Advice on PC Build!

ClassyEnglishman's Avatar ClassyEnglishman6/2/14 8:29 am
1 emeralds 311 5
6/2/2014 10:28 am
Daunted Yeti's Avatar Daunted Yeti
Heyyy ! I'm not the best at knowing what I need to upgrade on my PC , but I do understand the basics. Anyway , It is mah Birthday soon *giggles* and I was wondering what I should buy ! If somebody could look at my specs and just leave a comment below with a suggestion at what would be better , I can upgrade 1 or 2 things , depending on the price xD

Mainboard : Asus M5A78L-M LX V2
Chipset : AMD 780
Processor : AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 2400 MHz (max : 3316.5)
Physical Memory : 8192 MB (2 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM )
Video Card : AMD Radeon HD 5670
ClassyEnglishman
Level 33 : Artisan Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

BaconPeppers
06/02/2014 9:07 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
i bewieve dat we shuld not be gujed bi owr skin butt bi owr

sowwy wrong fread dis pc sjuld do u god cuz my homis sed it wuld
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/q7CfhM
BuildTeamInfinity
06/02/2014 9:16 am
Level 23 : Expert Architect
I already have the PC , simply looking to upgrade it.
Daunted Yeti
06/02/2014 8:52 am
Level 1 : New Miner
While the max output of your processor is competitive by today's standards, it only counts if it's both unlocked and overclocked (Which I'm guessing it isn't, due to that being a rather complex process.) Right now there are some decent options that don't require OCing in the AMD FX processors. I have the 8320, which I got on sale for $120.00 USD. You may need to upgrade a few other things to support that, like the motherboard and perhaps your power supply depending on its wattage. You're RAM should be fine unless you're planning on doing more advanced tasks, and your video card looks okay if you are okay with newer games running on minimum settings. The trouble with video cards these days is while the cheaper ones offer greater price to performance (more bang for your buck), you would need to really drop dollars to get a significant upgrade. Something like the Nvidia GTX 770 would be a good step up, (Retail is about $150 USD right now) but it would be limited overall by your processor.
Another option, while I don't know what your storage solution is right now, would be adding an SSD to your current setup. That would improve performance in and out of games, reducing overall startup times to less that one minute, which can be a significant upgrade.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

DY
Navbarry
06/02/2014 9:33 am
Level 42 : Master Blob
The 770 does not cost $150 at safe dealers. It costs around $250-$300 depending on the card you get and from the website.
Edit:
WOOO 400th post!!!!!!!!
Daunted Yeti
06/02/2014 10:28 am
Level 1 : New Miner
I stand corrected, although with the next generation of hardware coming out in the near feature, being things like Free-sync, G-sync (if that's still liable to happen,) the mantel and broadwell chipsets, and all of the other new stuff, I imagine that the last generation (or at least half a gen ago, like the 770) will have a decent reduction in price. Right now I have an entry level card, (Pny GT 630, cost me $75) and I'm saving up for the GTX 780 TI although that's going to hit my wallet pretty hard.

EDIT: I mentioned my GT 630 because with the performance offered by a slightly overclocked FX 8320, I'm able to run most current-gen games like watchdogs and Far Cry on moderate settings. To give you a better idea of what you might want, linustechtips.com is a great forum community where they can give you accurate price to performance numbers and give you a more detailed answer.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome