Mc 1.5 and Most popular texture pack list

bohtauri's Avatar bohtauri3/4/13 9:09 pm
1 emeralds 959 5
3/5/2013 8:01 pm
bohtauri's Avatar bohtauri
I propose an idea to reset the texture pack most popular list and only those that are updated to the new 1.5 format can be on it.

This will clear out some of the heavily outdated texture packs and allow new ones with merit to have their chance in the limelight.

Users will also know that all packs that are on it will be updated for the big changes in 1.5
bohtauri
Level 82 : Elite Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

bohtauri
03/05/2013 8:01 pm
Level 82 : Elite Architect
i never said anything about removing, flagging or deleting content off PMC. all the most popular list would require is a filter to only include 1.5+ content which is a field chosen when editing the texture pack profile.

This would only require maybe 3-5 minutes of code work to make it happen. Players will still be able to search older packs and any the are kept up to date will quickly return to their spot and probably higher up when they update the field in the texture pack profile to 1.5
the_soup
03/05/2013 1:58 am
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
No, we would not consider packs that are not 1.5 to be 'unfinished'. For something to be removed for being unfinished means that it has very little progress (generally under 50%) and the owner shows no signs of wanting to continue it. We would not delete a pack because it just hasn't been updated to the latest version of MC. Additionally, Dinnerbone has confirmed that Mojang will be releasing a thing that will convert pre 1.5 TPs to the new format, so it would be easy to use a pre 1.5 pack with the new MC version.

As for default searches, we already have a search filter that is based on Minecraft version, so there's no reason one couldn't use that.
Falconblade99
03/05/2013 1:44 am
Level 31 : Artisan Architect
Why not just have PMC default to search for 1.5+ only packs when you press 'most popular' or 'most viewed'?
That way you can still search for packs from any version if you want to look at most popular of all time, while players being able to see the best up to date packs.
glaava
03/05/2013 1:11 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
Sadly..No one can beat LB photo realism xD
awesomedude1226
03/05/2013 12:24 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragon
Can't you report packs like that...?

I would clarify with a moderator, but I believe you could report it under "Unfinished" because if you have a 1.1 texture pack it would be unfinished with the new updates making the progress bar a lie if it was 100% complete...

I do think this would help PMC, but if it was considered I think it would go pretty low on the list of "to do's"...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome