What do you think Microsoft would do if they owned Minecraft

SpongyBacon's Avatar SpongyBacon9/10/14 1:08 pm
1 emeralds 370 7
9/10/2014 2:06 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
So, there is an unconfirmed offer from Microsoft, saying that they would offer $2 billion for Minecraft. What do you think they will do?

And please, post your spammy answers in here, to keep the other threads clean Kappa

Btw, They offered to buy Mojang itself, not just minecraft. They would control and own all Mojang games. Might wanna fix that.
SpongyBacon
Level 35 : Artisan Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Azie
09/10/2014 2:06 pm
She/Her • Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump Pokemon
Dinodaw
09/10/2014 1:47 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
I think it'd be alright. Most of the bugs would probably be fixed immediately. Modding api would probably get made. I don't think they'd add guns. Realms would probably be improved.

$2 billion seems pretty high for Microsoft to offer, but not impossible. Mojang is a private company, which means they have complete control over the decision.

If mojang had 100 employees, and they divided it up evenly, each person would get $20,000,000. (Mojang might have more than 100 employees though, and might not divide it up evenly, but still)

That means if mojang accepted the offer, everyone that worked there would live in comfort for the rest of their lives. A hard offer to turn down.
Fureniku
09/10/2014 1:46 pm
Level 88 : Elite Modder
DLC. Something Mojang didn't do, but I'm 100% certain almost any other company would.

Updates basically wouldn't be free. It'd be much more frequent and the game would be modular. There would be the core game we have now, then add-on content packs with things like new weapons or new building blocks.

Realms would be forced too; I don't think they'd want you running your own servers. Modding would potentially be killed off as well, takes away from the DLC options.
Casamify
09/10/2014 1:25 pm
Level 49 : Master Batman
if they do that minecraft wouldnt be minecraft anymore,
SpongyBacon
09/10/2014 1:26 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
How so?
dillydillydilly
09/10/2014 1:20 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
First of all, Remember when it was announced Sony was buying the xBox 360 and it turned out to be this hoax? This is probably the same thing.
Back on topic now:

I think that Microsoft, Would RUIN the game we know and love, They would would take away the PS additions, Add some guns, some more guns, turn it into halo. Basically Minecraft would be DESTROYED and most players would leave the game.

Btw, They offered to buy Mojang itself, not just minecraft. They would control and own all Mojang games. Might wanna fix that.
Myra_
09/10/2014 1:56 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
This.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome