What Do YOU Want In Minecraft?

PMC's Avatar PMC10/24/12 3:07 pm history
368 emeralds 243.5k 7.8k
5/26/2024 4:30 am
sniffercraft34's Avatar sniffercraft34
Post what you wants in Minecraft in the comments! Remember, as usual, no flaming or putting down others ideas. They are only ideas! One last thing: be specific! Don't just say you want more blocks. Tell us what blocks you want!
PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Smoothiecat
10/20/2019 12:34 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
different types of dog, like the different types of cat
_Pyriel
10/20/2019 1:10 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
Quite smart !
SEfaught
04/12/2022 8:44 pm
Level 38 : Artisan uwu
Most liked comment
Ambroz
02/25/2021 2:38 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
yea and maybe more food and vertical slabs?
ProLuke9700
01/07/2021 8:14 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Warrior
I would like that too!
TonicTiger
04/30/2024 6:53 am
Level 1 : New Miner
they've done that now
sniffercraft34
05/26/2024 4:30 am
Level 32 : Artisan Cookie
In now!
Decarubus
10/23/2019 6:02 pm
Level 25 : Expert Birb
history
- Vertical Slabs, totally possible to do and would really change how houses and stuff look.

- More natural mobs like other bears, squirrels, stingrays, sharks, other ambient creatures.

- Seasons that change the color of the leaves and bring snow into areas that normally don't get snow, have the snow melt after the season ends.

- More tree types and variety of tree shapes.

- Dynamically connected textures so things blend on the edges.

- Actual font support that doesn't use a texture map but instead a font file like .ttf.

- Remove phantoms in favor of a sleep debuff that affects your mining speed, movement speed, etc... A better reason to actually go sleep.

- Giant AI added back.

- More metal types like bronze.

- More enchantments and a higher level cap for items.

- More bosses, not sure what kind or how they'd work but some extra bosses would be fun. Even a mini-boss that is just a tougher meaner version of a current mob.

- Better End Cities. The current is more like End outpost, I want to see like an ender village but big enough to be called a city.

- Mycelium villages, and village types for each biome.

- More food options like new crops, new craftables like sandwiches. Why can't I take bread and meat and put them together?

- Ability to dye all armor types! I get tired of the same old diamond armor look, give us some flavor.

- Dyeable water. Maybe I am working on a build and I want my water to be a toxic looking green. Not sure how you would limit this so players aren't just dying entire oceans but this would be pretty neat.

- Glowstone Slabs

- Honestly just about everything could use a slab and stair version of it. Imagine the options for roofing colors with concretes.

I'll leave the list at this but yea, this is what I want in Minecraft.

P.S.

- Higher resolution player skins, at least give us 16x16, current is basically 8x8.
ImYourFwend_
02/28/2021 9:45 pm
Level 26 : Expert Warrior
Wow! That's a big list!
Hermione_the_great
12/08/2020 2:32 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
waow
Austinytv
05/30/2020 10:02 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
mojang cant do vertical slabs bc of technical issues
CosmicCreeper02
03/12/2022 1:55 pm
Level 40 : Master Creeper
didnt PMC just say no putting down other peoples ideas?
Ambroz
02/23/2021 4:00 am
history
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

edit: VERTICAL SLABS IS GOOD!
Hermione_the_great
12/08/2020 2:32 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
>:(
Caspian
10/22/2019 4:53 pm
history
Honestly, more weird things. Less adding endangered or cute animals just for the sake of them being in the game without much thought put into what they do. Don't get me wrong, I am not against the addition of dolphins, pandas, foxes, polar bears, turtles, and the rest, but they don't add much. Bees, however, are a fantastic addition. I love the honey block and it's characteristics, and I also love how the bees behave, although this is a fantastic time for Mojang to add wax, wax blocks, and candles. Obviously wax would be obtained from honeycombs.

But the biome votes are not helping, 3 features per choice is not enough for a good update, especially not if the mobs added don't do much at all; The vulture seems cool, but if all it does is hover above dropped items, then it shouldn't be in the game. But what on earth would the frog do?! Provides noises to make the swamp seem more swampy? Ambience is not something that the swamp needs. This is somewhat off-topic, but a Minecraft sheep has more features than the individual mobs from the biome votes!

But it all lacks what the game was receiving when Markus Persson was still developing Minecraft; weirdness. Remember the Far Lands? That would be a brilliant re-addition to Minecraft, now that we can actually get there in less time than it would have taken when is was still in the game. Imagine how cool that would be to go on an expedition to the edge of the world by Elytra or Nether portals, when you see a vast cliff, the Far Lands, filled with zombie, skeletons, creepers, and the rest.

Weird terrain generation in general would be really neat to see. How about that extremely rare randomly generated pillar in alpha 1.1.2 that AntVenom showed back in 2016? That would be fun to see in more recent versions. Or how about finding a randomly generated pit down to bedrock? Weird things are fun to come across when it's part of the world and not a sudden glitch like a chunk error.

I can recall binge watching Herobrine "encounters", and I remember being in awe of believing something like that being in the game, but not many people have seen it. Of course I was saddened by the discovery that it is all fake. However, it would be incredible to get that same awe when actually playing and experiencing it for yourself.

Secret Friday updates with quirky things would be neat to see make a return, except with no changelog provided until the next Friday or next secret update. Wouldn't it be incredible to start up Minecraft one day and run around exploring only to find a peculiar new mob that watches you from a distance with no mention of it being added? Or to discover a new wood type that only generates at extremely high altitudes in mountain biomes? How about a secret Halloween/Friday the 13th update that suddenly adds a reverse thunderstorm, in which the lightning plunges the world into absolute darkness for a brief moment, and the thunder producing a piercing high pitched sound, or no sound at all, and rain that flies from the surface to the clouds, but it only occurs during Halloween or a Friday the 13th?

The nether update looks fantastic and very bizarre, which is good, but I feel like Mojang is being far too open about the update.

Also sorry for the wall of text, I just wanted to get my opinion out there.

TL;DR #1: Minecraft lacks the quirkiness it needs, at least in my opinion.

Edit #1: Another TL;DR at the bottom of this wall of text, as well.

Minecraft is also currently lacking implementation of mods and actual good (although rather far-fetched) ideas. Pistons used to be a mod, a very unique one, at that, and now it's in the game. It changed the game for the better! Wall blocks used to be an idea, and it was added! I'm pretty sure rivers also were just a player's idea at one point, and now we have them (they still could use work, though...)!

The point I'm trying to make is that player feedback actually did something. Now Minecraft is trying to go in 3-4 different directions at once.

Imagine how much different Minecraft would be if Mojang actually listens to the community, and adds what Markus Persson actually wanted to add before he decided it was his time to quit. Remember the Zipline mod? Imagine how cool that would be in vanilla Minecraft! Or Clouds that don't actually go through mountain peaks! Localized weather! Seasons! All things that feel Minecrafty!

TL;DR #2: Adding in community ideas.
OriginalBread
10/22/2019 7:40 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
Honestly! I miss that sense of awe and wonder that the earlier versions gave off. Of course much of that "wonder" goes away once you go pro and know the game inside and out, but it would still be nice to have a secret update, or some weird one time features that are purely experimental. I really miss the quirkiness of the game, where everyday could be something new. Now it is very much a brand trying to make money-- which again, that isn't bad. Great for Mojang and Microsoft, but I'd really like the game to not be so "defined." They ruined a lot of that when they started making the game a way to sell toys, movies, other games, etc etc. I love minecraft for what it is today, but many years ago, there was way more thrill.
Caspian
10/22/2019 9:21 pm
That's true! I forgot about the awe of being new to the game. I remember thinking everything shown in mod showcases was actually in the vanilla game, haha!

Indeed, the game used to have a lot of thrill, but now everything they add seems so shallow, they need to stop adding in rather useless things. Sorry for this being slightly off-topic, but It's also unfortunate they have the biome vote, when they could add all 3 biome features to one (possibly secret :P) update, if they continue making them be shallow and really quite useless.
Echo4Al8RexCoco
04/23/2022 3:43 pm
Level 29 : Expert Musician
You got ur wish lol :)
ImYourFwend_
02/28/2021 9:46 pm
Level 26 : Expert Warrior
Great! This would make a lot of sense.
anonpmc2382110
10/20/2019 2:07 am
Level 26 : Expert Miner
[deleted]
Hand-E
10/20/2019 4:56 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Batman
Try OptiFine.
047Gaming
10/20/2019 3:10 am
Level 37 : Artisan Loremaster
omg yes
XxmaSss
09/21/2020 7:41 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
yes and torches!
chickenpants93
10/20/2019 2:27 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Birb
sideways slabs. i mean come on mojang. XD
Makaneek
02/14/2020 9:04 am
Level 48 : Master Answer
We kind of have that now, with walls being solid when placed on top of each other.
kataar
10/21/2019 4:03 pm
This, absolutely this!
QuickWhitt7
03/12/2019 10:37 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
Owls would be a nice addition, even if they were purely aesthetic like bats.
error401
01/22/2018 10:55 am
Level 37 : Artisan Enchanter
more dimensions
qwertty
09/30/2018 4:15 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
history
yes, definitely
error401
10/01/2018 4:57 am
Level 37 : Artisan Enchanter
yess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hetrogames
01/22/2018 11:10 am
Same
Minecoley
11/27/2018 9:19 pm
YES
Rymac99
10/19/2019 6:46 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Skinner
vertical slabs
-Rae- deactivated
10/20/2019 4:59 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Sheep
Absolutely. Should have happened long ago :)
_Pyriel
10/20/2019 1:11 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
Ye.
TheTracker
10/21/2019 1:50 pm
s...
Notta
09/13/2020 9:04 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Modder
Mojang did confirm no to vertical slabs awhile back.
Krysalis
02/26/2021 5:42 am
Level 37 : Artisan Lego Builder
history
Personally I think that there should be Piglin Villages in Nether Forests.
SpookyGirl
10/20/2019 2:02 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
I have a lot of ideas. I'll break them up into sections.

Biome Updates/Mobs:

Swamps:

-Alligators or Crocodiles
-Frogs (already confirmed to be worked on)
-More mushrooms
-Moss
-Mud
-More flowers

Forests:

-Bears (grizzly and black)
-Owls
-Coyotes (would be tamable, for more kinds of dogs)
-Boars
-Bushes
-Rocks
-More flowers
-More mushrooms
-Flamingos (near water)
-Snakes (they're sometimes in forests, right? is that a thing?)

Jungles:

-Gorillas
-Better trees
-Hippos
-Tigers
-Lions
-Monkeys

Under Water Updates/Mobs:

-Sharks
-Whales
-Crabs
-Lobsters
-Hermit Crabs + Placable shells
-Octopuses
-Ridable ships
-Cannons
-Shrimp
-Seahorses
-Eels

Items/Edibles:

-Spears
-Gloves
-Torches that glow when held
-An item resizing device
-Shrimp
-Apple pie
-Golden apple pie
-Pears
-Oranges
-Pineapples
-Medicine

Mythical Mobs:

-Mermaids
-Sirens
-Werewolves (Villagers and Pillagers would sometimes become them at night)
-Mummies (Found in desert temples, rare)
-Seabeast (Basically my name for the Ocean Man)
-Yetis
Engineer123
10/21/2019 2:09 am
Medicine is already potion of healing, right?
Warden061
10/22/2019 8:39 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
yes it is but i think she means z easier way to get that.
c14159
10/20/2019 10:14 pm
Level 22 : Expert Mage
dats a big list dude
beetchips
10/22/2019 8:06 pm
two words, gamers.

vertical. slabs.
Feryx
10/23/2019 1:43 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Pig
you just said the impossible, but also corner blocks like half slabs
Niknokinater
05/06/2019 12:47 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
Apple Pie comes to mind. Love more food items in general. I remember when Jeb mentioned Corn in the 1.9 snapshot days.

Loot chests scattered about Ocean Monuments is a concept I always liked, but it may be a tad redundant with the Ocean Ruins today.

Outside of that, the strive to get most game elements running through datapacks is something I'm absolutely for. I've already dried myself of advancements, loot tables, recipes- I've only major structure reworking (I've only so rebuilt the Pillager Outpost for a cleaner approach) and block drops.

For the moment, I would adore villager trade support. I also heard world generation support is something that's being poked at and that just gets me going ^^
PixelBiscuit12
04/13/2019 9:54 am
Level 48 : Master Cookie
history
player temperature in cold biomes u need fire , lava , clothes and keep moving to not freeze and in hot biomes u need to swim to cool down also weather and time of day affects temperature too it would make survival more challenging

other ideas:
Netherrack Bricks
Bone Tool And Armors
Bone Door and Bone Ladders
barrowisp
06/10/2019 6:47 pm
Level 27 : Expert Explorer
Have you ever considered playing with these mods:
Makaneek
05/07/2019 10:39 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
we have netherbrick.