Is my server biased against religion?

1Game1Chance's Avatar 1Game1Chance8/18/14 1:44 am
8/21/2014 8:22 pm
1Game1Chance's Avatar 1Game1Chance
Hi, I run a RPG server with a full set of scripted quests etc. One of the questslines is called a Test of Faith, and essentially revolves around performing a series of tasks for a corrupt Imam ( Islamic priest ) until being asked to choose to either follow the Imams orders or follow your own conscience and disobey him.

Furthermore, following his orders gives you one class ( Destroyer class, moves include explode on death passive, pain spell, purge spell, summon block of TNT ) and disobeying him and following your conscience gives you the Redeemer class ( heal self, heal other target, cleanse from plague, armor )

I would love an older or more mature gamer or two to push through the questline and tell me if they think I have stepped over the line with it Feedback definitely welcome!

server details are mc.1game1chance.com.au
Website is 1g1c.com.au
1Game1Chance
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

1Game1Chance
08/21/2014 8:22 pm
@Tjtheunicorn11 - Have you actually done the quest? If yes which parts offended?

@Arty Im not against people playing the server, but the point of this thread is to ask people that have actually done the quest to comment on it fairly and encourage others to give me their feedback having completed it. People that comment on a scripted questline they have not seen are boneheads and your comments on this too are useless to the point of generalisation, you ASSUME this is a dig at Islam without even having gone through it. What you are doing is commenting on a book you read the blurb on...So your feedback is unwelcome here.

To date we have had 36 positive comments and only 1 negative one from people that actually have completed the questline, so I guess it cannot be that bad.
Tjtheunicorn11
08/20/2014 2:50 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
With especially whats happeneing right now with the Islamic State and U.S.A, this is a hard one for me WAAAY over the line. Offended me greatly
1Game1Chance
08/19/2014 8:52 pm
It is version 1.79
IP address is mc.1game1chance.com.au

There people on it all night etc, so check you have the right version etc?
DatFox
08/19/2014 5:30 am
Level 36 : Artisan Ninja
don't work stil lbor
1Game1Chance
08/19/2014 5:24 am
I did have one very religious person say that you shouldnt use any Islamic references. I think he was being too sensitive. If this were any other religion it would not be an issue, the quest does not defame the Islamic faith, rather it is a dig at people using Gods name to further their own aims...But I guess you cannot please everyone!
sotupark
08/18/2014 11:11 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Did someone actually complain about the religious aspect of the questline? Or you just wanted feedback to make sure it didnt offend anyone?
1Game1Chance
08/18/2014 9:19 pm
@TeamCraft-Robbie Yes, there IS a need! It is a little like saying here is my opinion on a book I have not read which is basically what I am asking! So please...no comments unless you have at least taken a look.

@KingFanta Appreciate the feedback! I see you have finished the first quest ( I think there are 6 ) let me know how you progress and whether you think the last quest is fair when you get there
KingFanta
08/18/2014 9:09 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Hi, I'm a Pakistani American Muslim. I played your Imam quest. It's not racist at all, it's actually hilarious and entertaining. I love the political references, it just makes it more entertaining. There needs to be more stuff out there like it. The idea that it's racist becomes absurd once you actually play it.

Keep up the good work!

- Fanta
Jaxtrm_
08/20/2014 12:08 am
Level 24 : Expert Taco
I like you. I like what you wrote, and I trust you, since others who have actually played this seem to have a similar reaction that it just sounds bad on paper. Between being busy with things such as school and just not being a fan of roleplay/quest servers, I'm probably not going to play though the quest myself. But I'm glad someone like you was able to give a good* review on it.

*and by good review I mean comprehensive, thought out, and direct review.
TeamCraft-Robbie
08/18/2014 8:29 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
To be honest with you, involving a specific religion into the quest line will bring up conflict in almost any situation, that's just how people react. However I suggest, in order to play it safe, simply use a fictional religion and the problem will be solved. I did not read the story but is there really a need? If anyone thinks its wrong to say this, let me know.
1Game1Chance
08/18/2014 7:51 pm
@Jaxtrm and Captain Waterfall The players have a choice. They can actually go and do the evil deeds or not do the evil deeds... and they get those abilities AFTER they commit that choice ( if they do evil deeds, they get those evil abilities )...I guess the point of the quest is to show them what they become if commit evil deeds...If they do not do evil deeds or renounce them, they get healer special abilities...This is basically why Ive said please dont comment unless you have done the actual questline -_-

@sotupark 10 now have completed it so far.
sotupark
08/18/2014 5:58 pm
How many people have finished the Destroyer / Redeemer questline? Have not seen many people pick either of these classes...only like 4 or 5? Most seem to want to go Rogue or Archaeologist?
1Game1Chance
08/18/2014 5:46 am
What is lp?
if you mean IP ( instead of the LP I had assumed ) it is up, mc.1game1chance.com.au

If you cant get at it via that let me know ill give you the actual IP address.
_aliflo_
08/18/2014 5:38 am
Ip doesn't work.
1Game1Chance
08/18/2014 5:27 am
Ok, so douche post hijacker aside, Im really interested in seeing peoples feedback on the Test of Faith questline
1Game1Chance
08/18/2014 5:16 am
Thanks sotupark, feedback is definitely appreciated. Anyone else that has completed it want to weigh in? Have I slammed religion too much in this questline? Or not enough?
sotupark
08/18/2014 5:14 am
I have finished the questline you mention, here is my feedback...

I am not real sure if its inappropriate or not...but I will say it really gets you to think about it a lot doesnt it! Its an interesting take on the Israeli situation at the moment...Im not Jewish or Islamic tho...be interesting to see what someone that is either Islamic or Jewish thinks of it!
1Game1Chance
08/18/2014 5:03 am
I guess I want to see if people got the intended angle of the questline...or found it offensive...For anyone that has completed it, thoughts please?
1Game1Chance
08/18/2014 4:56 am
Have either of you actually completed the questline? Seen the dialogue or missions?

If you have not, then maybe dont offer feedback until you have if possible!

If you have, tell me did you think the mission or the questline was fair?
Arty
08/20/2014 3:07 am
Level 22 : Expert Grump
You're trying to get people to play on your server, it's obvious. And despite whether they have played the quest or not, both of the people who commented had very valid points. You don't need to play a quest to see that having terrorist associated skills given for following an Islamic priest and 'savior' skills given to disobeying him is extremely harmful.
You gave a description of the storyline, and they gave the feedback that you asked for.
SkyGeckoMC
08/18/2014 4:46 am
Level 33 : Artisan Wolf Whisperer
I'm not offended by it, as I know the context it's in, although I agree with Playful in that you should make a religion that is completely fictional.
Playful
08/18/2014 3:21 am
Level 22 : Expert Lumberjack
Yeah, definitely over the line. This kind of behavior, in game or anywhere, enforces negative stereotypes and mocks very series issues at play in the world today and should never be encouraged.

If you were to maybe not base such quest-lines on actual religions and instead make up your own sort of organization that the priest represents, then that would add to the originality of your server as well as prevent such insensitivity. Or just scrap the idea completely since terrorism isn't the most light of subjects.
Jaxtrm_
08/18/2014 3:11 am
Level 24 : Expert Taco
Uuh, wow, okay, so there's an Islamic person and their abilities revolve around acts of terrorism... Not insensitive at all!

Yeah, this is a bit much... It is indeed quite anti-Islam.
Marthellio
08/18/2014 6:04 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Amen
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome