Server ideas, most wanted server?

JohanKJIP's Avatar JohanKJIP5/19/13 6:57 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 29
5/28/2013 3:18 pm
RobCo's Avatar RobCo
Hello minecrafters!

Today I got the idea to create a server but I wanted to ask you guys exactly what would be the best. I know faction servers are overrated as well as creative plots. I want something different. I looked at some MineZ plugins and most don't seem to be updated etc. I was also going to ask if people like creative plots with a rank system, you start as a builder and work your way up to architect?

I want your opinions on a server that everyone would like(I don't want simple answers telling me to get factions etc.).

Thanks for taking your time!

I hope this doesn't break any if the forum rules

Poll ended 05/26/2013 6:57 am.

JohanKJIP
Level 41 : Master Mountaineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/27/2013 5:04 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
JohanKJIP
05/28/2013 11:21 am
Nah, towny is spammed all over pmc haha
JohanKJIP
05/27/2013 4:50 am
Badum.
Xenon
05/25/2013 1:12 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Well, my favorite server is multiworld and the friendly players on it (especially the staff) love to make minigames, so my vote is going to the multiverse plugin loaded server with minigames!!!

Peace out.
JohanKJIP
05/26/2013 8:15 am
Yeah, as I said before, a hub server with different worlds and plugins.

I think I am going for that, thanks for your help everyone!
TheFrostedBuilders
05/25/2013 1:04 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Make a Ultra Hardcore server, and people can make their own matches, and join with other people, and play together without searching for a long time.
JohanKJIP
05/25/2013 1:08 pm
Good idea but it needs coding which I don't have any experience in.
JohanKJIP
05/25/2013 1:00 pm
Do I see a BUMP?
JohanKJIP
05/24/2013 1:30 pm
EpicAwesome1
JohanKJIP What if guns were added like a more futuristic gameplay?

That is a really neat idea, and I don't think it has ever been done before; in todays 'servers market' people are looking for servers that are unique not just another "Oh look I own a factions server join now durr..." server so this idea would appeal to that market, what would make it better is if you could find a coder to make it so that mods are not required to play. If you do decide to go with this idea I would be happy to help.

I might add it as an extra feature to the class based world. Survival with classes, guns and custom terrain? I would gladly accept some help!
EpicAwesome1
05/24/2013 1:24 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Pixel Painter
JohanKJIP What if guns were added like a more futuristic gameplay?

That is a really neat idea, and I don't think it has ever been done before; in todays 'servers market' people are looking for servers that are unique not just another "Oh look I own a factions server join now durr..." server so this idea would appeal to that market, what would make it better is if you could find a coder to make it so that mods are not required to play. If you do decide to go with this idea I would be happy to help.
BattlingApollo
05/24/2013 1:14 pm
Level 29 : Expert Fisherman
Creative plots(rank up system)
They can be fun, but usually get boring after a while.

Survival with a unique class and level up system
There's tons of survival servers, so you have to do something cool and unique in order to get people. Also, making to big (such as above 100 or so slots) will ruin the survival aspect.
A server with multiverse and all sorts of different minigames and plugins.
We're seeing a lot of these, so you would need a dedicated 24/7 host that holds over 100 slots in order to compete with the bigger mini-game servers like Overcast Network or MinecraftPVP.
A DayZ based server
I don't play much DayZ
JohanKJIP
05/24/2013 1:22 pm
Survival would have classes and probably 2 different worlds. If the server becomes popular you can choose between the two worlds and maybe add more if it becomes very populated. For example the archer class can only use bows and leather armor.
Matty__994
05/24/2013 1:04 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Hunter
this is where you have to be imaginative and work with what you have and use things such as command blocks and configure already made plugins.

And p.s. ^^^^^ DONT ADVERTISE YOU DAMN SERVERS HERE, THIS IS WHAT MAKES PEOPLE NOT WANT TO JOIN
JohanKJIP
05/24/2013 1:08 pm
I will try to cone up with something. Maybe a hub server that has a DayZ world, creative world and survival. Survival has a class system (can add different classes), some classes can only do certain things etc.

Creative would be based on ranks, build good, be ranked. This would also get us more builders to my build team.

Thanks for reporting him.
Matty__994
05/24/2013 10:47 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Hunter
Some of these poll ideas are good ideas but a bit vague. I want a server to be completely unique, factions is a 100% no, DayZ has been done a lot but still has potential if done right, but the best idea is to think outside the blocks (excuse the pun).

How about thinking of things such as a server full of the best adventure maps that you can do in teams and earn points to unlock new maps.

Or a sci-fi strategy or a wild-west open world rpg or a mix of game types.
JohanKJIP
05/24/2013 12:58 pm
Problem is I don't know a single coder that could code this so I need to use plugins that are already out there.
JohanKJIP
05/24/2013 10:38 am
BUMP DI Dump
JohanKJIP
05/23/2013 3:03 am
BUDUM
kontrano
05/21/2013 5:08 am
Level 46 : Master Elf
Hmm This All depends On what kind of players you want to reach For example ill add the "Average kind of People" That play that behind each thing and the succes rate according to me

Creative plots(rank up system)

The Average Builders and just people who want to fool around with stuff in creative while with other players not much to do here for most people and probaly gets boring after a while

Survival with a unique class and level up system

This is Probably and RPG Styled Server which for most people is hard to grasp but over time will get you some active players since RPG is something that never really ends and i personalty find these the nicest server but they Require TONS! of setup so before choosing this think wisely and get a large building team together

A server with multiverse and all sorts of different minigames and plugins.

This is general Called a HUB server since all the different stuff to do and get you a fairly good player base if service is good i myself have one of these since once setup which requires a bit of work but not that much and can run on its own for fairly long periods of time Though Requires a lot of features to be succesfull and allows you to do all of the other game-plays in 1 server

A DayZ based server

These Are Generally Never Filled and people wont play on them for long periods of time since they will probably rage quit a lot and that kind of stuff also most DayZ servers don't offer a lot of ways to play they miss stuff want to get some ideas that will make your DayZ more interesting PM me but mostly this isent played that much at the same time

Hope this Helped you

-Kontrano Owner of Zamoscraft
JohanKJIP
05/22/2013 3:01 am
Thanks for that answer!

I was thinking of a hub server with dayZ based server, creative and rpg/survival class system. I have a build team so that is no problem.
nightaye
05/21/2013 5:06 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
I would say a mini-game server. A unique game mode will always attract attention
JohanKJIP
05/21/2013 2:42 am
BUMP
JohanKJIP
05/19/2013 9:39 am
Thanks for all the replies! You are right, MineZ is kinda dominating zombie survival. What if guns were added like a more futuristic gameplay? Cares would b good to have as well.
Zemphro
05/19/2013 9:01 am
Level 1 : New Miner
I've always wanted a greek themed server with the admins and mods as greek gods and the thing could be liek a rpg serever with differnt ares and when u started on the server you would be sorted in to one of the 12 gods - differnt clans for each gods and you woudl get abiltys for what demi god you where
RobCo
05/28/2013 3:18 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
There was a Percy Jackson roleplay server once. I never played it, but I assume Poseidon and Athena "demigods" were in overstock.
Also not knowing anything about Percy Jackson / Heroes of Olympus would fit quite well into the storyline.
Bedroomcoder ONM
05/19/2013 8:39 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
I've always wanted to try a Jailbreak Gmod style server where players are assigned as wardens and guards and have to give commands to ordinary players xD That would be fun.

MineZ kinda dominates the Zombie survival market in minecraft, the addition of guns to a similar server would be fun, but making sure the atmosphere remains similar and isn't spoiled by a pay for guns basis, or overly powerful ranks if you were to add them would be essential.
Eeirail
05/19/2013 8:34 am
Level 36 : Artisan Wolf Whisperer
I am not really sure you can tag something like that. Everyone always wants different things, I mean it really doesn't matter, everyone get some sort of people.
JohanKJIP
05/19/2013 7:05 am
Accidentally reset the poll when I added an option. Derp
vboeyy
05/19/2013 7:02 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Creative plots with a twist

Ranking systems will be good for building {AMOUNT} of blocks to {RANKUP}
JohanKJIP
05/19/2013 7:03 am