Why does everyone loathe the official forums?

_DioM_'s Avatar _DioM_2/13/13 9:58 pm
2/14/2013 1:37 am
projectgami's Avatar projectgami
Why, pray tell, do so many players seem to hate the official Minecraft forums?

From what I've seen, the place is usually more mature, the moderators block profanity, many users know what a period is and when to capitalize letters..

And the place just plain has a better layout.

Answers? Anyone? Any non-trolls, that is.
_DioM_
Level 29 : Expert Scribe

Create an account or sign in to comment.

projectgami
02/14/2013 1:31 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Artist
I just like this forum better because it's much more simple than the curse forums. Here I can see how many people downloaded my submissions and how many looked at them without going into some weird place in the settings. You only have a few categories here and that makes it even more simple. Skins, Texture Packs, Projects, Mods, Blogs and Servers. That's all. When I look at the Minecraft Forums I think I will need weeks to understand how it works. Here it took me like on hour. That's why I use PlanetMinecraft.
__Delirious__
02/14/2013 1:28 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Artist
I like MCF in some ways, but for some reason it seems like half of my posts go unnoticed. I posted a server and it still hasn't got a single reply other then someone I asked to go and post....in hopes of it getting some (if any) attention. Sadly I took like 30 minutes making the post. I had colors and good formatting, posted all my plugins, and even put a banner up. Still...Nothing. Yet another server that just uses the area to let users post their username for a free rank...which is really just a basic rank, Gets 50 posts a day. They even have their own forums for that server...why not use it? I even made a post on the area where I posted my server, asking why this hasn't got a single reply, but someone else who just posted an IP address and the name of the server got 25 replies in an hour. Yet mine hasn't got a singe one, even when bumped.

It seems like if you troll or make poor posts, you get attention. I posted in the hardware section, asking about an upgrade I am wanting to do to my pc. It only has 10 views. Yet a post in the same area, about some kid (who already made another post about the same subject) has got 26 replies and 183 views. We only posted 2 hours apart. I just don't get it.

I feel like I am missing something, or maybe people can tell I am not 12 and that I am 29?
the_soup
02/14/2013 1:11 am
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
The MCF are a lot bigger than our forums, which can have its upsides and downsides. I like to think we have a more 'community' feel. Additionally, we don't make all content be posted in the forums (we have site submissions) so our forums are more focused on discussion and less on content. On the downside, I feel the MCF look more professional than our forums. Also, because they are larger, they attract more of the famous content creators than we do.
projectgami
02/14/2013 1:37 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Artist
Well what use does it have, to go to a larger forum if half of your posts go unnoticed? Why not post it here where you will definetly get atleast on comment and where you feel like people actually like YOU not only your submission? Why not post it here where it just looks more friendly and where most moderators write back nice and are actually nice and also post a lot of submissions?
Paril
02/13/2013 11:17 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
PMC is based on content - discussion is secondary.
MCF is based on discussion.

-P
1marcos6
02/13/2013 11:14 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
I don't hate it. I just believe that PMC is better, they don't have content separated from forums like we do.
ChrisL
02/13/2013 11:07 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Artist
It's harder to get noticed on there, and the way PMC separates content from the forums is just a better setup. I don't hate them though, I use both.
-Rusty-
02/13/2013 11:13 pm
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
I agree, PMC is much more orginized in its layout...
Neptonic
02/13/2013 11:03 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Whatever way Curse coded that website makes it hate mobile devices. Almost everyone of my posts has been from a mobile device on Planet Minecraft.
_DioM_
02/14/2013 12:41 am
Really? The official forums work fine with my iPad.
Aeons
02/13/2013 10:36 pm
Level 21 : Expert Lumberjack
Personally, I like the official minecraft forums' layout better than these forums.
Otherwise, it's still pretty good.
Anyway, I don't see why so many people hate it so much.
Find Them Creepers
02/13/2013 10:30 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Are you talking about the curse forums? I've almost signed up for it, When I did some research and apparently you get trolled alot there...
telamonianajax
02/13/2013 10:07 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
I find Planet Minecraft much easier to use, as it isn't actually a forum. Well, part of it is, but you know what I mean.
Paril
02/13/2013 10:01 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
It's a scattershot sort of thing. It's tough to get content noticed as it gets buried under help threads. The forum itself has the layout of quantity vs quality - it has a billion different category/forums/subforums, and it can be difficult to find where to post things.

There are probably other reasons, but those are the reasons I'm not a huge fan of it personally.

-P
_DioM_
02/13/2013 10:03 pm
Ah. Ok. Thanks for giving a reply, and not taking me for a troll. I was afraid such may happen.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome