A little idea.

Clui's Avatar Clui2/23/12 6:10 pm
2/24/2012 1:31 pm
ieatzyourface's Avatar ieatzyourface
There are too many unworthy projects/skins and tps these days, So maybe if we had a reviewing part where if a submission gets enough views and diamonds, it can pass into the associated department, if not then it gets deleted. I really don't like seeing a load of cubic wood houses and skins with solid coulours and no shading.
Clui
Level 20 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ieatzyourface
02/24/2012 1:31 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
I see where this idea is going, but people do try, I admit that things like empty wooden plank homes, skins that dont appear to have any effort, and mods that do absolutley nothing, are annoying to see. BUT PMC is about peopel sharing their things, wether it is expertly made or made a by a noob player only two days into playing minecraft.
Animatrix
02/24/2012 1:25 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Everyone starts somewhere. I disagree as people learn that a recoulored steve will get no views, and a well thought out skin will. Putting people down for being new and inexperienced just kills their desire to get better.

Also, Mods, Read my desc. It clears up my ban, so don't insta-banhammer me.
intheannexe
02/24/2012 1:21 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Archer
I kind of agree and disagree with this idea. For example as a criticism, some of my skins take a while to get a lot of views, and I hardly ever get comments on my stuff. This would mean that a lot of my skins would probably get deleted over some of the other stuff. But there are too many, way-too-simple skins that haven't had effort put into them, proving this could be a fairly good system.

I also recall you saying that levels won't affect how many views someone will get, but this is, to put it simply, false. If someone makes good quality skins, they will get more views, the views adding up to experience, which then increases the level. The level thus becomes higher as they become more popular, increasing the amount of views they will gain. Simple 'Cause and Effect'.

Also, my own contribution to the 'Ideas' pile, I think maybe a section for simple and shaded skins, because to be honest, my style of skin isn't too shaded but I do put some in. This would probably even out the skin ratios, because it would mean people could assess their own skin and then post it in either section.
RageKing
02/24/2012 1:10 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Cake
CluiThere are too many unworthy projects/skins and tps these days, So maybe if we had a reviewing part where if a submission gets enough views and diamonds, it can pass into the associated department, if not then it gets deleted. I really don't like seeing a load of cubic wood houses and skins with solid coulours and no shading.

i know what your getting at, but all those little projects and skins rub off on some people and they make that into epic projects, mabey a small house with vines on it looks like shit, but someone takes that idea and makes an epic mansion with vines on it. it also wouldnt be fair.
tja22
02/24/2012 12:57 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Cake
You can make good but different skins without shading. The importent is taht you've made it by yourself.
Not that it looks good.
BeystormSoul1
02/24/2012 12:47 pm
Level 47 : Master Architect
And before I forget, Minecraft is about being Creative, mining and then sharing your Ideas. If you use Minecraft to get popular, then you should think about how Minecraft fansput a lot of Effort in our Projects........
BeystormSoul1
02/24/2012 12:43 pm
Level 47 : Master Architect
I think everyone has the right to upload their projects, everyone has a different opinion. Just because other people are better, this does not mean their projects, etc. should be deleted. The peoples can learn to make it better next time..... so. Unless it is spam, projects should not be deleted.
Strikerjacob
02/24/2012 12:31 pm
Level 40 : Master Unicorn
[expert etc.[/quote]
Someone's level doesn't affect their skill or views they will get, If they are a noob then they will have to wait untill they are worthy to post.[/quote]
Thats just really stupid because there could easily be two sections for good and bag and plus people are learning to make things such as skins and like to show it off and get feedback and Planetminecraft is one of the best things for that.[/quote]
Read the first post. I said there would be a reviewing place where people could comment on your work. And if it gets into the main sections, it depends on how many views it gets[/quote]
I did, plus your idea is very stupid, go and make a website and do that crappy idea, I already thought of a name "The skinning website for experts only!"
BlackFTW
02/24/2012 12:30 am
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
I think it's only fair to have people upload well... Uh... Not good stuff if they at least try.
Palaeos
02/24/2012 12:35 am
He/Him • Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle Paladin
I try , that and when I feel some of my skins look like complete and utter crap next to the rest of mine I remove them. Not that anyone else has to do it but that's what I do as I improve.

Big difference between a bad skin that someone tried on and a bad skin they didn't usually you can tell with it. Either way its not against the rules though unless it's clearly spam.
MultiMan
02/23/2012 6:33 pm
Level 1 : New Fisherman
Planetminecraft is a minecraft community not a community for just the best players
Palaeos
02/24/2012 12:13 am
He/Him • Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle Paladin
^This, I make skins, I realize they aren't the greatest but that doesn't mean I shouldn't make them.
brandman
02/23/2012 6:28 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
jackattack4000I can't shade

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/154 ... your-skin/

Here you go.
Nox Aeterna
02/23/2012 6:26 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Blob
jackattack4000
I can't shade but seriously it wouldn't be fair. Plus this website is for posting your stuff. Not getting criticized.

^This
jackattack4000
02/23/2012 6:23 pm
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
brandman
jackattack4000I think this isn't fair. Some people can't shade on skins, it doesn't mean they should have it deleted.

Yes it does. They need to learn.

CLEANSE THE IMPURE FROM PMC!!! INFIDELS SHALL BE PURGED! FOR CYPREZZ!

lol

I can't shade but seriously it wouldn't be fair. Plus this website is for posting your stuff. Not getting criticized.
jackattack4000
02/23/2012 6:19 pm
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
I think this isn't fair. Some people can't shade on skins, it doesn't mean they should have it deleted.
Clui
02/23/2012 6:24 pm
Shading is one of the most important things in skinning, if you cant shade then learn how to, or just move to projects, blogs or mods
brandman
02/23/2012 6:26 pm
Pretty spot on.

And if this ends up on his bucket list, trust me, it will be at the very, very bottom of the pail.
Ifunny es funny
02/23/2012 6:23 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Agree completely!
brandman
02/23/2012 6:22 pm
Yes they do. They need to learn.

CLEANSE THE IMPURE FROM PMC!!! INFIDELS SHALL BE PURGED! FOR CYPREZZ!

lol
rishab1234
02/23/2012 6:21 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Ninja
Yeah I like simple skins I think shaded skins arent that good it depends on people
brandman
02/23/2012 6:18 pm
It works quite well on newgrounds. I could see this, but it would require a major overhaul of the site, to something you may not recognize. And plus Cyprezz has better things to fix, and by better I mean smaller and more manageable.
Clui
02/23/2012 6:21 pm
Ok, just an idea to put to the list, and we iz talking about the idea, not whether its manageable or not
Strikerjacob
02/23/2012 6:15 pm
Maybe keep the department and just don't delete the submissions, because everyone starts out bad at something but they work for it so they could have ranks, novice and apprentice and expert etc.
Clui
02/23/2012 6:18 pm
Someone's level doesn't affect their skill or views they will get, If they are a noob then they will have to wait untill they are worthy to post.
Strikerjacob
02/24/2012 12:34 am
Thats just really stupid because there could easily be two sections for good and bag and plus people are learning to make things such as skins and like to show it off and get feedback and Planetminecraft is one of the best things for that.
Clui
02/24/2012 4:26 am
Read the first post. I said there would be a reviewing place where people could comment on your work. And if it gets into the main sections, it depends on how many views it gets
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome