One of the LARGEST group project on MC

Tripartite's Avatar Tripartite8/15/17 8:39 am history
15 emeralds 648 8
8/20/2017 5:59 am
MegaMinerDL's Avatar MegaMinerDL
Hello there!

I would like to start this post off by introducing myself and most importantly, thank you for reading however far into this post you read, and to thank anyone who decides to jump aboard the project in advance!

My name is Adam Edwards or Tripartite and I am the developer of Infinite Architects Society. I have been the dev on IAS for over a year and a half and have overseen massive changes. Now onto the project!

I intend to start a massive project that will aim to bring almost every section of the community together. And by this, i mean every section of PMC. I aim to include the users from the projects page for the building of this said project and for the map creation. I want to include the Texture Pack community by using a custom texture pack for my project that will include all of the block types I will need to allow you lot to complete this project, and I need the support of you all here in the Forum.

On to the plan,

So this idea was originally inspired by the 'World of Worlds' project, here on PMC. I saw this project after investing lots of time on PMC inviting players to our server and also looking for different styles of architecture. The way they have included so many civilizations is breath taking for me and really inspired me.

My idea is to create a world, around 20k x 20k in size, that has been custom made by some of the best creators over here on PMC that will include different landscape types from different areas around the world ranging from 1st world countries to the poorest of the poor 3rd world countries. I want to include the architecture from all these places.

What I am looking for is the greatest creators or those trying to get their name out there who have real building talent in different sections. I want to make towns that take inspirations from selected cultures that will all link together with the other cities that are included. This will be done through a large highway, Railway, and water system. This project is a realistic project but not 1:1. It MUST include creativity.

Currently, i am at stage 1. I have a dedicated server to host the project, But I have no builders, No map, and no perfect resource pack so here is what we need:

- Map Creators

- Spanish / Mediterranean architecture

- American City builders
-
Skyscrapers
- Suburbs

- Infrastructure
- Road builders
- Railway experts
- Vehicle creators
- Airport / Harbour / Carpark / Train Station builders
- Ship creators
- Aviation builders

- Resource pack creators

- Community support

If you fit any of these categories please PM me on here or drop me a message on skype @ Adster942. Or join my discord @ https://discord.gg/5rj86b5

Any input to this project is helpful in the comments below and any ideas. This is a base idea and the more I talk to other creatives, the more I can plan this out. None of this can happen without large community support and I hope this grabs your attention!
Tripartite
Level 33 : Artisan Procrastinator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

MegaMinerDL
08/20/2017 5:59 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Answer
I have no skype ^-^
----------------o----------------
Im good at vehicles
Im great at skyscrapers
----------------o----------------
Can I help? When does this project start?
Sixshot
08/17/2017 7:42 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Engineer
history
Sounds interesting.

(On a side note, Good luck with the influx of, shall we say, Special, Builders, that PMC, quite frankly, is made up of :) )
MilitaryBuilders
08/17/2017 12:23 am
Level 49 : Master Soldier
Feel free to recruit for this awesome project of yours in the Military Builders discord that your already in. I'm sure more than a few of our builders would be more than happy to help out with your project.
varneridge
08/15/2017 2:00 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
i will build skyscrapers!
Tripartite
08/16/2017 5:35 am
Join the discord and we will be sure to router you in when the time comes to start this project!
raidarr
08/15/2017 10:06 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
Rather ambitious. I guess I'll bite and ask, what else do you have, and what more is there in your plan at the moment? How do you intend to unite people? Are you sending messages to interesting looking individuals that have clearly indicated skills that might not otherwise see this post (as we get a few "massive projects" around here fairly often that proceed to vanish in the wind...) and is there any certainty you can give that this isn't just a) a whim or b) something you might like for a while, but ultimately get tired of?

Rather hard to mobilize a majority of the PMC community, as a general rule...
Tripartite
08/15/2017 10:37 am
Hello, I appreciate the reply and agree with your last comment. It is very hard to unite a large group of people and I understand that. I have been in the community for over a year now doing regular stuff on the IAS network. Not sure how familiar you are with this network but it has multiple large scale projects running and has completed multiple large-scale projects also. Question 1) I intend to unite people through the large scale project in order to create this large project. The aim is to have people from each segment do something, for example, have a map maker make the map for us and stuff like that. Also it will be on a server open 24/7 and the builders will be contacted and given permission to build in certain areas, towns and locations etc. 2) as mentioned, I have invited players to my server recently but will be beginning to send out invitations to the larger members of the community who can help with the project as soon as it gets a bit of ground on the forum so I have something to go to them with. 3) I can ensure this isn't just a whim by already having the dedicated for this project to run on. Once this idea sets off, I will set up the server with a group of developers to make this perfect for the project idea. In terms of something I might like for a while comment, that is a possibility but if I lose interest then the server would remain up and I intend to recruit multiple 'project managers' who will do all of the controlling over it, I will just over see the project and do buildings when I want to and can do. I will act as a simple builder even though I am the founder and overseer of this project. Like I said, this is a community project and all the progress we make is up to the community! Join the discord https://discord.gg/vd9HFm2 to see the progress we make and to throw in your 2 cents when you want :)
Tripartite
08/15/2017 8:40 am
Just to add! This project will either be posted on my PMC or most likely, Have its own PMC and social media's set up as i don't want to steal any credit from you all!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome