Enchantment Ideas [Also other ideas for a mod im making]

Hardcore User's Avatar Hardcore User3/20/24 11:08 pm history
2 emeralds 157 9
5/25/2024 2:39 pm
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
1: Wisdom:

Gain more experience while mining blocks

2: Propel:

Riptide for maces, but unlike riptide, it must not be raining for you to be able to propel yourself with the mace, only able to propel 10 blocks up and not forward or backwards

3: Charge (Shields):

After blocking, Thrust forward and knock the enemy back double the amount you thrusted forward

4: Light (Golden helmets): Gives your helmet a light for mining, Also changes the texture

5: Lacerate (Swords): Has a chance to hit twice and make the enemy bleed, preventing natural regeneration and slowing them.

6: Flurry (Axes): Each repeated hit deals 1.1x damage, up to 2x damage.

7: Cripple (Axes): Has a chance to cut the enemy's legs off, Making it so they cant move, Also makes them bleed, preventing natural regeneration. If this enchant is on an item, no other enchants can be applied.

8: Decapitate (Swords): Instantly kills the enemy if its below 10% health. Killed enemies also drop their head.

9: Deadeye (Crossbows): Arrows home in on enemies.

10: Assassin (Crossbows): If you land a headshot, it deals 3x damage for each 15 blocks away your target is.
Hardcore User
Level 5 : Apprentice Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

MatCat24
03/27/2024 4:08 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Enchanmen: Shird. You tank a shird... when hit... skibidi dop dop dop yes yes
Hardcore User
05/25/2024 1:06 pm
no
Arkaliasus
03/27/2024 3:57 pm
Level 40 : Master Mage
i made an enchantment for the shield once where every so often the arrow that hit it went into your inventory... maybe you could do that too? :)
Apro87
03/21/2024 3:20 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Pokemon
padded movement: Basically walking and running is quiet.
Bleed: Basically, If not healed, the victim bleeds and loses health (basicly poison but for weapons)
Turtle master: Turtle master potion but for armor.
Heavy falling: Maces do more damage when falling and hitting.
Yeeting: throws the enemy in a random direction.
Please tell me when the mod is released I really wanna try it!
ScotsMiser
03/21/2024 1:04 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Some interesting ideas:

1) Xp being so easy to get I don't see the point, but that view may be far from universal…

2) Technical: Unless some horizontal movement is allowed one would simply come straight back down, which seems of little use…
Preserving any horizontain velocity the player has when the enchant is invoked seems the simplest 'fix'.
(Also any hard limit will greatly limit utility: the solution to the 10 block mace is the 11 block wall)

Aesthetic: Being ably to put Riptide (or similar) on a mace is one of those ideas that is 'obvious' to anyone old enough to have experienced the Thor comics with his propeller hammer… and probably not seen as desirable because of the association.
Making 'propel' an anti-riptide [​it can not be raining to invoke] helps (, but the 10 block vertical only constraint then becomes paramount). Have you considered whether the enchant would be usable while in water?

3) this description needs expansion as I'm unclear about how your proposal would work mechanically…

4) would this light be 'real' (i.e. supressing mob spawning) or 'vrtual' (as Optifine's dynamic lighting which does not)?
Presuming the former…
If this is confined to gold helms, I doubt it would see much use as the significantly better protection and trailing lit area from the common lighting as one goes would seem to outwiegh the utility of the light helm.
Such a hel would also influence the design of player kill mob farms as it's light would need to be taken into account to avoid decreasing spawn efficiency.
(I'm guessing the light effect would only function while the helm was equiped, else this enchant would allow a mobile lantern like effect and allow for a throwable [​real] light source.)
Hardcore User
05/25/2024 1:07 pm
it would be real lighting, also, the mod im making would prevent placing any lights in caves.
ScotsMiser
05/25/2024 2:03 pm
"the mod im making would prevent placing any lights in caves"

this raises te non-trivial issue of how one would determine that a light which was to be placed was 'in a cave' (as opposed to having skylight blocked by a player constructed roof, or being in a gallery in a player dug mine)
Hardcore User
05/25/2024 2:20 pm
If skylight is blocked by blocks in world generation, its a cave
ScotsMiser
05/25/2024 2:39 pm
That would work [actually I should have said sky view i.e. the direct view required for fast fishing].

The only way I can see to make this work would be to store the light map [wrong name, but can't seem to find it] from when the chunk generates for reference.
Note that this would seem to prevent any placement of light in player dug structures like mines and subterranean houses…
One possible (partial) solution would be to prevent placing lights in any block that was both a} lacking skyview when generated and b} air when generated

EDIT: it also occurs to me that leaves block skyview [for fishing] and attenuate skylight, somethnig for which one might need to account…
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome