Premium vs Cracked: Someone Explain

CorkyW's Avatar CorkyW12/8/14 7:57 pm
1 emeralds 12.7k 8
12/9/2014 1:34 am
The_Big_Dish's Avatar The_Big_Dish
Ok so I'm new to the whole MP/Server thing. I been browsing Youtube and all the different "Top 10 Servers" type vids. So I see sections with the Premium Servers and then there's the Cracked Servers.

I understand the concept of what these 2 are, I get that the "cracked" is people who didn't "buy" the game. I'm wondering more is there really a difference in what these 2 types of servers offer. Or is there any difference at all?
CorkyW
Level 21 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

The_Big_Dish
12/09/2014 1:34 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
Cracked accounts mean that basically anyone who had an account or not can log in, doesn't go through the minecraft authentic servers as mentioned.

There is no difference in theory but most are not as well known or varied as normal servers. People in it can be good or bad like in any server. Putting your server in offline mode is more risky than online mode.

Cracked servers (not accounts) or turning online mode off is not illegal or against mojangs eula as far as I know. It is literally part of the minecraft server options:
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Server.properties (look at online mode)
Snowyfox
12/09/2014 12:40 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Awesome then~

In that case, as dog51848 said, buy the game and gain access to premium servers. They'll be the ones in least trouble and generally higher quality. Worth the price. For your family, cracked servers will just not cut it. And not to mention, the pirate side, as you probably already know, houses quite a bit of...immature and harsh people. If it's for your kids, premium side will be better for their sanity. If it's for you, premium side will be better for your sanity.
CorkyW
12/09/2014 1:03 am
I agree 100%. Like I said it's no biggie for me, it's just a lil tougher when paying for 3 accounts lol
CorkyW
12/08/2014 11:06 pm
Trust me, I know all to well what the "pirate side" is like lol. I have kids....that's 3 computers in the house (including mine) They're 6 and 5 so computer games are what they love. They play tons of simple free online games, but then there's games like MC, Roblox, Garys Mod etc that they love too....trust me it's not easy to "pay" for a single game THREE times just so we can all play together at times.

And then there's my son (the 6yo), the biggest gamer out of us all, who doesn't stick to 1 game for long. I refuse to buy certain games online for him because he may only play it for a week and then it's off to another. He's addicted to youtube so he knows EVERY game available on Earth and of course he WANTS THEM ALL. So I struggle with him the most since it's just not beneficial to pay every time he finds a new game he wants to try.

Don't get me wrong, I 100% believe in supporting those that make these awesome things (games, movies, etc) but I'd have to be plum rich to feed his cravings. As for ME, I only touch 2 games period, MC and Combat Arms, so I have no issue paying for mine.
Snowyfox
12/08/2014 10:27 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
This thread is gonna generate tons of biased answers...The only people we can trust would be the people who have visited both...

As you said, cracked players use clients that let you play Minecraft in general without a Minecraft account (which you pay for). Premium players are called so by cracked players since because they paid for the account, they get "premium" benefits.

Cracked servers generally are forced to set "online-mode" to false in the settings. Thus, they won't authenticate usernames together with Mojang's servers whenever somebody logs in. Thus, they don't have protection of user accounts, and have to rely on password systems or downright no way to tell if the person using a certain username is truly the username's original owner.

Because cracked server owners don't have the funds to even buy the game, let alone dish out a nuttish amount of money for other people, the best they can do for their server is definitely not the best a premium server owner (who DOES have the funds to make a dedicated machine or pay per month for fancy servers) can offer.

And oftentimes, cracked server owners don't even bother making something remotely professional; a lot of them, considering they don't buy the game, also usually don't have the discipline and morals required for being a good server owner, or will barely invest enough effort into making their server good.

If you want evidence, take a look on the premium and cracked server listings. Both sides have a lot of thrash threads, but the premium servers will be the ones with more screenshots, a tiny bit more professionalism and the one with less problems.

Note that you can find a lot of good cracked players and good cracked servers as well. They're just generally far more rare. But there's certain differences you can find in the cracked player community as well. It's like visiting the "lowlife" part of a city. It's gonna be more treacherous, but you're gonna find the gem here and there with a great story behind them and in a surprising state for the kind of place they are in.

Among a large group of "scum" homeless people, one of them will be the person in hard times and with a story of how they ended up there, or how they simply couldn't enjoy the priviledges the people with homes do. Or you may find a person who's clean and far more well-mannered than the rest. Sometimes it's both. Sometimes you'll find interesting opinions that you'll never find in the "priviledged" side.

*EDIT* Of course, there are also many past cracked players who made it into the premium side. They are often the most tolerant people, and maybe even have the greatest stories. If you're willing to invest the effort, find them. Or just hope that one of them will stumble upon this thread and give their two cents.
Colonellooo
12/08/2014 10:17 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
The only difference between the two really is that cracked servers are illegal and premium are not. All of the good and fun servers are obviously going to be premium though. Many cracked servers are sub-par badly designed servers by people not willing to buy the game. Don't expect any Hive or Mineplex type quality when using one.
CorkyW
12/08/2014 10:26 pm
Thank You, that's the kinda info I was looking for. I was sitting here thinking "if it's all the same stuff then whats the point in paying for the game". Like I said I'm completely new to the server thing so still learning those basics. Again thanks for the reply.
DoctorCow2
12/08/2014 8:17 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Engineer
The two servers are the same the only difference is that premium servers check if you have a legit account. Cracked servers don't check. And on cracked servers you can log in as "Anyone".
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome