LOGIN troubles: anyone else seeing this? [Seeking work-around / kluge]accessible

ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser4/12/24 1:29 am history
4/14/2024 2:36 am
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
Recently it has been taking many tries (sometimes spread over half an hour or more) and multiple clearing of history/cache to log-in.
(Failed to validate your humanity message.)

This is despite copy/pasting the email and password (assuring their correctness) [​The same issue occurs if the info is hand typed, so the copy paste is not at issue…]

Previously this only occurred on the first attempt (i.e. previously, it was necessary to fail one login attempt before the proper information would be accepted).

While there may be moves afoot to remedy this situation from the side of the site,

I would be MOST interested if anyone has found a reliable work-around in the meanwhile…

[​Staying permanently logged in and 'just keep trying' do not count as viable answers]
ScotsMiser
Level 37 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/12/2024 9:29 pm
Level 42 : Master Skinner
The Last Kirbalorian
Not sure if this would help but when it happens to me I usually move my mouse around randomly before pressing the login button, because that's one way it detects if you are human (Not 100% sure though) by seeing if your mouse moves perfectly straight. I doubt this was helpful but just wanted to see if this helps
04/13/2024 3:08 am
ScotsMiser
Any port in a storm…

THX will see if that helps…
04/12/2024 1:13 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Mlem Mlem Bat
SatoshiHikari
for me it seems to always be chrome based browsers that do this to me while anything firefox based never has this problem
04/12/2024 9:17 pm
ScotsMiser
Actually using Firefox (because of problems with Brave)
04/12/2024 1:06 pm
Level 29 : Expert Cookie
sniffercraft34
Why don't you just save your passwords?
04/12/2024 9:21 pm
ScotsMiser
Not clear what you mean, but I'm very disinclined to keep a record of account ifo anywhere on the net.

Copy/paste for me means typing and proofing the email and password in a word processing document, then using that as the source to avoid typos.
04/13/2024 4:47 am
Level 29 : Expert Cookie
sniffercraft34
Maybe use a password manager?
04/14/2024 2:36 am
ScotsMiser
Aside from the security risks, I doubt that would help as the issue is not with sending the email and password but with the site [​or the site's verification software] incorrectly refusing….

Given that it does work on occasion [​e.g. just now] the problem is clearly not with the password/email but the 'verification' software.

THX for the ideas in any case.
04/12/2024 12:07 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Scribe
Escapazition
This does happen to me sometimes. I think there’s a second site that checks to see if you “verified your humanity”.
I’ll log out and try different things.
04/12/2024 12:28 pmhistory
Level 16 : Journeyman Scribe
Escapazition
So when I tried it, I got the message the first time, but never again. No matter what I did, I couldn’t get the message again. So instead, I started looking into the “second site” I was talking about.

The software that checks your humanity is REcaptcha. What it does is watch what you do when you sign in and determines whether or not you are a bot. So it sounds like there’s something about your device that causes REcaptcha is mistake you for a bot. The best thing to do would be to switch browsers or devices to see if that helps.
04/12/2024 2:33 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Warrior
Pangin11
lol never happened to me! I use edge
04/12/2024 1:35 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc4226404
[deleted]
04/12/2024 1:52 am
ScotsMiser
No google account: I object to their 'privacy' concept, but thanks for the recommendation.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome