Bitter Cold Mod is in development!

OscMan's Avatar OscMan3/11/24 10:15 pm
3/13/2024 9:55 am
DustinShannon's Avatar DustinShannon
Bitter cold was the first datapack that i started making. I learned a lot about how coding in minecraft is formatted however with datapacks being completely vanilla and highly limited in their capability (and since 24w9a pretty much completely destroys the pack). I am going to be converting the datapack into a mod for fabric and forge. This means that bitter cold will be better integrated into the games code causing less lag, less compatibility issues and more freedom to add more features.
I cant exactly say when the mod will be released since i have to essentially rebuild it from scratch. however i will be releasing a direct port of the pack into a mod (essentially a mod that contains the existing datapack into every world that is created). This will be released very soon for 1.20.2.

I dont always work on developing as it is simply just a passion project for me and im not a full time developer. Im still very new to modding minecraft but progress it good right now.

Yes new features will be discontinued form the vanilla datapack but i will make an effort to keep the existing pack update as much as i can. Dont expect the mod to release this year. I am just announcing my development and looking for feedback if anyone has anything to say. Thanks a lot for all the support on the pack :)
OscMan
Level 52 : Grandmaster Taco