Minecraft Morals

Chimpoid's Avatar Chimpoid10/29/12 7:23 pm
1 emeralds 332 8
10/30/2012 3:13 pm
SilverKytten's Avatar SilverKytten
Ingame on servers there are lots of moral issues players face.

Give us an example of a dilemma you've faced and what you did and how justified you think it was
Here are a couple of examples below.
Is it alright to be mean to noobs?
Is it natural to nick stuff from a faction?
Should you force people to stay in your faction, or kick them out with nowhere to go?
Is it fair to give unfair trading to people who are new to the game (i.e. 20 dirt for a diamond)?
What about the end? Is it ok to exploit access to it and charge ludicrous sums?
Is it justifiable for unwitting players walking into faction territory be forced into slaves to dig holes or cut trees?
Chimpoid
Level 19 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

SilverKytten
10/30/2012 3:13 pm
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
I think morals depend, mostly, upon the type of server it is, and the person you're acting for/against.
With Factions, anything is game. That's what it was meant for. It's supposed to be chaotic and war-filled.
Things like; being mean to noobs, exploiting people/things/ideas, and especially just being mean, are not tolerated on most servers - and, though how it's handled is based on the server you're on.
Gruntly5
10/30/2012 3:07 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
On a Xbox world, the host had forgotten to change it to invite only, so random people were joining.
I originally had the choice to kill them or not, but when one attacked me, all moral doubts fled from my mind. Eventually they stopped coming and left the game.
The host promoted me (because it was Xbox, it was an honourary thing) to "Guardian" because he thought they were attacking our village, and that I was defending it.

Now whenever someone we don't know joins, I give them the choice to join our empire/army/village, or to make their home somewhere else.
jesbuscus
10/30/2012 2:58 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Painter
once i was forced to choose between killing a noob or being killed by my allies sorry random noob...
Chimpoid
10/30/2012 2:53 pm
: P
Have you ever been forced to choose what to do in a moral dilemma?
Chimpoid
10/30/2012 2:33 pm
Lol thats kinda harsh RM_Epic, what did you do to deserve that?
RM_Epic
10/30/2012 2:45 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
Apparently I was enemies with their faction and stepped on their land. That's part of the reason I still go on The Voxel Box.
nickb97
10/29/2012 11:45 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Architect
Alls fair to me in minecraft. Like running a prison server and charging 10000 for a diamond.
RM_Epic
10/29/2012 7:27 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
They kept me in a prison for two real-life days.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome