CraftZ, A 1:1 scale zombie map [SERIOUS BUILDERS ONLY]

Reec3ty's Avatar Reec3ty1/3/13 9:13 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 12
1/4/2013 8:50 am
minecraftbuld's Avatar minecraftbuld

Creeping to a server near you...

Follow me on twitter! @Reec3ty (Retweet #CraftZ to help me out!)

Official CraftZ public discussion: Woo, reddit!

Applications are open! Refer to the bottom paragraph AFTER reading the entire thread

Why hello, fellow WarZ enthusiasts and the curious. Welcome to one of the largest projects undertaken by myself. The WarZ map of Colorado, put into Minecraft on a 1:1 scale (That's 5000x5000 blocks!). Prepare your eyes for the most epic zombie map ever witnessed!

This map is dedicated in creating a replica 1:1 version of WarZ's Colorado in Minecraft. The purpose is to fulfil players into enjoying a Minecraft-like experience for those looking for a new way to play, or those that cannot afford the official game.

The finished map with buildings and loot will be ported onto a server in early 2013. Closed beta will start during that time period for two weeks, which then will be released to the public. Closed Beta details will be coming soon.

To learn more about the official game, click here to visit their website.

Screenshots so far

Click to reveal

Timeline of Events

Late November/Early December - Terraform map [x]

December - Consistent building of towns/cities [In Progress] 15% complete

January - Finish up building final areas [ ]

Early February - Set up server with set plugins for Closed Beta for a week [ ]

Late February - Open the CraftZ server to the public [ ]

February to 2013 - Add new features, fix bugs, add ranks/currency (purchasable with real money) and more! [ ]

F.A.Q.

I'll gladly answer any questions you may have that aren't listed below!

Click to reveal
"What is CraftZ? It sounds similar to MineZ."

Well good sir/madam, you are correct. CraftZ is a server mod similar to MineZ, but tailored to the gameplay variances of The WarZ. Death is more lenient, melee weapons and guns are more different (with statistics and enchantments) and several other awesome features. The official server name will be CraftZ, and will host various plugins for a unique experience.

"Cool! Can I help build/join?"

Unfortunately not at this moment as the map/server are still in an Alpha stage, and we have several good builders already. Alpha pretty much means that development of buildings and loot hotspots are taking place. After Alpha, we plan on creating a closed beta where 100-200 testers will have the chance to play upon the dev server, and give feedback. Over that fortnight, we will collect data and change any issues or bugs. After that, the open beta will start. Once we are happy with the plugins and gameplay balance, the server will fully launch, which includes options to purchase items and whatnot if you wish.

"Oh, okay. How did you create the map?"

The map was created through a freeware tool called WorldPainter. It's essentially a program that allows you to terraform the land. I used an image overlay of the official map as a reference and went from there. After two weeks of on and off development, I finally finished and have started working on buildings and schematics. I'll be getting assistance from a few trusty friends of mine to complete some towns.

Help!

I need some people that are good with art skills to make some mock posters and some fan art. Maybe a Steve survivor or something with the official logo?

Also, some publicising would be nice. Whether it's a small 1 minute video or a article, I wouldn't mind.

In general, you can help by telling/linking others in chat about this build project, retweeting #CraftZ on Twitter or just leaving a comment.

-R

Formal Application for whitelist

(Please answer with an honest mind):

IGN:
If so, what is your name:
Have you played The WarZ?: Yes/No
Building Skill:
Knowledge of WorldEdit (In a %):
Are you honestly going to be a dedicated builder (As in, work almost every day on this project)?: Yes/No
Reec3ty
Level 18 : Journeyman Archer