Keeping villagers alive in survival!

BeanFrogGMR's Avatar BeanFrogGMR9/16/21 9:29 am
9/22/2021 9:01 am
hawoi's Avatar hawoi
I don’t have a huge amount of experience with playing in survival…. But one reoccurring issue I have when playing on a survival map is villages depopulating.

I’ve read up on tips on how to prevent this and I understand the best way is to put a fence around the village and light it up etc etc… but what about when you have just arrived on the map and do not have the resources to do this? I started a survival map yesterday, there was a decently populated village right by the spawn point which was great…. I’ve set up my base a little way off and have just been mining and stuff away from the village but I’ve already noticed all but two of the villagers have disappeared, which will be a problem when I come to trade.

just wondered how you guys work with this.. is it best to stay far away from the village until you have the resources to protect it? I’ve set up my base and have been mining quite a way off… but maybe it’s not far enough?

tips and advice welcome! I always end up restarting my survival maps cos all my villagers disappear lol, would like to avoid this!
BeanFrogGMR
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

hawoi
09/22/2021 9:01 am
Level 38 : Artisan Lemon
build a 5 block tall wall and the place slabs or torch all over the village
coreyhsGames
09/21/2021 6:55 pm
Level 20 : Expert Artist
Make a wall around the village and inside have a lot torches so mobs don't spawn. Also add a more farms with farmers (with composter) and also add more beds to houses.
Sassafras
09/18/2021 9:36 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragon
I lock them in their own houses >:D
coreyhsGames
09/21/2021 6:56 pm
Level 20 : Expert Artist
lmao get all of them and lock them in.
Sassafras
09/21/2021 9:18 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragon
Yes
BeanFrogGMR
09/19/2021 5:27 am
Lol I was trying to do that and they kept coming out every time I was trying to build a fence round the doorway =D
I’ve started a new map now (found a really cool seed I wanted to check out) there are two villages and I’ve set my base up a good 200 blocks away so my villagers stay safe =)
Papa Enny
09/18/2021 3:44 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
Breed them, more bed make them safer houses
BeanFrogGMR
09/16/2021 12:08 pm
Thanks for the useful advice everyone… my plan of action is to keep away from any village until I have adequate resources then I can trap them in and give them some protection! Hopefully then they can start breeding!
cosmicfortune
09/16/2021 10:49 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Zombie
Some things to note about working with villagers are blocks! 3 kinds, actually.
1. Workstations (Working)
2. Beds (Sleeping)
3. Bells (Gossiping/Break Time)

Knowing how villagers act with these blocks can help you control what they do and where they go on a daily basis. If you want to get them all into a single building, move all of those blocks into it and make sure there aren't any outside of the building you want them to go in. If you want to trade with them, they will need Workstations as that's the only way they can restock their trades. Bells are good to have in the building too since it let's them gossip/talk to each other, which normally leads to them summoning an Iron Golem if they feel like they aren't safe enough. Not sure if their sense of safety is working correctly, seeing as they seem way more keen to summon a golem when they're in a small shack with no entry/exit than when out in the open village lol. Just keep in mind any golems they summon will be neutral towards you, so don't hit the golem or the villagers! Oh! Also villagers can climb ladders! Don't let them do that. Not because they'll escape your entrapment, but because they'll probably fall off and hurt themselves. They can climb ladders, but they're not very good at it.

Hope this helped! :)
Pleasenotme
09/16/2021 9:47 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Nerd
Trap two villagers in a cage until you get enough resources, then breed them.
BeanFrogGMR
09/16/2021 9:58 am
That’s an idea, um I dunno how I would do that though haha, I know you can move them with boats and stuff!
THCDPRO
09/16/2021 9:58 am
Level 21 : Expert Cake
yes or just trap the whole village tip build 2 block high walls with a block sticking out so that spiders are not able to pass
BeanFrogGMR
09/16/2021 10:29 am
Lol so I went back and now I have one villager, there don’t appear to be any neighbouring villages either =( I think I’ll start a new map and this time maybe set up base far far away from village (is it 128 blocks away you have to be to stop hostile mobs from spawning in village?) I’d rather start over at this point as I haven’t yet made much progress rather than building up my base then finding I have no villagers to trade with.
Pleasenotme
09/16/2021 11:16 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Nerd
Create a huge underground chamber for mob spawning, get a golden apple and a weakness potion and a name tag, and wait for a zombie villager to spawn, then cure it.
THCDPRO
09/16/2021 11:14 am
Level 21 : Expert Cake
if theres only 1 then go exploring and find another village then automaticly light the place up with torches and build a wall around it also get some lecterns and stuff and trap the villagers
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome