Should I start making minecraft machinema's?

jaydan7's Avatar jaydan711/13/15 7:59 am
11/13/2015 11:13 am
Ivain's Avatar Ivain
hi guys, im starting to wonder if I should start making minecraft machinema's like the channels operoes (sry if I mispelt that), explodingtnt and the sheep broadcast, if you think I should please give me ideas, also I would need some actors (that would be another topic)
VOTE IN THE POLL
jaydan7
Level 34 : Artisan Robot

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/13/2015 11:13 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Yeah, I do have no idea what sort of machinimas you're going for as the only example you gave before was a bunch of existing directors I couldn't be arsed to look up XD. Its a bit more clear now, but most of it still applies. Good luck!
11/13/2015 10:50 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
RapidzYT
Well I'd be interested to help out if you will do one.
11/13/2015 10:51 am
jaydan7
dont worry, I will be, also I sent u a skype contact request
11/13/2015 10:37 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
To put what the others say in a bit more of a constructive way, making machinimas requires a very large and regular amount of content creation. If you want to stand a chance, you need to submit either highly entertaining content once a week or so, or slightly lower content several times a week. Do NOT underestimate how much dedication this takes. Machinima videos are almost always shows that require a relatively large amount of organisation behind the scenes, and standards have only increased in the last few years.

what I recommend you do is practise making a couple of videos in the machinima style you want to make them in. Come up with a bunch of formats you think you'll enjoy doing a lot, then test which one becomes the most popular. After you're done with that, start making videos in that format regularly. Try to keep them varied while sticking to a pattern that people recognize.

Once you reach the point where you create, edit and upload videos even if you're having an off day, you can go for the machinimas. But there is 1 more thing that is important.
Do it because you enjoy it. If you are going for machinima because it has the most potential to make you money, don't. Its not going to go far.
A great example of what you can do if you enjoy something is Ragegamingvideos. A couple of years ago, his Quick Build Challenge series made him one of the biggest machinima directors out there. He did many seasons of QBC, but in the end he stopped enjoying the classic formula so he started experimenting with different formats, and when it didnt work out he put a big hiatus in it. It's in its last season or so now. But at his peak, he had nearly a million subs mostly coming from 1 series that became super popular. Because he enjoyed doing it for years, and therefore created about 2 videos a week on it, he became very large.

The residue of that period means he still has 4K subs, despite not doing that show much anymore. it has left him with a community that can rival that of Jackscepticeye or Markiplier in terms of supportiveness, and are closer to him and each other than even them.

That;s the sort of thing to aim for if you're starting a youtube channel, to build a community like that and be a part of them.
That said, best of luck getting started.
11/13/2015 10:51 am
jaydan7
also it doesnt seem like you understand too much of what kind of machinima's im going for, im going for thing like this example "if pigs became sheep" and I know that example sucks, but thats just to show what kind im going for, just things like if something happened, or maby even small battle things
11/13/2015 10:47 am
jaydan7
good advice, so far I have allready been making videos for a while now and I got over 300 subs, and that should help to get the videos noticed, and I only make videos because I find it fun anyway, I dont even make money from youtube, and if I did I wouldnt have that much from it anyway, so thank you for your advice
11/13/2015 9:50 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Imposter
sodaloid
No. You can't even spell "Machinima" right :/
11/13/2015 10:12 am
Level 31 : Artisan Demolitionist
Mooks
This
11/13/2015 9:59 am
jaydan7
so?
11/13/2015 9:31 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
Sorry but honestly, I have to say no for the same reason as DailyTuber, but I wish you luck~
11/13/2015 10:01 am
jaydan7
my builds dont affect my videos though
11/13/2015 10:07 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
Ok I'll change my approach.
Make a video, get feedback from the community, if its decent, keep working at it.
11/13/2015 10:10 am
jaydan7
the only problem is I still need actors
11/13/2015 9:29 am
Level 33 : Artisan Mage
DailyTuber
I voted no.

I looked at your work on PMC and it isn't very organised so I doubt videos would be too. Maybe I am wrong, who knows.
11/13/2015 9:59 am
jaydan7
oh so just because I cant make good builds means I cant make good videos?
11/13/2015 9:22 am
Level 1 : New Miner
mineez
I vote yes
11/13/2015 10:00 am
jaydan7
thanks
11/13/2015 8:00 am
jaydan7
also I would need some good music if it turns into a yes