Apparantely Minecraft is a violent game now

aman207's Avatar aman2079/29/13 6:40 pm
1 emeralds 6.6k 279
10/12/2013 11:05 am
xxtreepuncherxx's Avatar xxtreepuncherxx
Saw this on MCF, thought I would post it here
http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/father- ... as/vCDXPx/

This is total BS.
Refer to the chart (Got this from PMC's Facebook page)

http://i.imgur.com/ll98AT0.png
aman207
Level 40 : Master Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

xxtreepuncherxx
10/12/2013 11:05 am
Level 44 : Master Pixel Puncher
This is what happens when Media doesn't understand the subject, All they know is there is a video game involved. Many school have 'minecraft courses' now that teach building, restone circuits and more. This is obviously the parents fault for allowing the child to have access to weapons in the first place, and for not teaching the child that these items can be dangerous and not to play with them.
EPIC DUCK03
10/12/2013 10:36 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Pony
DUDE that is so stupid.
1.Minecraft has no guns nor knives
2.How'd the dad get a GUN
3.The character is probably a dude from CoD:Zombies
Teh_501st_Sniper
10/03/2013 9:33 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Skinner
The dad doesn't deserve to have a gun if he is gonna just leave it lying around so his kid can pick it up.
ABlindSniper115
10/03/2013 9:29 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Creeper
I hope I never meet the father because I'm....
Doughty
10/03/2013 9:14 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Grump
I'd rather have a gun to hunt for my own meat than depending on store bought processed meat. I guess that's not a logical reason for most of this lot though...
krugle
10/03/2013 9:19 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
I'm with you on that one sadly 99% of these city dwellers will never know the sense one gets when eating the meat you have gotten for yourself.
BleedCrimson
10/03/2013 9:17 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
I don't think some of these people understand the concept of logic.

Who do we blame for the mistake? While it was a problem that the boy's father left his firearm out, we also must examine the other factors. Perhaps there was a mental illness that the child suffered from. I can guarantee you, though, that guns are NOT the problem.
Casval
10/03/2013 6:24 pm
Level 24 : Expert Lumberjack
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\.

This is why you keep your armaments in a vault under lock and key and not in your drawer.
BlueThePirate
10/03/2013 5:11 am
Level 1 : New Miner
May contain small parts?
BlueThePirate
10/03/2013 5:10 am
I blame the father, I mean, who leaves a GUN in the reach of a 9 year old? Will people have to buy guns that come in boxes with *WARNING: Keep gun out of the reach of people under 20*?
Madam_Power
10/03/2013 4:46 am
Level 26 : Expert Architect
Lol how can you blame "minecraft" when you let them play on it and further they choose pvp and further seriously the child could have a disease that makes him shoot people[lol]
5uperTrinity
10/03/2013 3:59 am
Level 71 : Legendary Hero
Stupid ass news and retarded father.
GarretSidzaka
10/03/2013 3:37 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Hero
if you want to see violence in minecraft click the server banner in my signature and join that server. there are guns, torpedoes, napalm, and blood splashes, without any client mods needed.
aman207
10/02/2013 9:37 pm
Level 40 : Master Cake
Madam_Power
10/03/2013 4:47 am
Level 26 : Expert Architect
Black ops

All i have to say
AK_saurus_REX
10/02/2013 9:22 pm
#Icanshootmyfriends
K1KASS1nfd3v
10/02/2013 8:41 pm
this is the worst attempt at calling a game "violent" in history. wanna bat daddy played DOOM on his atari? "they dig with hammers" ohhhhh, so pickaxes are hammers, now are they? it shows ON THE BOX that Steeve is ready to dig with what? A pickaxe. guns, you say? not in the 360 version! there are currently no possible ways to modify xbox minecraft, and only one texture pack (released by mojang) and that has no guns in it. violence? sorry, but even using a diamond sword, it only turns the attacker red for a moment, and that is about as violent looking as a high five.
CleverUserName01
10/02/2013 6:33 pm
Level 29 : Expert Toast
The media uses video games as a scapegoat...
Zemor
10/02/2013 8:06 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
The media uses guns as a scapegoat more than they do for video games.

Related:

That was a college professor.
CleverUserName01
10/02/2013 6:26 pm
Level 29 : Expert Toast
That was infinite bullcrap
EndermanAssassin
10/02/2013 6:12 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Hunter
aman207Saw this on MCF, thought I would post it here
http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/father- ... as/vCDXPx/

This is total BS.
Refer to the chart (Got this from PMC's Facebook page)

http://i.imgur.com/ll98AT0.png

#politicianlogic
blazer1scool
10/02/2013 1:59 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
Bulgaria sounds like a nice place to live
OwhForFuckSake
10/03/2013 2:31 am
Level 45 : Master Pokemon
It is but like most European countries the goverment doesn't care about its people, all they care about is stealing money from the coutry. And they do it obvious, everyone is like f... Them prolitics and sit down for a drink.
blazer1scool
10/02/2013 1:52 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
after readiing this my goal is to become the best parent ever
WeisbrotAG237
10/02/2013 1:48 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
you are stupid. only cause 1 little kid which dont knows that weapons are that dangerous brings a weapon to shool you say its a violent game. u just want views. and what is the use of the views for you? thats just stupid
linkfanx
10/02/2013 7:14 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
minecraft doesn't have guns,hammers, or knifes.
Ivain
10/02/2013 4:36 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
These sort of things will always happen, no matter what game the kids play. If I do something wrong or forget about something, my parents almost always blame it on minecraft, completely forgetting that I did the exact same things before minecraft even existed.

It is possible that the kid watched some let's play with a gun mod, but even if it had been a myLittlePony game, the parents would have blamed that.
Little_Miss_Dumpling
10/02/2013 3:48 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Pony
Here's what I'd like to say. It's a little off-topic, but it's also something that's been mentioned on this post a few times. (This will probably start a flame war, but I just want to get my opinion out there. Maybe someone will agree.)

Firearms should NOT be legal. Why the hell would you need one, and why the hell should you have one? The only people that DO need them are soldiers and meat farmers (y'know, ones that slaughter their cattle and stuff for food). Why would you need one for self defense? To protect yourself from someone with A GUN? Seriously, people! Legal firearms are just encouraging the "fight fire with fire" attitude which is out-dated and unnecessary (also very bad).
Zemor
10/02/2013 5:16 pm
AMENDMENT II

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Criminals are going to get guns, legally or not. I have already stressed this point multiple times.
Shanery
10/03/2013 3:40 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Prince
Criminals may get guns legally or not, but
A) Its harder for them to get guns without the right to guns. Obviously.
B) If you need to scare off robbers or whatever, get an airsoft replica. Perfectly legal. Looks the same. Weighs the same. Feels the same. The only difference is it doesnt kill people.
BleedCrimson
10/03/2013 8:21 pm
An....airsoft replica?

That's like saying you should carry a sprayer filled with water instead of pepper spray.

I would rather have a gun when I don't need it than not having one when I DO need it.
-Rusty-
10/03/2013 5:48 pm
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
Lol... i won't kill 'em, but when you get hit by an airsoft gun (like ones that shoot like REAL guns), you can bet it hurts!

I knew a guy who brought over his M-16 airsoft replica that had the safety and rapid fire and everything! One pellet from that thing made a huge dent in this soda can we used as target practice...
-Rusty-
10/02/2013 9:37 am
Right... besides I have machete if anyone breaks in my house to kill us :u
Really, it's from mexico...
OwhForFuckSake
10/02/2013 4:00 am
Can't agree more. If you carry a weapon to protect yourself from someone with a weapon you just don't expect him to out it away, instead in most cases he opens fire and here we go again another murder, another victim and this starts again. The solution: Nobody owns a weapon, no wars, no murders. Everyone is happy. Back in the days (really really old ones) people used words and were more successful than now, start a war here, start a war there. Why need it? Just nobody gets a weapon. And I don't think it should even be illegal, it should be just gone.
Doughty
10/02/2013 9:30 am
Level 38 : Artisan Grump
That post is purely ridiculous. "Nobody owns a weapon, no wars, no murders." Seriously? Have you not heard of strangling someone to death? And are you also saying the knife I use to cut my steak needs to go because technically it's a weapon? What about my lawn mower, I'm sure I could kill someone with that. Maybe we should get rid of water too, because if I wanted to, I could drown someone to death. Maybe I should replace my car with a horse too, oh wait, I could kill someone with one of those as well. And if you're saying no one should own a weapon, how am I supposed to kill the animals I get my meat from? How about we just let nuisance animals overrun since we have no way to limit their population. It has been shown throughout history that the more government imposes on the lives of citizens, the more rebellions and riots there are. In America we pride in ourselves in being a relatively free country, which includes things such as the second amendment "The right to bear arms shall not be infringed" which has already been broken in part. The fact that guns are legalized is definitely NOT the problem, and if you were to take weapons away from the public, it would cause tons more problems than it would potentially solve, so it really is an unrealistic proposition.
OwhForFuckSake
10/02/2013 1:17 pm
If he strangles you to death then he has a goal to kill you, If we didn't have weapons at all do you think there would be wars? And using every day objects to kill someone is way too much "movie-ish" and again if they want to kill you at all costs they will use everything they find. If you have a weapon, you do not go and point it at random people right? You only use it if you are a solider/hitman. If there are no weapons that soliders can use it would be plain stupid to go fight another nation with every day objects, wouldn't it be? No weapons = murders cut to civillians murdering civillians, not doing something in the name of their country. And the murderers go to frikin' jail. Or death for them. I would really like the old great Bulgaria laws; If you lie, you get your tounge cut off, if you steal you get your hands choped off, kill someone - you get killed. Back then people feared the laws and followed them. Crime rates down to zero.
DanTheYellowYoshi
10/02/2013 1:43 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
But that would be cruel and unusual punishment, which would be violating our constitutional rights.

Also, anything can be used as a weapon, and there will always be bad people in the world. There's no stopping people from killing each other, because there's always people that are sick in the head.
-Rusty-
10/02/2013 9:39 am
You know doughty, your right actually...

Lol, like I say, everything can be used as a weapon or to severely hurt someone, like carrots...
OwhForFuckSake
10/02/2013 3:19 am
What the heck is wrong with other countries? In Bulgaria every kid from the year of 5 plays Counter strike, battlefield, COD, GTA, 6+ hours every day. Yes, all these bloody violent games that make you "an uncontrolable murderer" yet noone killed anyone, kids never brought a knife or a gun to school, people hardly ever get murdered here. VIDEO GAMES DO NOT MAKE YOU MURDER PEOPLE! That is to every retarded parent that can't keep weapons away from their kids and can't take responsibility for things and blames video games and what not else. The problem is that countries just can't control guns and the stupid parents. And yeah the only people who make kids murder are parents, they just provide them guns without even knowing it.
Buttsauce
10/02/2013 2:39 am
Level 43 : Master Princess
Zemor
Buttsauce
ZemorDoes it also make you happy to know that the UK is considered the "violent crime capital" of Europe?

No, but it does make me happy that my overall chances of encountering a homicidal maniac with a knife are much higher than my overall chances of encountering a homicidal maniac with a gun.

Criminals will get guns whether they are legal or not.

So wait....you would rather be disarmed and fighting a person with a knife than person with a gun. Why would you NOT want a firearm in that situation?

Because, shocking as it might be, I would rather not hurt another human, even in self-defense.

Feel free to consider it a cultural difference. I believe it's also responsible for my inability to get my head around the fact that there are responsible gun owners who oppose gun control. Funny thing, this cultural difference stuff.
Zemor
10/01/2013 10:08 pm
I'm going to tackle some of these points.
Doctor_of_darkJust going out on a limb to say a few things....

1) The concept of violence is different from view to view. Some think that simply killing things regardless of how it looks is violent, down to those who think that unless there is blood and gore everywhere the violence is minimal. It's preference.

I honestly believe minecraft to be VERY low on the violence spectrum compared to most games kids have access to these days

According to Merriam-Webster, violence can be defined as:

the use of physical force to harm someone, to damage property, etc.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/violence

2( Weapons in schools is a serious issue I agree, but this kid is 9, he is still at that awkward stage where you don't think straight due to your young-ish mind. The father has some blame for this as he should've described the pain these kinds of things can cause, and teach his son the "Guns don't hurt people, People hurt people' phrase till it was bleeding out of his ears.

Again, the weapons themselves can't hurt someone on their own. A videogame can't hurt someone on their own. It all comes down to the person who plays the game and uses weapons to know this. (unless its a case like CreeperCarole stated earlier about medication being a factor as that is a recurring theme in recent shootings)

A gun is a tool. A hammer is a tool. Guns themselves do not harm people, as they need someone to operate it (except in the case of freak accidents, of course).

The issue of weapons being taken to school with intent to harm innocent people is a problem, yes, but gun control is not the way to fix this. Disarming good people does not make bad people harmless.

3( (Personal opinion FLAME SHIED ACTIVATED)
I think humanity should learn it's facts. In this generation of instant news where if something happens we know almost immediately, facts are BOUND to get skewed. Especially amongst those groups in the media that bend facts for their own gain. As stated earlier, video games have helped lower violent crimes, have increased hand-eye co-ordination, reaction times, decision making, etc. Yet we are still using it as a scapegoat for violence. While I will admit that it's not as constant of an excuse as medication problems, or mental problems, is still something I see, and is something that annoys me.

Learn your facts humanity, and perhaps learn to take blame on yourself when you do something wrong. Cause if you don't, your children won't, and their children won't, and so on....

And on another note, as stated the kid was "Acting out" minecraft. While it is easy for us to blame the media, or the games, or whatever, we need to blame the root of the issue. The parents or guardians thinking "Oh my 8 year old is WAY to smart to take my pistol to school after playing this rated E+10/T/M game". Don't buy your kid a game you know has serious violence in it, UNLESS YOU ARE 100% CERTAIN, you can trust their judgement. (In my opinion at least)

Thank you and goodbye

The effect video games have had on the crime rate is minimal at best. from what I can gather from the below source.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02 ... nce-hmmmm/

Like they point out, we must be careful when claiming that violent video games cause violent crime to drop. We don't know if violent crime statistics would drop further if violent video games didn't get so popular.

One thing is for certain though: violent video games do have an effect. It is called desensitization. It may not occur for all people, but I'm afraid I have already been desensitized to a lot of things.
cavedigger107
10/01/2013 9:17 pm
Give the father a break, he is probably too thick to know guns aren't toys for your kids.

But seriously though I have a degree in psychology. And I find that video games don't cause people to do violent things, in fact I would go as far as to say the violent the better. Let the little hoser play the games, they let the animalistic impulses out. Especially before puberty.
Doctor_of_dark
10/01/2013 8:52 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
Just going out on a limb to say a few things....

1) The concept of violence is different from view to view. Some think that simply killing things regardless of how it looks is violent, down to those who think that unless there is blood and gore everywhere the violence is minimal. It's preference.

I honestly believe minecraft to be VERY low on the violence spectrum compared to most games kids have access to these days

2( Weapons in schools is a serious issue I agree, but this kid is 9, he is still at that awkward stage where you don't think straight due to your young-ish mind. The father has some blame for this as he should've described the pain these kinds of things can cause, and teach his son the "Guns don't hurt people, People hurt people' phrase till it was bleeding out of his ears.

Again, the weapons themselves can't hurt someone on their own. A videogame can't hurt someone on their own. It all comes down to the person who plays the game and uses weapons to know this. (unless its a case like CreeperCarole stated earlier about medication being a factor as that is a recurring theme in recent shootings)

3( (Personal opinion FLAME SHIED ACTIVATED)
I think humanity should learn it's facts. In this generation of instant news where if something happens we know almost immediately, facts are BOUND to get skewed. Especially amongst those groups in the media that bend facts for their own gain. As stated earlier, video games have helped lower violent crimes, have increased hand-eye co-ordination, reaction times, decision making, etc. Yet we are still using it as a scapegoat for violence. While I will admit that it's not as constant of an excuse as medication problems, or mental problems, is still something I see, and is something that annoys me.

Learn your facts humanity, and perhaps learn to take blame on yourself when you do something wrong. Cause if you don't, your children won't, and their children won't, and so on....

And on another note, as stated the kid was "Acting out" minecraft. While it is easy for us to blame the media, or the games, or whatever, we need to blame the root of the issue. The parents or guardians thinking "Oh my 8 year old is WAY to smart to take my pistol to school after playing this rated E+10/T/M game". Don't buy your kid a game you know has serious violence in it, UNLESS YOU ARE 100% CERTAIN, you can trust their judgement. (In my opinion at least)

Thank you and goodbye
jefe070
10/01/2013 7:15 pm
Level 41 : Master Engineer
well psh
who plays survival minecraft anyways?
nyancatrox1
10/01/2013 7:56 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
me...
mrgdoesmc
10/01/2013 6:59 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal
This combined with that song about foxes and the goverment shut down is urging me to suicide
babymonkeys
10/01/2013 6:58 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Narwhal
WTF is this.
madisonjack01
10/01/2013 6:27 pm
Level 25 : Expert Unicorn
Well first off the parent does not know how to hide his weapons from his own child. 2nd off minecraft is so close to violent I get the mods with the guns but Xbox MC does not have mods/guns. And last this is just shocking that the court would press charges to a kid who thought it had all of this. The kid did not know what he was doing and he will be punished for his parents fault of not checking his backpack or seeing if there was anything odd. If this kid could hear me now he should think that it was not his fault he is a young kid who loves this amazing game. Well that is all I have to say =3
FlaashV
10/01/2013 6:16 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Narwhal
minecraft is meant to be a survival game based on how you would survive irl(besides the treepunchin' stuff).
apparently irl, the father digs things up with a hammer
waaaat
meh, america lol
turkey123gurky123
10/01/2013 5:55 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome