Deculture! - The Macross mod, Development thread/Trainwreck

PrototypeTheta's Avatar PrototypeTheta7/15/16 6:16 pm
1 emeralds 1.2k 2
7/22/2016 5:43 pm
PrototypeTheta's Avatar PrototypeTheta
Hey, you, ever wanted a mod that adds stuff like this?

Well you might be in the right place. Don't know yet, this could still crash and burn. Watch this space to see if anything ever happens.

For those unfamiliar, the craft displayed in the video above is the VF-1 Valkyrie from the Macross series (Robotech for you americans). Now I have a habit of trying to make this thing in pretty much every flying mod going, but there's a glaring problem, for the Valkyrie is no ordinary aircraft.

So, It seems it's down to me to actually do something about this. The plan is to build an all-new vehicle mod from the ground up, tailored specifically for the Valkyrie (and maybe a few other destroids), namely creating functioning fighter, GERWALK and Battroid modes that you can swap between on the fly. And if all goes well I might think about implementing a system to mod your Valkyrie with FAST packs.

This is being developed on 1.7.10, that way something might actually get done.

But anyways, enough dreaming. How far has it gotten?

Well, currently we've got a semi functional fighter mode Valkyrie, most of the work so far has been on the backend of the animation system so I'm afraid there's not many pretty pictures for now, though given that this is a development thread I will most likely be spamming them as and when they occur.

And yes, that is the same model as my VF-1 from Flan's mod, this is going to be the testbed for the next however long this takes. The model will need to be completely remade, with the additional parts required for transformation.

I'll be keeping this thread updated as and when anything new happens. If there are any fans of the show out there feel free to let me know if there's something you want to see in here. The main focus will be the VF-1 and other content from the original series but if things go well I may well think about attempting content from the more recent series.
PrototypeTheta
Level 77 : Legendary Robot