Formula for popular entries

Letiliel's Avatar Letiliel5/14/11 4:54 pm
1 emeralds 529 7
6/20/2011 12:38 am
Zaralith's Avatar Zaralith
It seems that the popularity is almost entirely based on the number of views, while I think the number of downloads is much more important. You can indeed very easily attract a lot of views by putting a nice first image, but attracting downloads requires a lot more proof of quality from the author.
It would also help recently updated entries to get some highlight, which is desirable I think.
And It would prevent such entries to become one of the 8 most popular texture packs of the day, like it did today even though it has no description, no download, no screenshots and a negative score.
Letiliel
Level 88 : Elite Farmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Zaralith
06/20/2011 12:38 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Note to self, Move this thread when the site discussion section is added, if ever, and delete this post.
Another note to self, suggests site discussion section.
Smink
05/16/2011 8:37 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Pegasus
Oh ive never heard of rededit and stuff like that :O but yeah the 256 x 256 texture pack has really brought ALOT of new users to this site which is great
Boomer
05/16/2011 4:22 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
What about just having a little graphical representation of the like for the item in question based over time somewhere near the top of the page....
Zaralith
05/15/2011 4:23 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Another thing that adds to the number of views is that texture packs also usually are posted about on places like Reddit and the official forums and places like Youtube when famous people use them in their videos and link them.
Smink
05/14/2011 7:56 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Pegasus
Yeah, texture packs have an outrageous number of views
Letiliel
05/14/2011 8:17 pm
Level 88 : Elite Farmer
They are what interests the most people. (I think.) It doesn't have to do with the featured image, which can be as appealing for projects, servers and whatnot.
Boomer
05/14/2011 5:33 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
True, but really unreleased packs shouldn't really show up on the main page right, I mean they truthfully shouldn't show up unless you use the filter to look for them...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome