1.9 the combat update

bigfoot1220's Avatar bigfoot12207/3/15 1:15 pm
7/15/2015 10:42 am
AvlisGamer's Avatar AvlisGamer
from the love and hugs update if you didn't know it was a QR code if you scan it, it will take you to a page that says 1.9 the combat update but the loves and hugs update was for the April fools update. could this mean better combat and maybe a new boss and new things like spears and a quiver and other cool stuff. For now we have to wait.
bigfoot1220
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

AvlisGamer
07/15/2015 10:42 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
Can't wait for this update
Dual wield looks awesome, and no longer only one EnderDragon.
Still think they should have added a new dimension
candle_
07/14/2015 6:50 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
Johnanater
bigfoot1220from the love and hugs update if you didn't know it was a QR code if you scan it, it will take you to a page that says 1.9 the combat update but the loves and hugs update was for the April fools update. could this mean better combat and maybe a new boss and new things like spears and a quiver and other cool stuff. For now we have to wait.

If the QR code was in the April Fools update saying the combat update... it may just all be an ongoing April Fools joke.

But ayyyyyyy, that's what I said in 1.3 right?

It's been confirmed and some of it was shown at Minecon. There's no real reason to put that much effort into an April Fool's Day joke. Check out Dinnerbone's twitter for more on the update.
Johnanater
07/14/2015 12:31 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
bigfoot1220from the love and hugs update if you didn't know it was a QR code if you scan it, it will take you to a page that says 1.9 the combat update but the loves and hugs update was for the April fools update. could this mean better combat and maybe a new boss and new things like spears and a quiver and other cool stuff. For now we have to wait.

If the QR code was in the April Fools update saying the combat update... it may just all be an ongoing April Fools joke.

But ayyyyyyy, that's what I said in 1.3 right?
guenstig
07/14/2015 11:50 am
Level 36 : Artisan Artist
I think new things are really important to keep the game living. Minecraft lives from expericene new things so I think it good that they implement new things. For sure performance impovements are always good . And about the combat things. I think they have seen that minecraft also become a popular PVP game and if you watch the interview Docm77 had with Dinnerbone you see that they really want to make PVP more interesting. So I think the Update gonna be awesome. And it's no surprie that many people are sceptic. Most people are afraid of changes but i belive in the Mojang Team.
Anakiiin
07/14/2015 5:25 pm
Level 48 : Master Architect
That's true, many people don't like new things and change.

PvP is indeed a popular type of game mode in Minecraft these days, but are people who appreciate the current way things are with PvP going to like the changes?
candle_
07/13/2015 6:13 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
I'm not sure how I feel about the new end things. It's not particularly exciting to me. I'd rather the game see some optimizations and the like to make existing features work better rather than implementing new things like this. If people wanted more content like that, they could just use mods, no?

While most would probably see optimization and such less exciting than other things, why don't they just implement these things as free, official mods? Even then, however, more time goes towards fairly specific content like this rather than improving the base game that still needs improvements in many areas. (Boats, optimization in general, !!!THE WORLDGEN!!!, etc.) Apart from that, more customization oriented things would be nice, such as increased skinning features (along the lines of the things some console edition skins have), more customization (armor customization maybe), and such.

I don't mean to talk them down and I still appreciate some of the new content. It's just a bit exasperating seeing their priorities.
HudsonGamingYT
07/12/2015 12:12 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
Jahumakal
07/11/2015 10:31 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Mojang better do something good with 1.9, they ruined factions/pvp with 1.8.
Making TNT slide and removing the block-hit mechanic spoilt the game.
VBoy
07/13/2015 3:47 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Blocking wasn't even that useful to begin with. And there are ways to raid bases without using TNT.
Azrath
07/13/2015 5:26 pm
Level 25 : Expert Button Pusher
Blocking didn't do anything other than slow you down.
Anakiiin
07/11/2015 10:27 pm
Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the new update. It makes more sense, yeah, but this is basically just going to be another update copying more mods. Anyone else agree?
VBoy
07/11/2015 10:29 pm
So the fact that the update may implement mod features makes it bad for some reason?
sslaptnhablhat
07/13/2015 5:34 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Magical Girl
He didn't say bad at all, he said he's not a huge fan of it.
Anakiiin
07/13/2015 5:39 pm
Exactly! However, now that I think about it, the more Minecraft takes ideas from existing mods, the more people are going to end up disliking the game. Those who have already tried the mods that implemented shields and stuff like that and ended up not liking it are going to end up having a bad time altogether. If you implemented something new and original, chances are people would want to try it.
VBoy
07/15/2015 9:43 am
True, but just because it's a fresh Idea doesn't always mean everyone will like it either. There have been fresh and new Ideas that not a lot of people have liked. Well, at first.

Azrath
Comicfreek123
JahumakalMojang better do something good with 1.9, they ruined factions/pvp with 1.8.
Making TNT slide and removing the block-hit mechanic spoilt the game.

Blocking wasn't even that useful to begin with. And there are ways to raid bases without using TNT.

Blocking didn't do anything other than slow you down.

Blocking shielded you from some damage, but it's more efficient to be attacking your enemy instead of blocking them. You're only delaying your death like that.

TurtleSkins304Ok, and why did you make this thread?

To start a discussion. I mean, this IS a discussion forum, right?
irritatedCat
07/03/2015 1:33 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
Minecraft combat has improved! Now, instead of just left clicks, you can also right click!
VBoy
07/11/2015 10:21 pm
Actually, your second hand (I'm guessing that's what you're referring to) can't be used to... do stuff, other than place torches and wield shields.
Jacob Rigoberto
07/03/2015 1:22 pm
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
We will have dual-wielding, shields new arrows.
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.9
All proof included at that webpage.
Cjak41
07/03/2015 1:18 pm
Level 29 : Expert Pirate
Ok, and why did you make this thread?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome