Why Hack?!

Magenta Creeper's Avatar Magenta Creeper11/7/13 10:14 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 50
11/9/2013 12:25 am
Province's Avatar Province
Is it because they're so bad they need a reason to feel better? Is it because they are just bad sports about games? I think it's because they just want to see people complain about it, so they feel more powerful. But what's the point? The game is meant to be a challenge, not easy to the point where you fly around and kill everyone. You're just ruining the fun for yourself! Feel free to post your opinion below! Thanks for reading!
Magenta Creeper
Level 26 : Expert Toast

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Province
11/09/2013 12:25 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Miner
minecraft
minecraf
minecra
minecr
minec
mine
min
mi
m
mi
min
griefing is fun
pyraa_
11/08/2013 10:53 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior
Ghost001: It's because they have no friends
Wow..
Province
11/08/2013 10:03 pm
Ghost001It's because they have no friends so they hack to be the cool kid in school then they realize
1. Only like 5 people at their school play Minecraft
2. They realize that they just hacked in a game because they sucked so much so they tried to hack in a game to be the cool kid even though people now think their even more of a loser now.

Your posts make me laugh bro.
Ghost001
11/08/2013 8:44 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
It's because they have no friends so they hack to be the cool kid in school then they realize
1. Only like 5 people at their school play Minecraft
2. They realize that they just hacked in a game because they sucked so much so they tried to hack in a game to be the cool kid even though people now think their even more of a loser now.
dalton12311
11/08/2013 8:20 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
[quote="Magenta Creeper"][quote="Jochmen"][size=85][i]I use Modloader / FML mods to get admin and grief servers of people who adverstise them on mine.

You know, an eye for an eye.[/i][/size]

What mods would those be?!
Province
11/08/2013 8:19 pm
I love using hacked clients. I love destroying others' hard work and their fun. I especially love to use cheats on PvP servers.
That_One_SkinMaker
11/08/2013 10:14 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
I agree with you bro
Leeberator
11/08/2013 8:15 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
hereiamyayI don't really get why people feel the need to cheat. It makes it especially annoying for those of us who go on servers with "strong" cheat preventing plugins, that will ban you 3 seconds into the game for suspected hacking- which can include lagging, standing still, typing "too fast", and a 100 stupid other things including breathing and blinking.

Lol my brother got banned by AntiCheat for feeding sheep once.
It threatened to ban be once because I was swimming in shallow water.

.-.
pyraa_
11/08/2013 8:14 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior
I use these things for trolling, which is funny, duh
TheOfficialNano
11/08/2013 8:10 pm
Level 74 : Legendary uwu
I use flyhack, becouse the creative fly mode alredy in minecraft is EXTREMELY ANNOYINGLY USELESS!
And i've used flyhack for alot longer than creative fly mode has been existing.
PrototypeTheta
11/08/2013 11:31 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
I've used lighting mods so I can see in the dark, and proximity detectors, but only to avoid other players, even with these I'd have to engage in PvP to do any damage, and knowing my skills that would not work. The only place I don't do this is Hunger games servers.
Owen_
11/08/2013 10:52 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Ranger
I'm gonna be honest, I made my own client once and used it once or twice, people use it to get reactions, and because the power is fun, I don't do it anymore though because I realised what it causes.
NuclearManx
11/08/2013 10:51 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
It's because of threads like this and because someone can get so angry over a block sandbox game.

EDIT: No one on planet minecraft has hacked anyone, what you may have done is get a modified client and send fly packets or sneak packets to the server.
SkyShadow3821
11/08/2013 10:49 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Nothing Better to do, and They just want to be famous is untrue.

Hacking is a Challenge, with it comes an expression of a large amount of dedication and understanding of how Networking, Programming, Computers work. Honestly the real reason for hacking is the Challenge.

There are three types of Hackers
White Hat Hacker - One who Hacks for the good Guys Against the Bad Ones
Gray Hat Hackers - The ones in the middle, if the pay is right it works!
Black Hat Hackers - The ones who challenge themselves to gain information for bad intent.

Not all Hackers are bad, however most of the time we find Black Hats, all they want is your information and a good Challenge!
OptimisticCookie
11/08/2013 10:45 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Explorer
Because they want to be famous. >.>
Jochmen
11/08/2013 8:43 am
Level 20 : Expert Ninja
I use Modloader / FML mods to get admin and grief servers of people who adverstise them on mine.

You know, an eye for an eye.
Magenta Creeper
11/08/2013 8:11 pm
Okay, okay, I'll admit this is the only time I will encourage hacking! Revenge is sweet!
Fureniku
11/08/2013 10:24 am
Level 88 : Elite Modder
That's a different scenario IMO. Once a server advertised on mine, so I went to the IP with my spare account. They gave me op within about 10 mins, so it was easy enough for me to ban them and worldedit their spawn into TNT in the space of about 30 seconds. I punished them for their idiocity more than anything - They had CoreProtect anyway so it was merely a "This is why you don't give OP to people" than real damage.

The ironic thing? Their spawn had a sign stating no advertising.
Fureniku
11/08/2013 8:27 am
I don't think Nodus uses Forge, and from what I've seen it's pretty much dead as of 1.6 anyway.
Vyn
11/08/2013 8:02 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
In my opinion, people use modded or "hacked" clients for two reasons:
1) to make playing on servers easier so they can troll and grief others and not worry about mining
2) I've seen some people who do it just to see how much damage they can slowly inflict on a server without the admins knowing.... always acting nice when the admins are online, but doing what ever they please otherwise.

Both way are really just want to see others mad and feel "powerful"
So yes, you are right.
BigDaddy
11/08/2013 7:45 am
Level 38 : Artisan Steve
Because it's fun. It's the bully mentality. I used Nodus quite a bit before it was abandoned, and I can tell you, it's really fun to go fly around with Derp (Nodus users will know what I mean) and freak people out, or get on creative servers and grief. I've been banana'd quite a few times. see what I did there
Magenta Creeper
11/08/2013 8:09 pm
People like you sicken me. Going around doing things to harm others for your own enjoyment! You're a low life, but at least had the balls to admit it!
planetminecrafter52342
11/08/2013 7:11 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
Well hackers seem to think it is funny using these clients, when it's really just cheating. I wish people would not continue the nodus client.
Z645
11/08/2013 3:33 am
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
I use to have Nodus actually. Though it was meant to be a cheating tool, i used it for a) helping me with staff work on servers, b) test out bugs, get around quicker. And do more things on my server.

I never really used it for the main purpose, which was griefing, raiding, etc.
Magenta Creeper
11/08/2013 8:04 pm
Yeah I get what you're going at, I use SPC to build every once in a while, but of course not to cheat some giant diamond structure into my survivial world,
alphapanda13
11/08/2013 3:21 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
Depends why they use it. Say if its on a pvp server, most likely to beat people in pvp. And so forth
Xandra
11/08/2013 2:49 am
Level 31 : Artisan Zombie
I don't really get why people feel the need to cheat. It makes it especially annoying for those of us who go on servers with "strong" cheat preventing plugins, that will ban you 3 seconds into the game for suspected hacking- which can include lagging, standing still, typing "too fast", and a 100 stupid other things including breathing and blinking.

If people just played fair, we could just... you know, chill and play the game together?
I'd like to play without having to worry about someone being able to crouch and sprint simultaneously or randomly gaining the ability to hit you without facing you or whatever ridiculous mod clients people have.

Oops, that was a little rant sorry. It's just something very irritating to me, I can't understand why people can't just play the game normally.
Magenta Creeper
11/08/2013 8:01 pm
It's okay, I feel the same irritation as you.
That_One_SkinMaker
11/08/2013 12:37 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
Lol stop pretending like none of you guys ever used hacks.
Nikolus
11/08/2013 11:23 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Explorer
Lol, I'll admit it, I've hacked before- I did it when I was younger (I'm still young), the reasons were:

1. I liked to be ahead of everyone, to prove my superior skill
2. I liked the thrill of evading the GM's (or Admins), to prove my superior intelligence
3. I liked having complete control, to prove my authority

Think of it this way, I hacked to make myself better than I was (which was already pretty good), and with it- I soared above other players. This goes for MMO's, console WiFi server games, Minecraft, etc.

I didn't hate myself or feel bad, I just wanted to have a good time- but I didn't want to lose either...

In short, those who hack on games are looking for a different experience than the game offers, some kind of approval or acceptance as a good player (despite they may not be), and/or a way to control the environment so they can do what they feel is right (or wrong is most cases!)
NuclearManx
11/08/2013 12:11 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
You've not hacked anyone before because you did not hack into their server and change database values, what you may have send a couple of fly packets to the server.
Fureniku
11/08/2013 7:52 am
As someone who's been a server admin since Alpha, I can safely say I've never personally used them. I've had a flymod in early Beta before creative mode was added to help with server structures, but I only used it when working on said structures.

Mods, however, are different. To be honest everything mentioned here is a mod not a hack, but there are good and bad mods. I dislike the bad mods (Eg making yourself invisible, extending your range, flying on a server where you shouldn't be and so on)

EDIT:
Any Forge server admins, I've got an idea for a mod to disable those hack mods from working that I'll start working on in a sec. I need a list of all "hack" mods, so PM me or just quote 'em here.
I'll use Forge's isLoaded method to detect those mods. If they are enabled, my mod disables - my mod goes in the client modpack and server-side mods folder, and if my mod disables the user can't connect to the server, thus blocking those bad mods being used on the server.
Instant_ReplEH
11/08/2013 8:05 am
Level 31 : Artisan Fisherman
Well, since I used to use Nodus and I have a pretty decent memory the hacks are; Forcefield, click aimbot, bow aimbot, X-ray, fullbright, cave finder, auto egg, auto fish, auto block, shift, build, derp,

That's all I remember for now so... Ya
TheViridian
11/08/2013 7:28 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Answer
I've never.... :p
GraveRunner
11/08/2013 7:20 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
Lol, hacks are meant to just cheat minecraft and get all the stuff you want - the noob way.
Mayoki_3
11/08/2013 7:30 am
Level 34 : Artisan Artist
I won't say noob c:
-and lol why r we starting dis topic.
LBUlises1
11/08/2013 12:40 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
Not pretending.
aman207
11/08/2013 12:28 am
Level 40 : Master Cake
Because people think the game is to hard so they find a way to make it easier.
LBUlises1
11/07/2013 11:33 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
Hacking, hmm, hacking in Minecraft not really, modded clients yes.
If people are going around flying or have crits and such they are just mods, not "hacks". They get them from modded clients, no effort put into it. They are probably just little kids that are "trolling", but then when they hurt a server or such and they track their ip, they can't "hack" their way out of that.
bigf
11/07/2013 11:29 pm
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
Hacking is fun Mining is boring
LittlePixelMe
11/08/2013 11:43 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
What are you doing on Minecraft then?
Colonellooo
11/07/2013 11:26 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
Well I have actually tried out a few hacked clients back when the game was still in beta. To tell you the truth it was fun for about a few hours. I got bored and never used a hacked client again.
daytdog
11/07/2013 11:20 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Please don't use the word "Hack" to describe somebody downloading a modded client.
It's extremely annoying.
Magenta Creeper
11/08/2013 7:56 pm
What I meant was people hacking servers.
McJackson3180
11/07/2013 11:52 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
Hax
Reacted And Crafted
11/07/2013 11:23 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
I'm very shure he means the jerkish "1 _|U$t D0\|/|\|l04d3D |\|0Du$!
1'|\/| $u|>3.- L33t!" (lol, advenced 1337 for the win!)
MC Steve 0_o
11/07/2013 10:21 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Depends on who is hacking and their purpose.

There are fractions of players who use Modified coding to give them a more broader control of their environment in the game. Some players merely do this for a few laughs and just to inspire rage in others. Some use these to further their own abilities in developing programs in order to test skill and mental capabilities in the design of "Hacks". All around, no one can truly say why these people do what they do, but that there are multiple reasons for doing it. It all depends on what that person or group is like that defines why they do it.
Reacted And Crafted
11/07/2013 10:19 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
because some people like seeing other people feel sadnees or anger.
shinadafan2012
11/07/2013 10:18 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
They have nothing better to do.
MayuriYandere
11/08/2013 10:18 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Prince
this^
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com