Cave or Regular Spider Spawners?live_help

ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser12/10/23 9:06 pm
5 emeralds 212 9
12/18/2023 8:42 pm
HoboMaggot's Avatar HoboMaggot
Which sort of spider cage spawner do you prefer to develop?

Feel free to explain why you make this choice in the comments…
ScotsMiser
Level 37 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/16/2023 8:39 amhistory
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
CelestialTrollestia
I really hate the poison effect of Cave Spiders. Also, regular spiders can't fit in 1 block holes, which means you can bottlenose them more easily, without the need for slabs or a more complex mob farm. Your point about Cave Spider generation being more common is a good one, though.

Also, I realised after posting this that there's another reason I prefer regular Spider spawners: while it is more of a hassle to find them, it's harder to get swarmed by them when clearing their spawn area, since there's only one spawner.
12/12/2023 10:18 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Explorer
TorenokRed
Usually only mess with normal spider spawners. Really dislike the poison effect the cave Spiders have.

Will say this about cave spiders spawners though, There are times I'm tempted to make a grinder for them when I find a cluster of them.
12/12/2023 10:57 pm
ScotsMiser
"There are times I'm tempted to make a grinder for them when I find a cluster of them."
I'd forgotten about that aspect; much more common to find multiple spawners with overlapping activation volumes for cave spiders.

[I get bit so rarely the poison effect isn't off putting. Largely this is because I light things up as I explore and will use pistons to push light blocks into the spawn range to disable the spawner. ]
12/11/2023 3:12 amhistory
ScotsMiser
For me this would be cave spiders because:

A } they are easier to find: first because minesahafts generate more frequently than 'monster rooms', and
            second because the extended size of a mineshaft makes acts as a locater for the spawner[​s]

B } cave spaider spawners do not generate spider jockies – which makes player kill stations and drop processing simpler.
12/16/2023 10:03 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Pretty sure in conventional spider farms, the spider jockies would die from suffocation in the 1st place
12/17/2023 4:47 am
ScotsMiser
If you've a good design to accomplish that [​suffication of the spider jockies] please share….
12/18/2023 7:46 am
HoboMaggot
While for 1.16 this farm posed no problems to me for up to 1.18 (haven't tested further)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBwxRJLd2Sc
I've prob afked for 10 hrs in total around that farm and have never seen a surviving skeleton. The low ceiling on the way to the station will make the spider float to the top of the available space (which is already taken up by water), which would suffocate the jockey (as collision physics do not apply to passengers)
12/18/2023 12:37 pm
ScotsMiser
Ah, yes that should work (and without generating non-stackables), but does stil require dealing with arrows and bones in the item stream. [Easily done, but it does slightly increase the complexity/cost of the build.]
12/18/2023 8:42 pm
HoboMaggot
The bones and arrows you might as are incredibly rare, itll only pose a problem if you have a separate item sorter
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome