Beware of Minecraft "virus server links"

FactorPac's Avatar FactorPac7/2/23 4:15 pm
1 emeralds 246 2
7/5/2023 7:10 pm
ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser
If you are looking for Minecraft servers, a good way is to look them up on google and check out any links you find interesting. however, while doing this, I have came across many suspicious links. These links don't actually go to Minecraft servers. They bring you to virus sites. I've had experience with this kind of thing, so here's some advice to not end up on one of these sites.
One link I've seen is called "untitled." the description is filled with tons of text like, "How to bake a cake, advice, facebook, Minecraft, Minecraft severs, Minecraft tutorial, etc. these links are clearly virus links. they put all of that stuff in there so the link will show up more. they spam the link over and over. one time I came across an entire page of google filled with these links. so if you see a link that has a lot of random things in the description, NEVER click it.
Another thing to look out for is websites with sketchy names/domains. the title and description may look totally normal, but the website could be called something like "etrgsgb4f.eu" so if you see any weird looking websites, definitely don't click them. I'd say the safest way to find Minecraft servers is to go on trusted server list website and browse there.
However, I found my current favorite Minecraft server while browsing google, which I've made many friends on and have played on for over a year. But if you've ever encountered any weird virus links like this, Please write about it in the comments.
FactorPac
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner