive been on pmc in the past couple of days using my ipod touch.The typing is okay, its just the navigating thats hard. I really think we should have a mobile version of the site , maybe even an app? Im just thinking ... i'd happily pay £2 for it.(btw im using my ipod to write this , thats why theres hardly any punctuation.)
xJesterJoex
Level 28 : Expert Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Slub77
11/01/2011 4:16 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Ranger
Creating a mobile site should not be that difficult at all as it's only effecting the front end and not the actual server side other then request detection which can be done via JavaScript to re-direct you to the appropriate location.

The front page it self could be built like an app, with several buttons linked the the main parts of the site site via the main headings.

Each section in terns should be relatively simple to then convert in to a different style for example the server one can be done by simply listing the servers in a simpler list, and then the page it self showing the main details with optional thumbils for the images etc

The skin section can be done in almost the same way, even the animation of skins can be achieved on a mobile device but that can be an optional display to reduce page lag

The forum and blogs are probably the easiest to do as all that would include is reducing the width of the tables and limiting images in forum posts to a [show img] to reduce page loading, and not having a quick reply, and if so a more basic one.

After all put it this way, Look at the site right now, now take away the top part the banner/links to main sections. now take away recent 20 posts. Now take away the footer and you are left with the essentials for what you are looking a right now aka, the fourm directory, the posts, the quick reply and a home button.
Charlizard
10/31/2011 11:31 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
panhead86
10/31/2011 11:29 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Musician
But you know, a $2 app would increase profit... And with the massive community we have here, I'm sure someone would design an app (iOS hopefully?) for a low price. Just sayin'. I know I'd pay a good bit to have a nicely designed PMC app on my iPhone!
Keith-Driscoll
10/31/2011 11:22 am
Level 27 : Expert Architect
Pay ... with what money? Running PMC already costs Cyprezz money and hes loosing money not gaining any , from what I heard.
Charlizard
10/31/2011 11:25 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
He gains money from the ads.
This has been asked several times,even by me,and the answer is not likely.
Keith-Driscoll
10/31/2011 5:59 am
Level 27 : Expert Architect
Not a bad Idea, It'd be too hard to do I think or else it would take up a lot of time as Cyprezz would have to change a lot of code or infact make a totally different version of PMC if you want it to work on mobiles as well you're better off trying to PM him and wait for a reply, if any.
xJesterJoex
10/31/2011 6:41 am
Mhm....I hoped some kind of mod/admin would look at this , as it's in the site improvement section.If anything, an pmcc app maker could be given permission to do it , and he could obviously get paid.I don't think it's that much hassle.
xJesterJoex
10/31/2011 5:24 am
Bump?
tyman231
10/30/2011 8:23 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Modder
Sounds good. I wish I new how to make mobile sites.
xJesterJoex
10/30/2011 8:29 pm
:-l yet you've made an absolutely epic mod
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome