How to make: Hostile mob defence for structures/areas

S16LOL's Avatar S16LOL5/2/23 4:43 pm
5/3/2023 3:45 pm
S16LOL's Avatar S16LOL
Hey y'all,

Currently I'm making a skyblock world, but for some of the islands I want hostile mobs to defend it. I want to be able to add mobs myself, quantity and position, such that I can make them biome oriented. Can someone help me out? This is what i have until now:

For overworld mobs this is possible by naming them ofc, but for mobs out of the nether this becomes harder. As zombie pigman are only hostile when you attack them and piglins/hoglins transform into zombie form in the overworld, those options already vanish. The only option I can find is maybe a zoglin, as an easy option (as I want one of those pig-related mobs).

An other option would be using a spawner, but that would provide farming posibilities, which I'm personally not a big fan of when it's not intended that way.

I've also been thinking about a dispenser dropping spawn eggs, with the problem that it should dispense when players are nearby (like within 10-20 blocks).

Does anyone else have a solution to this, or should I just change my choice of mobs to make the idea more viable? Thanks already :))
S16LOL
Level 15 : Journeyman Crafter