----

munchiesyum's Avatar munchiesyum8/15/13 9:23 am history
8/16/2013 9:32 am
munchiesyum's Avatar munchiesyum
munchiesyum
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Teddy
08/16/2013 9:21 am
Level 70 : Legendary Skinner
The only way this would work is if we had a separate level for the forums. But we'd then obviously get all of the spam that we do on the site. Then we'd need a 50+ team of Forum Moderators to forever slave away as it is much more easier to create/spam a thread compared to stealing a submission.
munchiesyum
08/16/2013 9:32 am
Yeah you sound correct but in this process that was one of the ideas I thought we could could put into effect. Thanks for your input Teddy <3 seems like most peoples input goes your way.
Woodstockk
08/16/2013 9:14 am
Level 42 : Master uwu
level 50 from saying 'i agree'.
Hell no.
IDKCharlie
08/15/2013 6:46 pm
Level 25 : Expert Archer
Terrible, awful idea. This will cause completely pointless forums (we already have some of these, but we'd have a lot more if exp was gained from it). Also will cause more people to spam.
munchiesyum
08/16/2013 8:37 am
]

yeah it would make a forum mod job a lot harder
munchiesyum
08/15/2013 6:19 pm
Man you guys are all right. It would be too much work to stop all those troll. Dang internet.

marrioman13Somewhat along these lines, a 'Sub to thread button' and all quotes of your messages lead to a message in your inbox, so you don't miss stuff in the forums?

I would love one of these. For people like me who have created groups in the forum to monitor them this would be extremely useful. Or if I found one I like it would be good too. This one might be a good idea !
crazyeagle
08/15/2013 6:07 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Bunny
Seems like a good idea and this is not the first time ive heard this. But i agree with the posters that said in practice it would not work. Spam would become a huge problem.
marrioman13
08/15/2013 5:20 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer
Somewhat along these lines, a 'Sub to thread button' and all quotes of your messages lead to a message in your inbox, so you don't miss stuff in the forums?
awesomedude1226
08/15/2013 5:14 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragon
No.

People would just spam messages and ask their friends to quote them. Just watch it happen.
munchiesyum
08/15/2013 1:56 pm
give thanks button...that could work as long as the users or recievers profit by it no way
ChaosExpert
08/15/2013 1:54 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
We need a "Give Thanks" button...
sen2311
08/15/2013 1:52 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Taco
Seems legit, just people will spam the forums, so we'd have to put a restriction in place.
Sungwonc01
08/15/2013 1:47 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Skinner
Hmmmmmmm.
Sungwonc01
08/15/2013 1:44 pm
Well crap then I will never get past level one.
Mgreat
08/15/2013 1:45 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Taco
Well, people who give back to the community, by making content get higher levels. If your good at typing, you could always make a blog.
Mgreat
08/15/2013 1:41 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Taco
Although it's an interesting idea, it will cause people to spam the forums (which has already been said). I think the current system in place is just fine, that way, people who work really hard, on texture packs, maps, skins, etc. are rewarded for it. And it helps keep the forums relaxed.
Sungwonc01
08/15/2013 10:37 am
So uh how do levels work NOW?
munchiesyum
08/15/2013 11:22 am
you post stuff people comment sub view and diamond and you get exp. Then you level up !
BrotherSunset
08/15/2013 10:00 am
Level 20 : Expert Artist
Yeah. That's a great idea! Lets just reward every single insolent nitwit who posts things like "bump" or "first" or things like "yur s0 bad kil yerself" on every forum post that they can so they can go and get off telling their friends that they're level 60+. If there was a balancing factor like a positive vote rating or a way to mark the best response like yahoo does (voted best answer) and the best responder gets like 10xp, then by all means, sure. But not just for creating posts and just commenting.
Zedeik
08/15/2013 10:10 am
Level 22 : Expert Spelunker
This. This right here. That's why i'm agreeing with OP's idea.
I wanted to upvote that post so bad..

-On topic now:
Maybe a bit like Diamonds? One can only vote once. I don't know if there is a limit of forums posts in a day, but, it could be a possibility.
Limit Thread Creating to one or two a day..
Posts limit, though, would be a pain for the posters, like those who do a lot of RP.
Maybe then, limit number of posts per hour? One or two. Can still allow some kind of spam though..

I'm pretty good at finding ideas, finding additional correction to them is not my forte.
Charlizard
08/15/2013 9:53 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Posts = EXP is an idea that is suggested every single week and is dismissed every single week.

Someone could easily spam useless posts such as 'I agree' and get XP. Someone could get XP for simply bumping their thread. Someone could get a lot of levels merely because they RP a lot.

If this was to happen, it'd have to have VERY strict guidelines. This is why it won't happen as it's pointless writing up several pages full of rules for forum XP and restricting members even more when 90% of members won't even read it - let alone obey it.
Kettle
08/15/2013 5:46 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Archer
So then can't it be if you just post some feedback on how to help someone and then if people upvote that gives you xp?
munchiesyum
08/15/2013 9:47 am
Thanks pokemonboy! If you my other friend go make a petition and slap a link here on this post I will sign it!
PizzaPenguin_
08/15/2013 9:46 am
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
Well, if you find a way to almost completely prevent exp4exp or whatever, then I'm in.
Poke
08/15/2013 9:40 am
Level 35 : Artisan Loremaster
Crayonization
munchiesyum-snip-

YOU MEAN THE IDEA I HAD SO LONG AGO ON MINECRAFT FORUMS COPYER

I'm fairly sure many people have had the same idea, even before you.
munchiesyum
08/15/2013 9:37 am
Crayon I'm sorry I never saw that post. Yeah guy Neo is right there it could encourage spam but that's why it might be good to have the upvote instead of quote exp.. Also the upvotee could be limited to once a day then people would be even less likely to mess everything up and if they did use it for their own gain they would tiny exp. and lots of guilt
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
08/15/2013 9:40 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Sold! I'm down, now where's the petition at? Haha xD
PizzaPenguin_
08/15/2013 9:29 am
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
This would encourage spam, bumping too much, etc. Also a friend could just quote said person and then vice versa until they all get a lot of xp. The concept is good, getting xp from the forums. But in practice, I don't think it would work too well.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
08/15/2013 9:28 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
I like the idea a lot! I believe a possbile vote system, say you post a question like how do I install a mod? Then someone replies with the answer and it helps you, you can upvote the helpers post and they get exp for solvig it and helping you. Although, sounds silly but people would probably boost exp off each other if it ever happened. Kind of like how people 'Sub4Sub' on youtube but with exp.
Ecolo
08/15/2013 9:24 am
Level 28 : Expert Ninja
munchiesyum-snip-

YOU MEAN THE IDEA I HAD SO LONG AGO ON MINECRAFT FORUMS COPYER
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome